• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bought it finally (question).

BonkOnTheHead

Bells
I bought the game this weekend used for $24.99 (USD) on a pre owned sale buy 2 get 1 free at a store. It was complete with the card even. Judging from what everyone says about the game in this section it doesn't seem worth it.

My question to you all is should I return the game and get something else? Or keep it for value? I know it used to sell for 14.99 used, but when the Switch AC game was announced they put the price up.

It depends, is it something you're probably gonna come back to later or are you gonna play it once? If it's the latter, return it. If it's the former, keep it. Also, I know I'm kinda late but I just saw this

At 25, it’s worth it. It’ll probably cost you between 0.75 and 1 $ an hour before your interest wanes.

Hold up did you even play the game to see whether you like it or did you just buy it and decided it wasn't worth it by reading the threads here????

I mean its up to you to do whatever you want.

Personally I think HHD is a great game. It's definitely nowhere near the level of new leaf but I think it's a good game for when you have a few spare minutes. I would at least try designing a few houses before you think about returning it to see if you like the game but it's completely up to you what you do. :)

hey i got it for $29. tbh i think the game is fine and all

@heyimsobored
You're not late at all. You replied the same day

@Boccages
That's what I was feeling honestly. That if I get roughly 25 hours out of it before getting bored then it being $1 an hour isn't a bad trade off.

@Noctis
I bought it because finding USED 3DS games complete with manuals, box, (this one with the amiibo card) etc. are rare. I haven't had time to try it yet, but grabbed it because you never know... someone else might buy it while you wait to decide. I wanted to know people's opinions who have played it past "the honeymoon stage". If it was overpriced based on what the game is since it used to be 14.99 used. I can try it during my honeymoon stage of the game, and have it become boring a week from now. That's why I asked opinions based on price and play time from people who played it extensively if it was worth it.

@Mayor Jack
@DubiousDelphine
Thank you both too.

Thanks to the people who have replied. I am taking many factors into consideration. I will probably end up keeping it because it was complete with the card and have a feeling that a few years from now it will gain value since most people probably wouldn't hold onto the amiibo card with the game.

I would also keep it for now and just play it to see whenever you like the game or not. You can still decide
to a later time if you keep it (since it's complete and all) or sell it.

I wouldn't pay $25 for happy home, especially since new leaf (a more complete game) is actually cheaper.

happy home feels like a phone app game. it's pretty fun at first but it gets boring really quickly.

I played mine for an hour before dropping it and i can't play it for more than 15 or just to see how my mc would look with a certain hairstyle or color.

I'm not you though, so maybe you'll like it more than I did, but I'd recommend you wait it out till the price is 15 or less. Honestly, this game is not worth paying anything higher.

Last edited:
Do you read post dates? You're responding so late that I'm well out of the time span of any possible returns to the store. You're almost 2 months late and bumped a dead topic to increase your tbt. ha

I technically didn't pay 25 either. I said I got it on a buy 2 get 1 free on a pre owned sale at the store. So with 1 of the 3 games being free the Happy Home technically didn't equate to $25 in the sale.

Wait for it to be 15 or less? Show me where on ebay, amazon or anywhere else where you can get it complete for $15. Complete = original case, warning inserts, any manuals a game has, any ad inserts a game has, the amiibo card that was included with the game, and of course the game cart. You're not finding the game complete for 15 bucks.

ACNL isn't a definitive version of Happy Home either.

Enjoy the few tbt currency your post gave you. Don't spend it all in one place.

Do you read post dates? You're responding so late that I'm well out of the time span of any possible returns to the store. You're almost 2 months late and bumped a dead topic to increase your tbt. ha

I technically didn't pay 25 either. I said I got it on a buy 2 get 1 free on a pre owned sale at the store. So with 1 of the 3 games being free the Happy Home technically didn't equate to $25 in the sale.

Wait for it to be 15 or less? Show me where on ebay, amazon or anywhere else where you can get it complete for $15. Complete = original case, warning inserts, any manuals a game has, any ad inserts a game has, the amiibo card that was included with the game, and of course the game cart. You're not finding the game complete for 15 bucks.

Lol, no I usually don't read post dates, I just read the threads and reply to them, since this thread was still on top, I assumed it was still active.

Your defenition of a complete game is obviously different from mine when it come to happy home, so I won't even argue that, but I actually did buy my copy of happy home for 10 dollars on an ebay auction, so it's possible to find it cheaper than 15.

And, not that I'll change your views, but I'm not after tbt lol, I do giveaways of items I got from other sites. If I wanted tbt I'd just sell them for dirt cheap. I also like to comment on the basment area which doesnt offer any tbt.

I'm here mostly because I like animal crossing, despite criticising the game sometimes. I like the community here, too, I enjoy talking about other stuff unrelated to ac, reading diverse thoughts, and I like playing games on the basement area. Maybe a bit of projection on your part there.

Sorry my comment triggered you that badly, jeez.

Last edited:

there's no need to be mean about it, they may not have noticed and it could very well have still been on the front page of the forum sub topic sub forum

Last edited:
I have had ACHHD for a while and I still really like it. It's got beautiful graphics and I love designing on it. I would keep it but you should have a good go at playing it for a while first. You'll unlock more abilities and more of the town as you go.

Last edited:
@hzl

I wasn't being mean. Don't be sensitive. Telling someone they're posting in a thread of mine almost 2 months late when the sale of the game is already final isn't "being mean". Also, I'm on here to make bells not lifetime friends.

@Kuriboh

Your definition of "complete" is inaccurate. Don't say, "That's my opinion. An opinion can't be wrong" either because an opinion is wrong if facts support it being wrong. Going by your "definition" of complete owning the disc or cartridge makes it complete. That is not owning a complete game release. For example go on ebay and search "Donald Duck Goin' Quackers" for N64. Look at copies that are only the cartridge and then copies that come with the original box, manual, warning inserts, etc. There's over $100 difference between the two.

So no, you cannot get Happy Home Designer for $10-15 complete in summer of 2019.

Back