• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Autosave & anyone want to exchange codes?

Aja Blu

Bells
You do not have to worry about Resetti in New Horizons (which is quite the shame). Instead, the game will automatically autosave while you’re still playing. You cannot turn this feature on and off, and this is. . making some not want to even get the game. I agree, in a way, that you couldn’t really fully enjoy the game. It’s not like the traditional AC, but maybe it’ll grow on us. Let’s say, if your hand slips the controller and something you didn’t want to happen happens, what would you do? Maybe it’ll be autosave very certain amount of time? Who knows?
-
If I can post my Switch friend code here, I will! Anyone want to play? I’m thinking of what I’ll name my villager! ^u^ :D

Last edited:
No game autosaves every single second. The game couldn't function like that. Even online only games, like PC don't autosave every second. I've lost a fair bit of progress because the game doesn't save everything you do.

I'm curious to know what kind of markers the autosaving will occur. For example, let's say you go about your day planting flowers, watering them, etc. and you accidentally trample them. I don't think this would trigger an auto save so you could reset to get them back. However, if you give a villager a gift and they randomly change into an ugly shirt... I have a feeling that this kind of thing is when auto saves will trigger, which might make it hard to reset in that situation if you didn't want them in that particular shirt. But who knows, maybe random occurrences like villagers swapping clothes and furniture wont happen in this game. I'm fine with autosaves if the amount of things that are "out of our control" (basically random things left to RNG) are reduced, like how they said they fixed/changed villager move-in mechanics. If things like plot resetting isn't necessary anymore, auto saves wouldn't feel like such a big deal to me. Either way, I'm sure it will grow on us like you said, or at least we'll get used to it and figure out how to adapt to its saving patterns lol!

I agree to both of you! Maybe it’ll have something like the train, bus or boat icons you could see in other games up in the corner. I think stuff like donating to the museum (of course, presuming this’ll be in the game) would autosave.

I hope autosave can be switched off.
I like being able to correct any mistakes I may make.

Last edited:
If auto-saves are done via breath of the wild then i think we'll be fine...but i'm worried regardless

If auto-saves are done via breath of the wild then i think we'll be fine...but i'm worried regardless

It would suck if you accidently wiped out a rare flower or sold something you didn't mean to sell.

So many little things that do go wrong that we've always been able to just reset.

I don't know how autosave works in BOTW?

I'd really like to save the old way.

It would suck if you accidently wiped out a rare flower or sold something you didn't mean to sell.

So many little things that do go wrong that we've always been able to just reset.

I don't know how autosave works in BOTW?

I'd really like to save the old way.

by default looking at my save files, you have one Manuel save and up to 5 autosaves (from the WiiU version, dont know if the switch is different)

by default looking at my save files, you have one Manuel save and up to 5 autosaves (from the WiiU version, dont know if the switch is different)

So you could load the manual save, that overrides auto?

I hope we can still do a manual save.
That would put my worries to rest. :)

I suspect it will work similarly to Breath of the Wild, but without a rolling list of saves. It will either trigger on particular events like entering/exiting a building, or it will happen on a large variety of triggers like in Breath of the Wild, which would include any time an item is removed from inventory (placed, sold, etc), any time money is exchanged, and so on. I suspect it will work mostly like this, as you'd have to do it this way to prevent loss of progress if no manual save option is present.

So you could load the manual save, that overrides auto?

I hope we can still do a manual save.
That would put my worries to rest. :)

Pretty much! of course anywhere you go, it auto saves when you enter areas, kill enemies or when you find an object or shrine, but will never overwrite the manual one.

Same here, that's why I'm hoping that it'll work in the way that i hope it does...

I remember reading the developers said with autosave, Resetti is no longer needed.

That's what's got me thinking they've done away with manual saving. :(

I remember reading the developers said with autosave, Resetti is no longer needed.

That's what's got me thinking they've done away with manual saving. :(

I Highly doubt it, manual saving is slandered, even for switch games

I?ll miss Resetti, but I don?t think the game can autosave all the time. Imagine if you had to go somewhere and you had to wait until it auto saves. I think you?ll be able to manually save, weather if it?s save and continue or save and quit (or both)

Last edited:
I mean, a game can autosave all the time, like Souls/Bloodborne games. They save when you interact with something, open a menu, something happens, or when you quit. It's very hard to lose progress in those games even when you wish you could!

Last edited:
I don't mind the autosave feature but I would prefer it to be in the Breath of the Wild way where it appears in a row.

Also OP, you can add your switch codes on your sidebar by going into your settings and manually inserting it. Minds on my sidebar if you want to add me, same applies to anyone else.

Okay, and I do have the membership to play online :) I just have to get on my Switch and see my code xD

Autosave kinda saves whenever you move to a different room, or pick something up. It's pretty constant, and unfortunately even if there is manual saving, autosave has already saved everything before that, including any mistakes we may have made.

We might just have to tolerate it, as I don't think we can undo our mistakes by a simple reset anymore, sadly.

AC is relaxing, but I'll be walking on egg shells making sure I don't take out any hybrid flowers, or make any other mistakes.

It takes away from the relaxation a bit.
I wish it wasn't a feature, but it is, so I'll try and get used to it. :)

Back