• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Blog #1 - Friday Night Tykes Rant

raeyoung

p fly for a villain guy
Bells
Switch
5304-8149-2418
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Pikachu Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
Rae.
{ A Blog }

"Friday Night Tykes Rant"

| Hello! Today's Blog will be about how I feel about Friday Night Tykes, a show about little kids playing football. Now, this is just my opinion, so please don't take it the wrong way, thank you.

| Friday Night Tykes Rant: Okay, so before we start, let me say that this is my opinion only and I am just putting out my thoughts as I was listening about how my parents were talking about the show and what happened in it. It made me cry a little at the thought of what was happening. So please do not take it to offense if you like the show or partake in the show. I am a kid so some opinions may not be thought as thoroughly as through the mind of an adult or professional critic. So without further ado, let's get on with my rant shall we?

To start off, Friday Night Tykes is sort of like a reality show. It is about litte kids on a football team. Their coaches yell and push them like they are professional NFL players. Usually there are a lot of sweat in tears enclosed in an episode of the show. The kids cry, sweat and sometimes puke or get overdone on exercises or running or even playing. I personally do not watch the show so my information may be a little incorrect.

So, my rant is on an episode in the second season I do believe. It takes place in Texas. There was this kid that was/is overweight or not in shape. The issue I am ranting about centers around running, and overdoing it.

A Sad Running Story: This was in the news...
There was this kid, I believe it was a girl. She was being watched by her parents or by two people, most likely a babysitter or relative. She was given a punishment for a reason unknown, but it must've been pretty bad as the people who were watching her, were forcing her to run without stopping for a long time. They were sitting on the porch watching this poor girl run. Eventually, she ran until she collapsed and died. The people who were watching her got into big trouble.

Let me say it takes a lot of running to kill a child, so the punishment went way overboard in my opinion.

Never, ever do this to your child or even anyone.

| Back to the rant, so the overweight/out of shape boy, well the coaches like I said, yell at these children like they're professionals. Nothing against them of course, it's a free country, and I respect my adults. Perhaps too free, however, in this case.

So this kid missed a few practices because he was sick or something. In result, when he came back, these coaches made the kid run the entire time. Since he was out of shape, he couldn't quite do it. Anyway, he had to run until he was in shape or he won't be able to practice/be on the team, or so I've heard. While he was running, he was also crying and puking and by the sound of it, he really wanted a break. To make matters worse, it is extremely hot in Texas so it is absolutely horrible to do such a thing to a child.

Review Time: Now for my full-out honest opinion. I don't like when children are punished in a horrible way, especially when the outcome won't be good. Heck, the child is still alive, but it was something he'll never forget. But that kind of thing is something you'd want to forget, like any other moment of torture. I have nothing against them, I just see it as a form of child abuse, as the kids never want to do it, they're forced against their will. I am not meaning to say that Friday Night Tykes is a horrible show, it is a good show based on its ratings, popularity, and the fact it is still running. Shows are shows, but abuse is horrible. I may be overthinking it, but I just needed to get this out of my system. Please tell me your thoughts on this matter, and make the world a better place, maybe.

"If you ever yell at my kid like that, he will never play football again." -My Mom (to my dad)
"I wish I never make it into Friday Night Tykes." -My Brother

| Thank you for tuning in! BYE BYE!
PLEASE RATE MY ENTRY
TUNE IN TO MY BLOG!

I thought this was a really well-written blog entry. I am a bit of a Grammar Nazi, but I've stopped correcting people on the internet. However, I do still appreciate when proper spelling and grammar is used, especially when it's used by a fellow teenager, so it was really nice to read a blog entry like this with good grammar and spelling.

I am a kid so some opinions may not be thought as thoroughly as through the mind of an adult or professional critic.

I wanted to address this because, while I agreed with your opinion 100%, I thought it was really nice to see someone admit that they might not be 100% right, and I liked that you stated that it was just your opinion, because so many people seem to think that their opinion is always right, even when it's just an opinion on something small, like a song or a movie. I do think you were right in this case, but it was nice nonetheless. You seem like you're a really mature person for your age (whatever your age is), so props to you! :)

Brooke_the_Phoenix;bt12540 said:
I thought this was a really well-written blog entry. I am a bit of a Grammar Nazi, but I've stopped correcting people on the internet. However, I do still appreciate when proper spelling and grammar is used, especially when it's used by a fellow teenager, so it was really nice to read a blog entry like this with good grammar and spelling.

I wanted to address this because, while I agreed with your opinion 100%, I thought it was really nice to see someone admit that they might not be 100% right, and I liked that you stated that it was just your opinion, because so many people seem to think that their opinion is always right, even when it's just an opinion on something small, like a song or a movie. I do think you were right in this case, but it was nice nonetheless. You seem like you're a really mature person for your age (whatever your age is), so props to you! :)

Thank you! I try to use my best spelling and grammar. Aside from that I just needed to let out my opinion! :D

Back