"bad" town maps?

my town has rocks directly in front of the train station and my town hall, i considered resetting for a while but i just work around it

I don't like when all of the main buildings are spread all over the town. It is easier for me to make my landscaping make sense if the buildings are in groups.Plus, I find towns feel more spacious if the buildings are near each other.
Same here. For me, the plaza, town hall, train station, and Re-Tail have to be relatively close together. It bothers me especially when the town hall and plaza are on opposite ends of town, it just doesn't make sense. And when the plaza is right next to the inland cliffs, it feels really claustrophobic...

I understand that there are a lot of features that make it easier to work with certain maps, but honestly I don't think there is such a thing as a bad map. Sure there are a lot of things that may be inconveniences, sure it would be nice to have the important buildings clustered together, but I think you can work around anything and still make it look pretty. I think it would only help players be creative in finding solutions to the annoyances. I would be far more impressed to see a beautiful town that has a million rocks and ponds, and with buildings all over the place, than to see every map be similar with circle grass, apples, centralized plaza, Re:Tail near the train station, etc.

Back