• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you ever worried about getting hacked?

Well, I used to be the hacker, regretfully so (I stole so many Habbo Hotel accounts by simply doing investigation work). But sometimes, I do worry.

Yes, things like doxxing and hacking do scare me, and while doxxing is a bit of a hard work around, two step verification helps a lot. Of course, it can be a little annoying to have to get a text everytime you log into steam or a game like ffxiv, but hey, if it helps me sleep at night.

I also cover my webcam, and when spending money online I will only ever pay using paypal.

Once you look after yourself, you at least mitigate the risk!

not hacked directly but yeah somehow you wonder how people get your email when you hardly used it in suspicious places wtf and mass spam you...

I've never worried about it, but if it happens then I guess I'll have to deal with it.

I'm a hacker and I can hack your TBT account using inspect elements :lemon:

I've gotten hacked years ago on AIM. They tried to have a conversation with my boyfriend and he immediately recognized it wasn't me. I don't even remember what happened after that. It was too long ago. I probably changed my username at least.

I've been hacked once, it was on gaiaonline, and I had a bunch of really valuable things, luckily enough I caught it when it happened by random chance, I hadn't gone on in a really long time and decided out of the blue to log on, well my account was locked out and I contacted a mod on the site and got it back, because the person who took it changed the e-mail associated with it. They hadn't even sold anything off my account or anything yet so I'm glad it worked out, cause like I said I had a bunch of old/valuable/rare items.

I'm not super concerned about being hacked as I don't really have anything worth hacking for? I don't know, I mean sure I don't give out info or passwords or anything, but if I get hacked I get hacked, there's nothing really you can do about it once you get targeted.

I haven?t really thought about getting hacked too much. The thought of it is scary, but I haven?t really thought too much about it. I have always wondered why someone would want to hack me in particular?

No. My best friend knows about hacking, so he can hack those people back.

Back