• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Brewster and The Roost Cafe

Bells
So, I have really grown to love Brewster and the cafe.
The setting and especially the mellow music that plays in the cafe makes me happy, but way more sad than I should be...
I havent been on in a bit due to my brother's wife have cervical cancer....
The tumors have spread everywhere and she's only 24 years old...with two children. One, she just had.
She only has two weeks, a month at best... and I dont think Im registering this correctly.
I mean, I've cried, but Im more numb.

I really apologize for getting off track...
About Brewster... I didnt think I would be so attached to him. I go in every day to have coffee and work part time.
Right now, I am inside the cafe just listening to the music. I thought I would make an "appreciation" thread for Brewster. :)

Easily one of my favorite NPCs.
Do any of you have the same feelings I do toward the cafe?

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. If it helps, I've had a loved one go through cancer, so if you need to ramble your feelings, I am open to PMs. Yeah.

I like Brewster too. He kind of reminds me of this Vietnamese grandpa that lives nextdoor. Very quiet, keeps to himself and can be read as rude. Except Mr. Grandpa refused to warm up.

I kind of wish more could happen though more in the cafe. Like not only see villagers sit at the counter but also the tables.

Oh, I'm so sorry about your sister in law.

I love Brewster. I made a cute Brewster kitchen in my Cherish town. I used the Brewster Gyroids. I pretend they're his relatives. Lol.

Thank you so much for letting me know that I could talk to you if I needed.... it means a lot to me:)

When I first started ACNL, I saw a picture of him and thought he looked weird and creepy.
As soon as the cafe was an option in my town, I went ahead and put it up in my town near the town hall.
The first time I went in, I saw Brewster standing at the counter all by himself and I knew that I was going to be spending A LOT of time there with him... he definitely did grow on me. I can say without a doubt that he is on my top 5 favorite characters in ACNL.
I go in EVERY day to have coffee and listen to the amazing music that plays while you're there.
I now have a part time job too and just helping him really makes me happy.
I know that it sounds weird to be SO attached to a character and a game, but like I said before, if I didnt have this game to play I wouldnt be here right now.

Its hard to explain, Animal Crossing has given me so much joy and the very first thing I do after waking up, is check all of my towns (I currently have three...) and talk to all of my villagers to check up on them :D

I mean, is it right that I have such an attachment to a game like this?
Please tell me this is normal, lol.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry about your sister in law, that's really sad :( I can't even imagine. I don't think it's abnormal to have such an attachment to a game when you're going through hard times. It's a safe way of coping and you're never truly alone with this community here. I myself formed an attachment to an online game in high school because my home life was absolutely terrible. The game was an escape, and partly thanks to that game & friends I had on there, im here now - with a very happy life. So play as much and as often as you want if it makes you happy. And know there are people here that will talk to you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops forgot to add - Brewster is the man! XD I should've built the coffee shop closer to my house lol.

Back