Bug's Art Gallery πŸ’«

Wanted to do another drawing of this OC, I love her lmao πŸ˜›
I decided to do a side view this time cause I don't do those often. I had an interesting time drawing the wings lolll whoops

20200602-235908.jpg

It only took me like three years but I finally got around to giving one of my new OCs some new art on Colors 3D! :D

This is a character I came up with when I was a kid, and I actually drew it for the first time sometime in 2015. I've had a heck of a time coming up with a good name for this species; I have been simply calling it a Bipedal Cat (a dull name I know lmao) but I've heard other name suggestions such as Felisiraptor and Captor (double lol). I don't know. What I do know is that, like the Toucats this species comes in many different colors and patterns, but the one that I consider my OC is pure white with blue eyes and his name is "Comet."
You can check out this character's toyhou.se page here!

On an unrelated note, I'm hoping that this is one of the last drawings I do on Colors 3D; Colors Live is being released on the Switch soon and I plan on buying it as soon as possible. I really hope that the export/drawing quality is better on the Switch than the 3DS.

Anyways, all that mess aside I like how this turned out!

big-catto.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping this so others can see my bootiful art πŸ‘€

I'm working on a new drawing rn but it might be a few days. Or it could be done today! Who knows :p

Okay yall I just tried out a new art program and I present to you... my first drawing on there!

1593666607176.png

Okay I'm sorry it looks like poop. But did you notice? The export quality is great!! The actual quality of the drawing is not butchered in any way! Plus the paint bucket tool exists?!? No way, if Colors 3D taught me anything it's that paint buckets don't exist! Also the square tool just blows me away lmao.

ANYWAYS all I gotta do now is get a good stylus and I'm p much set!! :love:

Okay so this will probably be the last drawing I do with Colors 3D. It's an OC that I've posted here before but I hadn't drawn digitally outside of Flipnote 3D. I was experimenting a little with the white fur on his chest, and I think it turned out alright but mostly I like how the jagged fur (the inside jagged fur, not the line work) turned out cause as I was drawing it it was giving me a hell of a time lol. I also didn't bother shading this one; I'm a bit displeased with my cel shading in Colors 3D so I just didn't bother for this character.

For what it's worth, Colors 3D was a very good app to use. But I'm glad to finally be moving over to using a tablet. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier. I'm happy with the export quality of the new program and there's a ton of brushes and other features thay aren't available in Colors 3D. My stylus is set to arrive tomorrow so sometime in the next week I'll do a test drawing with it and report on it!

Until then, enjoy my Wolfsel! :3

Eb9e6aIVAAE0sn2.jpg

Last edited:
Having seen your art from the start until now you've improved leaps and bounds!

Your use of vibrant colors and subdued ones is amazing~

The rainbow toucan griffins are so beautiful πŸ₯Ί I've never seen that combination before but I love it now!!

Also Laurie is a great use of your color shading using the white of the bacground to make the black pop and add definition. It's fantastic technique! I bookmarked the thread so I'll always be able to find it~

Having seen your art from the start until now you've improved leaps and bounds!

Your use of vibrant colors and subdued ones is amazing~

The rainbow toucan griffins are so beautiful πŸ₯Ί I've never seen that combination before but I love it now!!

Also Laurie is a great use of your color shading using the white of the bacground to make the black pop and add definition. It's fantastic technique! I bookmarked the thread so I'll always be able to find it~
Omg your comments mean so sooooo much to me!! πŸ₯Ί I've been working on my digital art skills for around 9 years now and I definitely see improvement from my 2011-2013 drawings, but idk I kinda felt like I hit a slump and wasn't improving much.

I'm really happy to hear that you like my Toucats!! I've had quite a few people praise them as well (I've even had a person on the Colors Gallery ask if they could draw one lol). I would say that OC is one of my most proud creations :p

I have a ton of drawing ideas for when I get my new stylus and start drawing on my tablet. I'm especially excited about the better export quality and the wide variety of tools available! My uploading consistency is pretty shotty but I'm hoping to have something new done within the next week or so! ~

Last edited:
Omg your comments mean so sooooo much to me!! πŸ₯Ί I've been working on my digital art skills for around 9 years now and I definitely see improvement from my 2011-2013 drawings, but idk I kinda felt like I hit a slump and wasn't improving much.

I'm really happy to hear that you like my Toucats!! I've had quite a few people praise them as well (I've even had a person on the Colors Gallery ask if they could draw one lol). I would say that OC is one of my most proud creations :p

I have a ton of drawing ideas for when I get my new stylus and start drawing on my tablet. I'm especially excited about the better export quality and the wide variety of tools available! My uploading consistently is pretty shotty but I'm hoping to have something new done within the next week or so! ~
TOUCATS!?!

That's absolutely the best name ever ;A;

Toucats need to be in Animal Crossing ASAP. In some Hybrid update~

What software did you end up using if you don't mind me asking? It's kind of impressive drawing on a 3DS even if it's an XL lol.
All of the drawings done here (except for the really poorly drawn cat lol) were drawn in Colors 3D. It was made a bit easier since I have a 3DSXL to draw on, but yeah the screen is so tiny it's actually kinda ridiculous lolll

I'm moving over to my tablet, and I've settled with using Medibang over IbisPaint since the user interface is more accessible and it just feels better to use imo. Plus no overbearing ads or anything.

