Are Amiibo cards NEEDED to play the game?

But are the cards random? Because then wouldn't you be better off just letting the game be random for you?

Unless that factor has also changed, its going to be random cards packaged from 100 different ones

Needing is when you actually have to have something in order to play a game. Plus it's like DLCs, you can't expect just because you brought the game to be able to have everything.

taking into account that the cards are to pull in animals that wouldn't exist in the game otherwise, yes it is needed if you want the full game. And it is not like DLC's!!! DLC's, at least normally, are something that is put into the game AFTER the freaking game actually comes out! But no, in order to get the FULL GAME Experience, we're going to have to start buying the cards, and for those w/o the N3DS, and the doodad from day one!

If i wanted to start spending money on buying a game then having to put in more money to get the full thing, i'd just buy a more powerful Micro SD card and use my tablet for my gaming needs.

I think they would have like 1 or 2 built in characters, maybe yourself and one other person. But I would buy Amibo cards anyway as they would probably be really cheap. I can't imagine the NFC card reader to be any more then $10 (if your American).

umm yea good luck with that the NFC adapter costs 2,500 yen in Japan which is ~$20USD

I think they would have like 1 or 2 built in characters, maybe yourself and one other person. But I would buy Amibo cards anyway as they would probably be really cheap. I can't imagine the NFC card reader to be any more then $10 (if your American).

The nfc reader is looking to be 50ish bucks using a transfer from yen to dollars

The nfc reader is looking to be 50ish bucks using a transfer from yen to dollars

umm no that's the bundle of the game + NFC. the NFC alone is 2,500 yen, which is ~$20USD

why the **** would a NFC adapter be more expensive than a full price 3DS game LOLOL

umm no that's the bundle of the game + NFC. the NFC alone is 2,500 yen, which is ~$20USD

why the **** would a NFC adapter be more expensive than a full price 3DS game LOLOL

Ohhhhh thank god, and why not, they make money=happy and it can be used with a lot of games to meh XD I so missred that article then, thanks Jake

Unless that factor has also changed, its going to be random cards packaged from 100 different ones

taking into account that the cards are to pull in animals that wouldn't exist in the game otherwise, yes it is needed if you want the full game. And it is not like DLC's!!! DLC's, at least normally, are something that is put into the game AFTER the freaking game actually comes out! But no, in order to get the FULL GAME Experience, we're going to have to start buying the cards, and for those w/o the N3DS, and the doodad from day one!

If i wanted to start spending money on buying a game then having to put in more money to get the full thing, i'd just buy a more powerful Micro SD card and use my tablet for my gaming needs.

Actually, the cards are for characters that can be in the game but it would be random, so you might be picked by a random characters but the cards pick the character in a way.
And if your gonna complain don't buy the game.

watch treehouse you don't need amiibos

from what I understand, the cards let you put your fav villager straight into the game, as well as possibly amiibo exclusive villagers (such as npc's??). Otherwise you just get villagers randomly

Yeah I really wouldn't mind random villagers, it's like that little thrill of "I wonder who I'll get today!", kinda like when working in Crane's Roost, you know? And yeah, knowing Nintendo, they'll take advantage of the fact that we're becoming obsessed with these Amiibos (I personally don't much, unless I get one with Link one day), so yeah for it to be as low as $10 for a card reader seems too good to be true. Bottom line, if it's really the case of just getting random villagers, I really wouldn't mind that <3

i hope they also make actual figure amiibos (like smash) because i would love to collect my dreamies!

Back