• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone take the June ACT? I got my score today!

deleted

Bells
Orange (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
In February, I sat in a school counselor’s office and registered for the April ACT. In March, I went into spring break without knowing that I would never come back. I switched to online school, temporarily at first but then for the rest of the year, and found out that the April ACT was cancelled due to COVID-19. So I rescheduled it for June.

After all that, I finally got to take my first ACT. Today I got to see my score: 32.

That‘s all. I just wanted to tell someone. I’m really happy about it, but I don’t want to brag.

Did you take the ACT in June or another time recently? How’d you do?

Wow, congrats! A 32, or really anything 30 and above, is amazing! I took it two years ago and got a 27, which definitely wasn't bad but nowhere near as great as your score. English is still my weak point, unfortunately.

Congrats! I got a 32 on mine when I took it too, but that was 10 years ago.

Did you do the writing portion? We had to do it when I took it, but my mind blanked and I did just about everything you weren't supposed to do. I had to rewrite a decent chunk of it and finished at literally the last second. It wasn't great.

I took the test in June 2016 (on my bday I might add) and I had some complications and ended up getting a score of like 23. Took it again a few months later and got a 25, and I was happy w that score so I kept it. I think I did best on the writing portion which ironically was the optional portion lol.

It's amazing that some people can get such high scores, but in the end it's really just a standardized test. Everyone tells me I'm super smart yet I only got a 25. I don't have a standardized mind and I'm sure that many can relate.

Congrats! I got a 32 on mine when I took it too, but that was 10 years ago.

Did you do the writing portion? We had to do it when I took it, but my mind blanked and I did just about everything you weren't supposed to do. I had to rewrite a decent chunk of it and finished at literally the last second. It wasn't great.

I did not take the writing test. The colleges I’m looking at don’t require it or even consider it.

How exactly is that sort of stuff working given that covid kind of messed up entire school years and such

I did so poorly on math and science. I was only in Pre-advanced algebra and failing at that. I’m pretty sure I guessed on all of them. I don’t remember the science portion, but it was probably chemistry and physics stuff, which I also sucked at. My highest score was a 27 in English, which I thought would be even higher because I always got all of the practice ACTs correct. I’m really good with grammar and sentence structure. We didn’t do the writing portion, but that probably would’ve brought my score down. I’m so bad at essays. I don’t think I’ve ever written an essay that year without crying. I wonder if I would’ve done better on the SAT.

I did not take the writing test. The colleges I’m looking at don’t require it or even consider it.
Ah, we were required to take the ACT including the writing portion, so I didn't have much of a choice. I don't think any of the colleges I looked at actually cared about it either though.

Good job! I can't remember my score, I graduated in 2012. It was mid 20s for sure but I know it wasn't as good as it should have been considering I was Valedictorian, lol. I'm a horrible test taker sometimes. 🥺

How exactly is that sort of stuff working given that covid kind of messed up entire school years and such

I did online school from the middle of March to the end of the year.

A bit before my test date in June I received an email from the ACT people saying that I would have my temperature taken and health questions would be asked before I could enter. That did not happen, probably because my yeehaw state is acting like COVID isn’t still around (but it definitely is).

I was the only person in my test room wearing a mask. I got a lot of weird looks for wearing one, which were completely uncalled for. At least the desks were 6 feet apart.

Congrats! Tbh I had to look up the ACT score range since I took the SAT when I was in high school, but that's awesome!! Good luck in your college application process.

Back