• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask The Staff: Non site-related questions!

pls can oblivia change jeremys picture back to the rainbow dog it made me v happy

This is my first time in this thread I think. It's nice to see one where we can get to know you guys better as people, not just mods!

Any Christmas food you guys are looking forward to?

This may have been asked before BUT

So I've seen Justin, Tina, Jennifer and I think one other staff member. If you're a staff member, are you not allowed to go by a weird made up name? Like you have to use your actual name, or a name that's real?

Oops, nvm, I saw a link to a list of staff members and like 2 or 3 of them have 'made up names'.

Last edited:
This may have been asked before BUT

So I've seen Justin, Tina, Jennifer and I think one other staff member. If you're a staff member, are you not allowed to go by a weird made up name? Like you have to use your actual name, or a name that's real?

Oops, nvm, I saw a link to a list of staff members and like 2 or 3 of them have 'made up names'.

this is actually my real name

ok, this is actually site related, but something I want to ask the staff about (and don't feel it warrants its own thread)

what is with this site being a magnet for film piracy bots?

ok, this is actually site related, but something I want to ask the staff about (and don't feel it warrants its own thread)

what is with this site being a magnet for film piracy bots?

I definitely can see why you would ask that, I know I have reported a nice hand full of their threads since I have come back from my hiatus... lol Does TBT use Captcha or something along of those lines during the registration process these days? If it is not part of the registration process, I definitely think it should be added to prevent bots from joining the site.

I have a question sbout staff retirement.

When a staff member steps down, why do they become rarely active, like less active than before they got promoted? For instance, as soon as Jake stepped down as moderator, he has left this site, yet I seen him a lot before he was a moderator.

Last edited:
I mean being more focused on real life stuff (or just stuff outside of tbt) could be a major factor for stepping down, that would of course also contribute to less activity overall

not saying that (always) is the reason. just that if I was to blind guess, that'd be the first major one

When a staff member steps down, why do they become rarely active, like less active than before they got promoted? For instance, as soon as Jake stepped down as moderator, he has left this site, yet I seen him a lot before he was a moderator.

Retired staff members go to a farm upstate that has bad internet connection.

I came from another similar forum site where mods/admins/developers ect were somewhat active and posted in threads created by other members, so when I came to BellTree I was surprised that I didn't see mods and/or admins post in threads. I still don't see it. I may have seen Justin, MAYBE Tina, post stuff that wasn't doing their job but that might be it.

Personally I stepped down because I was too busy to actively perform my role, so I felt it was better to vacate it.

can admins/mods sell collectibles?

It's generally agreed upon that we don't sell off or giveaway event collectibles we obtained through being staff because it's unfair for (a) us to make a profit off of it; or (b) to show favouritism to specific users.

Things we bought ourselves and/or are common are fine though. e.g. I doubt anyone would get upset if I were to giveaway the 20-odd mittens and yellow candies in my inventory.

Back