• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Background noise for a good sleep

Mokuren

Bells
Switch
1228-4657-4697
Island
I am the only one who sleeps better with for example the sound of rain? What do you listen to?

I can't sleep without any background noises anymore 🥱

I usually need a calm voice talking about something interesting! I also listen to situational ASMR vids (i really like clicky and tappy noises alongside a soothing narrator) but without earbuds in so there's no tingles.

I play YouTube on my Roku and tv. Sometimes it influences what I see in my dreams but it is never anything extremely alarming. The few times that a review of a horror or slasher movie was being discussed, I did see the killer but the killer just left me alone and ignored me.

I like noises from fans, rain, wind, frogs, and crickets.
I dont play anything to sleep. Maybe I would if I was by myself.

I can fall asleep with any type of tv show on but the sound has to be very low or I'll want to watch it or get distracted and end up stayign awake. However the one thing that is an absolute must is a fan, I need a fan on to sleep so it could be very cold outside and in the house and I still need a fan going. I haven't thought of using just a youtube video of a fan going but I don't think it would have the same effect. I don't like when a room feels like there is stale air.

i used to listen to ASMR while sleeping, now my boyfriend keeps ALL of his fans (AND HIS PC) on overnight so its loud in our room, 24/7.

I sleep with the fan on, but if it's too cold to have the fan on, I have a white noise machine! It has a bunch of noise settings, but I don't like the rain setting at all (rain IRL is nice of course). 😴💤

i’ve never been able to sleep without some sort of background noise. these days, i fall asleep listening to the sound of my fan and whatever show i’ve put on (usually a show from my childhood, for nostalgia and so i don’t have to pay much attention to it), but i can fall asleep fine with just my fan going.

the sound of my fan is a must, any other background noise is optional.

I have a playlist of music I fall asleep to when I feel like it, but most nights that I want noise, it'll be rain sounds or fire crackling. Although I mainly use ASMR for my anxiety, I will sometimes listen to it with headphones to get sleepy (and take them out before I fall asleep, lol).

I don’t usually listen to noise or music in order to fall asleep. However, that’s how I put my nephew to sleep. There’s this youtube station that I like. It’s called Coco’s Lullaby, and I like their selection of lullabies. Sometimes it makes me drowsy while I wait for my nephew to settle down.

I can NOT sleep without noise. I sleep with a fan AND a brown noise machine lol. I’ve always had trouble sleeping but that’s something that helps.

I noticed I've been sleeping with the sound of the air conditioner that's coincidentally right outside the window behind my bed. I realized this because sometimes I feel uncomfortable when I notice it turn off.

Rain, snowstorm, thunderstorm.... I would like to find the sound of the harbor where my grandma lived, I was often falling asleep with the sound of the foghorn and machines unloading containers.

Not sound, but I usually fall asleep with the lights on :ROFLMAO: It's only because I get too lazy to put myself to sleep and need a closer lamp on a nightstand or a remote, or something in an app on my phone or a timer or something. Usually I'm working in bed until I just pass out.

For work I sometimes have to advise about 'zen bells' or 'fractal tones' which are random musical tones. They seem pretty relaxing sounding, but I think it's easier for a little of people to just find white/pink/brown noise or beach/rain sounds.

My strange, unnatural amalgamation of sleep ambiance is quite weird. On my phone, I have an app where you can mix and match different things, and I have birds chirping, rain falling, crackling fire, and train moving.

That last one is particularly perplexing to me, because I find it difficult to sleep in any vehicle, so there's no reason why a train sound should help me to fall asleep, but the idea of being in transit while asleep is strangely calming.

i need something playing in the background to sleep unless i'm really tired and in that case i'll usually fall asleep right when my head hits the pillow 😴 i like playing episodes of shows i'm rewatching, asmr videos, or a video game playthrough/stream

Two loud af box fans.

I listen to downloaded YouTube videos on nights I have a hrd time sleeping. I have a hard time sleeping on nights that rain especially. I like listening to electronic or house music to help me fall asleep. They seem like strange choices but I find them relaxing.

Back