Mafia Call the Ships to Port: Game Thread - END GAME - TOWN VICTORY!

Looking for: the motivation to read the last three pages
If found please call Vanessa at 333-333-TAD

I've read everything but I am not sure how to process it all or who to believe lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

like serious props to dad for putting up such a mad defense. If he's scum then he's really putting all out to win when his whole team has given zero ****s about the game. ik I'd probably have given up on this scumteam a while ago if it weren't for the ghost ships...and even with the ghost ship deus ex machina, idk bruh...it's hard not to crack/slip as scum

- - - Post Merge - - -

Opportunism can be used by town as well, especially if they're told they're going to be lynched by a majority of the playerlist, and it seemed like a definitive qt moment.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/c67da678d745dbab8a86759d9e629d3d/tumblr_oxfj26oTjI1u9fa5qo1_500.gif

So basically you're just desperate and taking a random occurrence to mean something meaningful to save your ass. Got it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

dammit gif

tumblr_oxfj26oTjI1u9fa5qo1_500.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

basically for the whole war of words, to me it's way more probable for dad to have been bussing, bluesniping, and going along with mislynches all along than for ILY to have bussed her teammate instantly d1

That was something that I did want to bring up but got side-tracked due to the Panda Time Bomb & wallpost war.

Players who think I was capable of blue sniping this game, you need to re-evaluate your train of thought. Please bare with me if I repeat a but. Back in 2014 our games were out-of--thread communication. There was no such thing as bluesniping as people were roleclaiming from Day One to one another. Forming alliances and etc. Information was widely shared and spread fast. Go verify yourselves in the mafia QT from 2014, we literally have lists stating who claimed what role. No blue sniping. So I am not used to using no information and trying to find blues out of that. Maybe you guys are but I don't even know more than half the player list and how they play so really for you guys to think I blue sniped is exaggerated.

It's impossible for me to know whether a player like Toadsworthy, Dolby or even Oath would be hiding blue in this game without the ability to receive their insight via PMs or chats. I don't even know roles enough to be able to strategize on who may be what. These kills were strategic and clearly well-planned based on the players in this game since no one actually revealed their roles Day One.

When u transfer ur pokemon from Sun yo ultra sun with the Poke Bank then u realize you have to breed a porygon so u can give it an item so to trade so it can evolve and theres more ultra beasts and ur sitting there wondering what life choices led to this moment....

- - - Post Merge - - -

I fell better cuz i got a free icecream from Mcdonald's

dads saying that karen voted ILY because they?re scum together

but tom voted mog d1

tom and karen played similarly in that they both didn?t participate much (ISP=insufficient participation) and only showed up in threads before the vote happened.

to me it doesn?t really make sense for karen to vote a teammate just like tom did

i mean i just think ILY is town in general, but if i ignored my reads i feel like that move is weird to make as maf

Thanks for this glow, I understand what you were saying now. :)

--- snip ---

As much as I appreciate the sentiment that you both have given me... But... I've already fully decided that this mafia game will be my last one as stated in my VM to Chick. It would be nice to learn to play better; however, I feel like this is for the best. The current game has already affected my physical health here. So... I'm pretty sure that's a huge sign that says I should no longer keep playing future mafia games. :T The only reason why I am still playing this game... is well... that I would feel really bad if I were to get modkilled a second time.

Amanda... When I read what you said about me I kept wondering why you keep having faith in me the more I read it over and over again. Just was wondering about it in general if you wanted to know. It just boggles my mind a lot since I don't really have faith in myself the longer I am in the game. I really want to trust in you, but I am just too afraid to do so. I really want to believe what you're telling me.

--- snip ---
-----------------------------

Seeing the mentions of my what's bothering you post and my VM to Chick in this game is very surprising to me. I didn't write those things for any alignment indicative purposes. The only reason why I posted a VM to Chick was due to their question that popped up during the duration of this game. Question that was asked of me from Chick: "Well, are you interested in Mafia anymore?". It was a question that I gave a serious thought about. I had to re-evaluate the things that happened in the game to determine my answer. So... I asked myself if my answer was still the same despite everything that I went through alone. In the end... I concluded that my answer has indeed changed.

--- snip ---

I made sure to be completely honest when I wrote this because I thought honesty is the best policy. If one really wants to lynch me then I won't stop them from doing so and just accept it for what it is. Acceptance is important to me. Therefore I will accept my fate in this game.

(Post 'snipped' due to the length of my surrounding post.)
Oh my goodness Ryumia - you are such a sincerely kind, sweet, and thoughtful human being. I'm a little in awe at how ~pure~ and self-reflective and self-aware you are. I am so sorry to hear your health has been so impacted by this game, and I think you have made the right decision in the circumstances - no game is worth compromising your health for, ever.

