• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Buying] Doll based on my character (Moved to Etsy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Feedback
100% (144) +
I haven’t done this before, but I think I’m ready for it.

I would like a 6-inch plush based on my Animal Crossing character Holly. Yes, a real doll, not a drawing of a doll. In case if you want to know the references, here are some pictures of her:

Front View:
IMG_1763.jpeg

Right View:
IMG_1764.jpeg

Back View:
IMG_1765.jpeg

Left View:
IMG_1766.jpeg

Top View:
IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

Here are some important details:
  • In terms of art style, this is in Animal Crossing style.
  • This is a PayPal commission.
  • Because of shipping times and prices, this has to be made by an American user, a resident from one of the 48 US States.
  • I may not believe in setting deadlines, but I would like to receive this doll some time before December 15th. The reason being is that I’ll be out of town over the New Year’s weekend, and I would like to take doll with me.
If you agree to commission this doll, please send me a PM, so I can talk about the private details, like prices and stuff.

Last edited:
when you say doll, are you meaning something like a literal doll akin to a barbie or a monster high doll, or are you thinking a stuffed/plush doll? like this:
il_794xN.4115181898_a4qq.jpg

Plush doll, like what you pictured.
this is probably an obvious answer but have you already tried Etsy? i don't know how many people on this site offer custom plushies like that, they can be time-consuming or expensive, especially if you want clothes and stuff. looking on etsy, there's quite a few sellers in the USA that offer custom animal crossing plushies. only speaking from experience because i've gotten custom plushies before and have always had a good time doing so on etsy.

this is probably an obvious answer but have you already tried Etsy? i don't know how many people on this site offer custom plushies like that, they can be time-consuming or expensive, especially if you want clothes and stuff. looking on etsy, there's quite a few sellers in the USA that offer custom animal crossing plushies. only speaking from experience because i've gotten custom plushies before and have always had a good time doing so on etsy.
I may go ahead and try Etsy. But that may require creating another account. I also don’t know how to request a commission there.

Does it have to be that style of plush or are you open to crochet? It’s likely WAY above my level of crochet but I’m just curious.

Does it have to be that style of plush or are you open to crochet? It’s likely WAY above my level of crochet but I’m just curious.
It’s that style of plush. I’m not into crochet.

About the Etsy thing, I have a few questions:
  1. Am I required to create an account to request a commission?
  2. How do I request a commission?

Good to know, thanks! There’s a site called budsies where you can turn any character into a plush. They even have a specific section for making “you” as a plush. I’m not sure how much those run, but the other Budsies are rather pricey, just fair warning.

1. yes. you have to have an account on etsy to purchase or communicate with sellers.
  2. find a listing and contact the seller.

1. I think you need an etsy account in order to pay. Without payment, you can’t place an order. It only takes a few clicks to create one.

2. You can send messages to the sellers to inquire beforehand, then you place an order like you would on any other website. You add things to your basket and check out, maybe add pictures if prompted to do so and depending on the seller they might contact you with questions or for details after.

The way each seller handles it is very individual so I find it hard to give a generalised answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back