• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you more of a Marvel or DC fan?

Well?

• Total voters
I’ve grew up with Marvel and DC, but I always preferred Marvel overall because I always seen their movies more. Though I do enjoy watching DC movies occasionally when I’m in the mood for it.

for sure marvel - although i'm arguably a weak argument here because i was never into the comics as a kid (nothing against them, i was just never really exposed to them) but then a few years ago i watched all of the mcu films and so very much have a closer attachment to marvel now

Oh, definitely Marvel! I grew up reading Marvel comic books (and used to collect random Spiderman comics when I was younger).

Not really a superhero fanatic but I still have a childhood history with both. I am a fan of some comics/shows/movies from both but generally speaking I am more of a DC fan. I grew up with a Batman obsessed brother and it catched on, I like the layers to the character- he is not portrayed as a hero but rather something more complicated; a broken man who is destroying the city trying to stop the villains who, at the end of the day, are often plotting to get to him. It's morally complicated not to mention just really darn cool. Reeves as superman was awesome too, not to mention nostalgic. I think that both the current DC and Marvel shows and movies are equally bad atm, but that is just a matter of opinion. Lots of my friends love them.

Neither I love Disney! I guess you could say ‘well marvel is Disney now’ NO marvel will NEVER be Disney okay! Grrrrr lol someone’s passionate today huh!!

i dont really read the comics per se so i dont know much about them, ive only watched some of the movies and i tend to like marvel more!

I wasn't too big on superhero comics when growing up but once the movies started to come out, I did prefer Marvel's more colourful, funny feel over the more darker themed DC universe. Besides the Dark Night movies, all my favourite superhero movies came from Marvel over the years.

(And no one can top spiderman though 👀)

I never was particularly attached to Marvel, outside of a couple comics ( ie. Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Xmen, Deadpool ). I never got caught up with the marvel movies nor am I reaaally interested in wanting to do so. I love DC a lot more, especially Superman 'n Batman.

I haven't given the new stuff much of a chance. Since Watchmen was successful, I feel both companies are trying to imitate parts of that without understanding all the layers to that onion.

I really like Marvel, I do like a few characters from DC like Poison Ivy and Supergirl, but Marvel has sort of just stuck with me. The movies are better than DC in my opinion and I just grew up around Marvel. My dad is a huge Captain America fan and has a shrine for him above our fireplace. I've watched pretty much every single movie from Marvel and the lore also really interests me.

I’m a fan of both in general, but I voted DC. For the simple fact spiderman and the x men are the only franchises from marvel I care about, and not much else. I get more out of the DC heroes, and their animated films/series’ blow Marvel’s animations out of the water.

Back