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to answer so thoughtfully, honestly, and comprehensively. I can see why you made the choices you did now, you were understandably confused and paranoid about what was going on around you as a result of us interpreting your words as a possible/likely/definite Blue soft-claim. Please don't be so hard on yourself, you did nothing wrong at all in the circumstances. As Vanessa said, you're not responsible at all for anyone dying, and we can all see you've been doing your best to help us.

I apologise for bringing up your other activities here on TBT (my post # 3737) without being more clear about why I was doing so ; I did not believe it was relevant to your alignment. I was giving my PoV on the likelihood of you returning to the game vs not returning at all, as the discussion at that point involved whether we should try and end the Day phase early. I'm sorry for causing you unnecessary confusion. And I completely understand and respect your apprehension about trusting me - or anyone - given the circumstances. I know my own motivations and priorities, but of course you cannot. I can see how much you are struggling rn, and I wish I could do more to try and help but I think that will have to wait until after this game is over.

Finally : I realise now I was being presumptuous in hoping you would play in future Mafia games, and I was not even considering your own perspective. That was rude of me and I am deeply sorry for that. There is more, much more, to life than Mafia, and that's okay.

:)

I don?t care what she flips, survivor or mafia both help in one way or another
And no. If you really wanna know pay attention to Tina?s posts more :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Ryumia?s so town, if she?s mafia I?ll be #S H O O K
Panda I think will flip mafia sadly, so remaining should be Dad and ??? I townread everyone else so lmao idk
All the blue roles make sense, only one that could be lying is Ghost but idk if he?d be able to pull that off, Fire?s seems too real and and so does Glow?s, everyone elses is easily confirmable so.

I'm really hoping you're still withholding info (whatever it is) for strategic reasons and not just to mess with Dad, myself, or the both of us. :(

I agree with you that Ryumia is obvious Town (though I don't get the shook reference).

She might of misread her pm thingy

That can, and absolutely does, happen. But I think it's virtually impossible for that to have been what occured here as Panda had had literally days to make sure she fully understood how her role worked, both in the Mafia QT thread as well as by pm discussion with Tina to clarify anything she couldn't discuss in the QT thread with her teammates. She's also quite an experienced player and would not have been as easily thrown by the unusual (unique? Idk) role as Punchy was. Especially as her pm seems a lot more straightforward than the flavour-filled one m poor Punchy received (I've said it before but it bears repeating - I, too, would have been confused af at receiving that role pm).

Imo it doesn't much matter at this stage why she did what she did at the end there. We're already at LYLO and we were before her lynch, too, so her final actions didn't have any net impact -except to generate discussion of her motives and cause some confusion. I think the gain to them of confusing us and potentially being able to chew up valuable time is explanation enough for her actions, personally.

Just to be clear though : in most games, until it's endgame, it's generally best to try and work out scum motives whenever possible (without jumping to conclusions).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gavin : is it perchance your bedtime or something? (Asking only as I recall you saying you wanting people to remind you to log-off if your posts were veering off-topic.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Gah that was rude. I'm sorry.

- - - Post Merge - - -

OKAY SERIOUSLY HOW AND WHY IS THERE ANOTHER SMILEY FACE HEADER ON MY POST??? It's not even the same smiley face as before for ****s sake.

:(

Nah its only 3:30 i have 7 more hours its just this game has gotten reallllll slow and i dont have any more suspects at this point...so ig at this point i either will sheep or talk about random crap to fill the "you have to be actve or face the modkill" rule

Amanda said:
OKAY SERIOUSLY HOW AND WHY IS THERE ANOTHER SMILEY FACE HEADER ON MY POST??? It's not even the same smiley face as before for ****s sake.
Omk I died the first time and I'm dying again

Nah its only 3:30 i have 7 more hours its just this game has gotten reallllll slow and i dont have any more suspects at this point...so ig at this point i either will sheep or talk about random crap to fill the "you have to be actve or face the modkill" rule

You've more than sufficiently posted to avoid the risk of being mod-killed for inactivity. Generally, posting off-topic content is seen as some combination of NewTown/scummy/annoying/disrespectful towards the host and other players. Not saying you are being anything but NewTown here, but if this were still a normal game (gosh it's hard to believe this game was ever normal..) then you'd very likely be seen as scummy by now (assuming you're not confirmed, and much of the time you won't be in future games), and people would be pressing you for reads, thoughts, etc etc.

This game is slow rn, but there are often lulls in a game and we just have to roll with it, or generate our own (appropriate) discussion/s. It's probably best to try and get into good habits now rather than needing to learn them after finding out the hard way that what was okay here is not going to work for most games, most of the time.

