best way to set up villager houses?

angelmutt

im either crying, drawing, or playing acnh
Bells
Island
Cryptid
for now i have the lined up against a cliff (it bothers me if theyre facing one way against open air..i wish we could rotate them)

how should I go about decorating the living area? theres only a bit of room to work with btw

Depends on your island plans, really. If you’re talking early game pre-terraforming, then I found it best in my experience to clump them in one corner of the map altogether first so that when you unlock the island designer and it’s time to terraform, they don’t get in the way of where you’re terraforming. This could also save you bells in that you’ll only need to transfer them once to their final housing plots once you’re done terraforming their final areas. If you don’t plan on terraforming a lot and will mostly maintain your initial map save for a few edits here and there then it’s okay to place them anywhere you want.

Really depends on how you want the rest of the island to flow. I personally like pockets of neighborhoods and I try to position the houses to that they are about 1 or 2 (at most) tile spaces from the back of whatever wall they are in front of. I try not to block the view of the front of the house so I keep them on at least the 2nd floor while my main town are is either on the 1st floor or far away where there will not be any viewing issues.

It depends on your preference. I used to arrange the houses pretty close to each other like a neighborhood in past games, but right now, I like to spread them out a little bit so I could make an "area" for them like Audie has a beach side bar near her house. Merengue having a big cafe area not far from her, Julian having an outdoor painting and drawing area and Lily having this little bamboo picnic area beside her home. Something like that.

It depends on your preference. I used to arrange the houses pretty close to each other like a neighborhood in past games, but right now, I like to spread them out a little bit so I could make an "area" for them like Audie has a beach side bar near her house. Merengue having a big cafe area not far from her, Julian having an outdoor painting and drawing area and Lily having this little bamboo picnic area beside her home. Something like that.
i like this idea, i might do something like it

Depends on goal and how you want your island to be, I'm thinking of having a small neighborhood and the villagers get their own yards with fencing.

Depends on goal and how you want your island to be, I'm thinking of having a small neighborhood and the villagers get their own yards with fencing.
i wanna do something like that, but right now, theyre just three holes apart (i dug them to even space the houses) with tulips planted inbetween

This is what I'm doing! I want to make the villagers actually involved in the island, as they're a big part of it. I have Fang living by the airport, as he's an old wolf and he basically guards the entrance and keeps an eye on who comes in and all that, Beau runs a campsite in the woods, Julian and Ruby run an observatory (I have their houses stacked in a mini cliff with telescopes and cushions up top)... it's so much fun coming up with ideas for each villager :3

This is what I'm doing! I want to make the villagers actually involved in the island, as they're a big part of it. I have Fang living by the airport, as he's an old wolf and he basically guards the entrance and keeps an eye on who comes in and all that, Beau runs a campsite in the woods, Julian and Ruby run an observatory (I have their houses stacked in a mini cliff with telescopes and cushions up top)... it's so much fun coming up with ideas for each villager :3
i have only 20k igb though...alot of these projects are way more expensive

i have only 20k igb though...alot of these projects are way more expensive
Oh yes the bells do rack up, I moved everyone to the beach and I'm slowly moving them to their finished plots, it really makes a dent on your bell count lol

I've got my house in the middle, three houses on the left, three on the right. Mine is up on a cliff, the villagers on the base level, and each home separated by 3 spaces. My other 4 houses are the "children" of the island, and are also lined up. I'm not huge on giving my villagers outdoor spaces.

Oh yes the bells do rack up, I moved everyone to the beach and I'm slowly moving them to their finished plots, it really makes a dent on your bell count lol
yeah..i havent unlocked terraforming either, so

btw whats the bunnys name in your village?

I somehow completely failed to realize that you can put villagers on the beach, and instead had mine very CLOSE to the beach, all crowded around the airport entrance while I try to figure out how I want the general design of my island to be. Oh dear. lol

Make sure to preplan out your island before moving stuff! Here is a good resource.

Back