• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Balloon furniture?

The_Storyteller

Bells
Hi all!

So I really don't like he ballon furniture, except for the dog lamp. I think it's pretty horrible, although it can look cute in novelty rooms if there are just a few pieces. But I really like popping the balloons! They're so adorable floating in the sky, and the idea of presents just dropping from above is everything that I love about Animal Crossing.

But yesterday and today, when I popped the balloons, non-balloon series furniture came out. This has never happened to me before! At first I thought maybe it was a glitch but it happened twice in a row. And when I popped a second balloon this morning, it did have a balloon furniture item in it.

Is this something new from the update or is my game just tripping out? Has this happened to anyone else?

It changed with the update. You can get other furniture from the balloons if you have already collected all of the balloon series pieces. You can also still get more balloon pieces. It is random whether you get a balloon series piece or a different type of furniture. I really like that they switched it. It makes me want to pop the balloons again.

You can get some wekcome amiibo exclusive items too! A few days ago I popped one that had a pizza oven exclusive to Ketchup's RV :)

I agree it's all ugly except the dog lamp. I do have the full series in my house in my new town along with the pirate theme as they are free(ok the pirate pieces cost a scallop each) and easy to get. I will be replacing them in time.
I also got a welcome amiibo item or two. I only kept 1 i think it was a flower wreath. Can't remember the other one. I'm glad they added this cause it's nice to get stuff besides balloon furniture even if it is free money. I'm hoping the gold slingshot with come by soon.

Huh. Good to know those balloons are finally useful. I hate the balloon series, so I usually avoided popping them.

That's so exciting that you can now get other items from balloons! I'm so glad they changed that. Maybe now I can finally get the balloon popping medals.

Woah really? I don't pop the balloons anymore since I didn't like the set either but now its actually useful to me! Why haven't I heard of this until now :)

Back