If that makes sense? Lemme know if not, or whatever. I don't mind being told to stop trying to "help", either, just FYI. ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omk I died the first time and I'm dying again

Ya well I died then, too, and died again now but neither time was from laughter coz THIS IS SO EFFING UNFAIR I don't want to have to learn how to make a header here just so I can find out how the **** I'm apparently making them by accident. And ruining my serious posts - coz I bet one isn't clgonna appear on THIS post to you rn, is it?

See? UNFAIR.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But I'm glad you get to die laughing!

And, better still - it's 5:53am and I DID NOT WAKE ANYONE UP AGAIN (yet)!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, now I'm a hypocrite, too, in addition to ridiculous.

I'm done being off-topic, I need to sleep.

Please don't add another 3,885 posts to this impossibly enormous thread whilst I'm gone. (I can ask, right?)

On the basis of tone I think Dad is town and Kayla is scum.
On the basis of actions I think Kayla is town and Dad is scum. (I legit typed Kayla is Dad and Dad is Kayla first, yikes.)
Maybe Amanda is the best lynch because regardless of which of Dad and Kayla is scum she is probably the other scum?
This game has twisted my mind so hard and everything I thought has been wrong. Good luck tomorrow guys

Well if Dad was mafia, wouldn't he do his best to keep the same tone as his Town self would ? I think he demonstrated up to now that he is very good at that.

Okay. So... I role-claimed correctly since I didn't get mod-killed. That's huge relief. I was so worried that I might be doing it wrong and would screw Town over by messing that up. T^T

Panda turned out to be on the mafia team instead of being third-party Survivor... Okay then. :X

I'm not really sure who I will be voting for in the next day phase... TBT Mafia is apparently not good for my heart.

Hey that's not true at all. Nobody died because of you, you've done nothing wrong. People died because scum decided to kill them for whatever reason, it has nothing to do with you. You've been trying to help the best you can and we all appreciate it. Please don't feel bad about anything you have done. :)
Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Vanessa. I really do appreciate that a lot.

(Post 'snipped' due to the length of my surrounding post.)
Oh my goodness Ryumia - you are such a sincerely kind, sweet, and thoughtful human being. I'm a little in awe at how ~pure~ and self-reflective and self-aware you are. I am so sorry to hear your health has been so impacted by this game, and I think you have made the right decision in the circumstances - no game is worth compromising your health for, ever.

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to answer so thoughtfully, honestly, and comprehensively. I can see why you made the choices you did now, you were understandably confused and paranoid about what was going on around you as a result of us interpreting your words as a possible/likely/definite Blue soft-claim. Please don't be so hard on yourself, you did nothing wrong at all in the circumstances. As Vanessa said, you're not responsible at all for anyone dying, and we can all see you've been doing your best to help us.

I apologise for bringing up your other activities here on TBT (my post # 3737) without being more clear about why I was doing so ; I did not believe it was relevant to your alignment. I was giving my PoV on the likelihood of you returning to the game vs not returning at all, as the discussion at that point involved whether we should try and end the Day phase early. I'm sorry for causing you unnecessary confusion. And I completely understand and respect your apprehension about trusting me - or anyone - given the circumstances. I know my own motivations and priorities, but of course you cannot. I can see how much you are struggling rn, and I wish I could do more to try and help but I think that will have to wait until after this game is over.

Finally : I realise now I was being presumptuous in hoping you would play in future Mafia games, and I was not even considering your own perspective. That was rude of me and I am deeply sorry for that. There is more, much more, to life than Mafia, and that's okay.

:)
That's okay. Nobody knew that the game was affecting my health. I thought it would be better to hide it since I didn't want anyone to feel bad. But... I thought it was for the best to admit the truth because I really did think that it was better to be honest. That's why I was extremely inactive in the game... So... I really am sorry for the inactivity for this game due to health reasons.

In this game... I felt that I had to push myself to the brink to assist in my own way. I was willing to do whatever it took to try to win for my role. Like I said... Risking everything to win. 'Cause that's the point of the game to me. To win.

So... Thanks for providing an explanation for me, Amanda.

Ryumia you're a trooper, sorry for being hard on you earlier on before TRing you...but I often pursue people who I find sketchy pretty hard. Health is most important and you're doing your best :)

YAHII82.png

Day Six.

The islanders spent the night holed up together in Anne Hall. They exchanged details of Thelxiepeia's tale, trying hard to discern fact from fiction. Before they knew it the sun had arisen.

Everyone survived the night.

Day Six will end Sunday April 8th (NA) at 4pm PDT/7pm EDT and Monday April 9th (EU/AUS) at 12am BST/9am AEST.

Ness you got hit ? The only reason I can see that happening at this point is that Dad is trying to frame me. You took his side and by targeting you he obviously wants everyone to think that I tried to remove you from the game.

Back