• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

bringing back TBT for what it was meant for!

Nedrian

Bells
general information

so, next saturday/sunday, i'm going to get my wii back. my brother is currently borrowing it because i lost interest in all of the games i had, and on saturday or sunday, i'll have it back, as well as animal crossing.

i haven't logged on animal crossing in a good 8 months, so my town is going to be covered in weeds, all of my 50+ hybrids were left outside... so they're all dead by now. everything pretty much that i worked for is gone (mainly my hybrids. everything else was just meh)...

with that said, this weekend i'm restarting animal crossing with a new town. with me coming back, i have 2 friends right now that have agreed to restart with me. even if it only ends up being us 3, we have a lot of ideas to keep animal crossing being fun for us so we don't get bored and quit within a few weeks... which is what usually happens.

with THAT said, eventually, it's going to get old like any other game, but our mission is to make it fun for as long as possible, and to keep our interest as well.

sooooo... i'm proposing/asking/wondering... if anyone else would enjoy doing this with me and my 2 friends (hirosho and vivi), reply here. after making my "maybe i'm back" thread, i realized that no one really plays animal crossing anymore, so maybe this will appeal to more people that i think and do what i hope it will do on a small scale - make this forum lively with talk of animal crossing, and not... everything else but animal crossing, lol.

anyway, what we're planning after 10 minutes of talking about this is... is just a group (but not a stupid group where you have to click here and go there... this "group" won't even have a name. i mean the literal word "group" like the group of people who will be doing this) that will have a few main people that will take advice or ideas from anyone who wants to do anything with this group. you can come once, or all the time. your input will still be welcome, and we'll take what you say to heart just as much as... whoever.

if roger over there wants to have a race through someone's town someone has set up, we can do that. if katrina wants to have a fishing tournament where people compete to catch a certain type of fish in the shortest amount of time (boring, yes)... we can do that. can run around during the summer trying to catch a spider... or whatever those things are. anyway, my point is, i'm very uncreative about this sort of thing. the main goal is to have mini competitions or games just to screw around with, having fun, and not taking the game too seriously. just trying to keep something to do in the game there for those who would want to do this. you get the idea.

i would -prefer- people not time travel in this group except to do certain events, but i don't care too much. it's just... let's say we want to have a competition that takes an entire month, and at the end of the month see whose caught the most fish or bugs... someone who time travels will have an unfair advantage if the seasons changed in the middle of the competition, yes?

but, there are also times where time travelling would be fun, to catch spiders or something. can't do that year round...

there will be a 1,000,000-5,000,000 bell reward for the winners in the competitions to keep people interested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rules

so with that said, i want some general rules.

1. be honest
2. be honest
3. be honest
4. don't be rude

that's pretty much it. anything and everything that wil come up will be smashed out by those rules, so don't need a huge long line of them.

so... what... do... people... think...

/hide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

people in the "group"

people that i have written down they want to join, because i'm 100% sure they want to (and haven't just made comments that they're still playing and stuff, because i'm not sure that's meaning they want to be a part of this...) -

1. Nedrian
2. Tyler (won't be posting on this site, but he will be involved)
3. Hirosho
4. MrCrazyDavis
5. Marcus (offering his town for games)
6. TravisTouchdown (offering all DLC as prizes)
7. Fire_Fist
8. Nevermore
9. ashwee
10.MilchL21
11. AnimalCrossingGurrl
12. sakura
13. Kandis

if i've left someone out that wanted to be added, let me know. i'll continue to update this post as people respond.

games/events list

games that will be played during events (but not specifically on sunday... just making a list of ideas i have gotten, or people have come up with, as well as old favorites people enjoy)... if you have an idea, let me know and i'll add it. we will have a bigger selection as time goes by, trust me, lol.

1. sumo wrestling (trying to push others out of a designated space)

2. fishing tournaments (catching the most fish in a specific timed event that could be anywhere from
5 minutes to a month, catching the most varieties of fish in a specific timed event that could be anywhere from 5 minutes to a month, catching a particular fish first, etc)

3. bug catching tournaments (catching the most bugs in a specific timed event that could be anywhere from 5 minutes to a month, catching the most varieties of bugs in a specific timed event that could be anywhere from 5 minutes to a month, catching a particular bug first, etc)

4. hide and seek (i know you know what this is)

5. memory challenge (burying a variety of different items in a ? x ? grid, and having people battle to complete the challenge by digging up the corresponding items in the fastest time)

6. racing (running through a set path someone has made to get to the finish line first while dodging obstacles)

7. create the best design (everyone is given 1 theme and must create the most liked design - it will be voted upon by people not in the event - good for artsy people)

8. collection challenge (trying to obtain a particular set of items - usually will be done on holidays so everyone can be starting out with 0 of a particular furniture set)

9. money tournament (trying to obtain the most amount of money possible in the designated time period)

10. deal or no deal

11. orchard wars

12. choose the right path

13. treasure hunt

You probally wasted like 10 minutes of your entire life typing that up >.>

Well you already know this, but I'll post it anyway. I'm hopefully going to get my copy of ACCF back this weekend, and I'm going to restart my town then. If everyone does like this, I vote that we don't time travel, that way we might play it longer because we'll have other events to look forward to.

just to be clear, we won't be actually starting to do stuff until next weekend. just wanted to put this idea out there to get ideas for games or anything we could play to build up ideas.

Nedrian said:
just to be clear, we won't be actually starting to do stuff until next weekend. just wanted to put this idea out there to get ideas for games or anything we could play to build up ideas.
Next Saturday is the fishing tourney. We could start there.

Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Nedrian said:
AND KEEP ON TOPIC.
What I said we very well quiet on topic actually.
If you are going to be mean then just stop wasting your time posting hate and go do something else.
I'm not being mean. I'm following the rules...
so with that said, i want some general rules.

1. be honest
2. be honest
3. be honest
4. don't be rude

I was purely honest. And ceratinly wasn't rude.

updating: there will be a 1,000,000-5,000,000 bell reward for the winners in the competitions to keep people interested.

this being said... is hoping people don't hack anymore?

Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
^ FACEPALM.
That was in a nice way. I could of said it meaner if I wanted to.

@Nedrian: No, most AC:CF players hack, or are either ACTD (Animal Crossing Town Destroyers)

Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
^ FACEPALM.
Yes because saying "you just wasted 10 minutes of your life" is very nice. DOUBLE FACEPALM!
1. I did say "probally" in the sentence
2. i'm doing the mature thing and leaving because atleast some TBT members actually have common sence.

Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
^ FACEPALM.
Yes because saying "you just wasted 10 minutes of your life" is very nice. DOUBLE FACEPALM!
2. i'm doing the mature thing and leaving because atleast some TBT members actually have common sence.
1. I'm not arguing anymore because I don't want to get my friend's topic locked.
2. At least I know how to spell sense. xD

Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
1. I'm not arguing anymore because I don't want to get my friend's topic locked.
I can spell. I jsut choose not to.

Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Hirosho said:
Jake. said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
I can spell. I jsut choose not to.
EDIT. I'm done. This fight is useless.

Back