• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Back to AC after a long break :-)

GetSchwifty

Devilish Hamster
Bells
Switch
4186-4304-9324
Hey there!
I'm a 32-years old teacher living in Germany.

My first introduction to AC has been New Leaf (a game I held dear for a few months but lost interest in because it didn't feel like I did any progress). Then I gave New Horizons a chance (during the pandemic) and instantly fell in love. I know that this style of AC game isn't for everyone but I love the amount of influence I have over my own private island. It also helped a lot with social-distancing at the time. I suffer from IBS (a chronic fight against my intestines) and the atmosphere in AC is exactly the relaxing easy-going ritual I need in my life every day.
Fast-forward 1 year and it felt like I had seen everything in New Horizons and quit with a playtime of roughly 200 hours (no time-skip, I don't like the idea of spoiling myself the natural progressing ... but to each their own of course ;-)).

I'm having a very bad flare-up of my IBS currently (for over 2 months now) and recently - aside from doing a lot of meditation, breathing practice a.s.o. - I had the idea of giving AC another go (tried to get into it 1-2 times over the last 2 years but none of my friends are playing anymore so yeah, it felt boring and the idea of just re-designing for the fun of it wasn't all there). To really get into the spirit I deleted my whole island - a radical step I didn't think twice about because what's better? A "finished" game I wouldn't play or a game I can take my time in once again?! I'm a week in so far. It feels much smoother thanks to all they updated over the first year and I'll certainly buy the expansion as well very soon.

Now all I'm missing is a certain "sense of community" (I bet you all know what I mean).

So I humbly ask thee to accept me in thy ranks 🙃

Hey there!
I'm a 32-years old teacher living in Germany.

My first introduction to AC has been New Leaf (a game I held dear for a few months but lost interest in because it didn't feel like I did any progress). Then I gave New Horizons a chance (during the pandemic) and instantly fell in love. I know that this style of AC game isn't for everyone but I love the amount of influence I have over my own private island. It also helped a lot with social-distancing at the time. I suffer from IBS (a chronic fight against my intestines) and the atmosphere in AC is exactly the relaxing easy-going ritual I need in my life every day.
Fast-forward 1 year and it felt like I had seen everything in New Horizons and quit with a playtime of roughly 200 hours (no time-skip, I don't like the idea of spoiling myself the natural progressing ... but to each their own of course ;-)).

I'm having a very bad flare-up of my IBS currently (for over 2 months now) and recently - aside from doing a lot of meditation, breathing practice a.s.o. - I had the idea of giving AC another go (tried to get into it 1-2 times over the last 2 years but none of my friends are playing anymore so yeah, it felt boring and the idea of just re-designing for the fun of it wasn't all there). To really get into the spirit I deleted my whole island - a radical step I didn't think twice about because what's better? A "finished" game I wouldn't play or a game I can take my time in once again?! I'm a week in so far. It feels much smoother thanks to all they updated over the first year and I'll certainly buy the expansion as well very soon.

Now all I'm missing is a certain "sense of community" (I bet you all know what I mean).

So I humbly ask thee to accept me in thy ranks 🙃
Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here. Are you going for a certain theme on your island this time? Any villagers you are hoping to get? I’m in my 30s as well and play almost everyday. Would love to be friends! My friend code is in my profile. If you need any IG items or bells/materials please feel free to ask!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here. Are you going for a certain theme on your island this time? Any villagers you are hoping to get? I’m in my 30s as well and play almost everyday. Would love to be friends! My friend code is in my profile. If you need any IG items or bells/materials please feel free to ask!
Hey there :) That's really nice of you.
No, I'm just building as I come along items. And yes, I would like to add you as a friend

I have sent you a request.
:)

Welcome to the forums! 🌟

Sorry to hear about your IBS troubles! The 2.0 update was really nice for adding a lot of new items to the game! The DLC is also nice for a change of pace from the game, and I think it was a great addition. I hope you can enjoy getting back into the game! 😊

Welcome to the forums! 🌟

Sorry to hear about your IBS troubles! The 2.0 update was really nice for adding a lot of new items to the game! The DLC is also nice for a change of pace from the game, and I think it was a great addition. I hope you can enjoy getting back into the game! 😊

Thank you :)

Yes, I'm so happy that the game feels fresh again - I really missed that feeling of short AC-breaks during the day to see what's new. I don't usually like these sort of FOMO-games where stuff rotates but most of them are f2p games that try to get your money ... AC NH never feels like it pressures you to start up the game but it always feels rewarding doing so.

Back