I love the toucat it reminds me of a griffin but better because it’s a rainbow.
Griffins are my favorite mythical creature so ofc my Toucat is a "sub-species" of griffin! It actually comes in many different colors or patterns but the one I draw the most is the blue & rainbow one. I'm glad you love it, rainbows really do make everything better :love:

What do you call them? Toucats? If so, I really like the rainbow colours! It really shows your love for rainbows, both in Animal Crossing and your art haha. So I scrolled through all of your art and I must say you improved since 2017. The smooth lines and the way you draw animals are so nice. I can sorta relate that I can't draw humans because I'm not used to it and that I draw animals more thanks to Animal Crossing in general. Keep it up! Hopefully the software you're using to draw isn't gonna hold you back. I'll stay tuned for more!

So I've finished two art pieces in the last few days and I'm really excited to show them off now! 😍
These drawings were done in Medibang. I just have a Lenovo tablet and a disc-tip stylus, nothing too fancy. But they work just fine for me and I'm really happy and excited about that. Transitioning from Colors 3D has been smooth as ever and I really like the interface and accessibility of Medibang. I'm planning on sticking with this for quite a while! :D

Here are the two art pieces I've finished. The one which I did for Secret Santa only took about a day or so, but the other one I worked on off-and-on for about 2 weeks. I'm glad that they're finally done so I can move onto all the projects I have ideas for!!
The best part about these new drawings is that they're both gifts for others! I usually just draw for myself but it feels nice to draw for others sometimes! ☺

1595700969690.png
1595908697467.png

edit: guys. look how BEAUTIFUL the new export quality is. I shouldn't have to say this but I am SHOOK.

Last edited:
Meant to upload this when I finished it a little less than a week ago but that's okay. Here it is now! This is a commission I did for Alolan_Apples. I gotta say, this is the first time I've seriously drawn these characters. Obv I've drawn them before but not in an actual commission :p

1598404078163.png

I experimented a lot with this commission. I'm still learning all the different functionality that Medibang offers; one of my favorite things that this app offers (and I know this is something that any basic Photoshop-esque app can do) is the wand tool, which is super useful if i want to single out a particular spot and shade it or do whatever with it. I utilized that a lot in this drawing. I also experimented with the gradient tool, and that's how I created the shading here. Cel shading seems to be a bit harsh in Medibang so for this commission, as well as the next one I finished (just today I finished it), I used this gradient tool to do the shading.

Another thing I'm really pleased with is the ability to create a transparent PNG. I've been wanting to do that with my drawings for so many years, and Colors 3D is unable to export transparent PNGs so I was never able to utilize it before. I took advantage of it with this commission and I really like how it turned out!

Meant to upload this when I finished it a little less than a week ago but that's okay. Here it is now! This is a commission I did for Alolan_Apples. I gotta say, this is the first time I've seriously drawn these characters. Obv I've drawn them before but not in an actual commission :p

1598404078163.png

I experimented a lot with this commission. I'm still learning all the different functionality that Medibang offers; one of my favorite things that this app offers (and I know this is something that any basic Photoshop-esque app can do) is the wand tool, which is super useful if i want to single out a particular spot and shade it or do whatever with it. I utilized that a lot in this drawing. I also experimented with the gradient tool, and that's how I created the shading here. Cel shading seems to be a bit harsh in Medibang so for this commission, as well as the next one I finished (just today I finished it), I used this gradient tool to do the shading.

Another thing I'm really pleased with is the ability to create a transparent PNG. I've been wanting to do that with my drawings for so many years, and Colors 3D is unable to export transparent PNGs so I was never able to utilize it before. I took advantage of it with this commission and I really like how it turned out!
As a person who really likes watching Spongebob (and having lots of merch), this is pretty awesome! It feels nice and rewarding experimenting with what your software offers to maximize the result. I use Krita and a few weeks ago, I recently found out the alpha lock function for individual layers where you could only colour over the layer that's not transparent. Before, I had to use a wand tool that leaves the edges pretty jagged. With alpha lock, the edges pretty much stayed the same and improved my stuff by a minor bit, but still a step forward regardless.

Enough of my story lol. I'm glad that you're generally happy with the software that you're currently using and less limited to what you can do. You have lots of potential!

Did a quick sketch of a Toucat in my art class earlier. I was supposed to be going gestural drawings of trees but I was feeling especially tired so I sketched this really quick to wake up my mind a bit. I actually really like how this turned out, wouldn't mind turning it into a finished drawing sometime.

20200901_104829.jpg

(also if anyone wants to draw this character feel free! I would love to see other people's drawings! just please don't claim it as your own design.)

so FINALLY the fair has ended and I've been able to get back to doing some drawing that I want to do. here is a drawing of a character I created when I was in 5th-6th grade. originally a fakemon but I later turned him into an OC (I mean he is an OC after all).

his name is Flynn and he's... a cat I guess? I think I originally intended him to have a longer body like a ferret but I think he looks more like a cat. his original typing was fire/fighting. his tail is drawn in such a way that it looks like fire.
1600973412403.png

flynn.jpg

Back