Anyone still play AC for GameCube? ^_^

NewLeafTori

Vintage
Bells
Switch
8349-5653-5107
Mailbox
Hi! I just got a copy of the GameCube Animal Crossing - Population Growing. And I wanted to know if anyone still plays or has fond memories, maybe even a few tips to share? I played previously around 2012 when I got it first time but I believe I sold it, and just missed the memories I had of the game. So I got it again!

I Would love to know people who also actively play and would like to hopefully strike friendships!

Hey, I would love to play the GameCube game, if I had one! I wonder if this "Dolphin Emulator" legal? Because I never owned the GameCube console, as I chose the Super NES. I am a retro fan, so it would be nice to see if either, this emulator is legal, or I can still purchase the original GameCube?

My friend is obsessed over this new Animal Crossing game coming up, so I bet she would want to know the answer too as anything AC or similar would stop her from fidgeting!

I have New Leaf, but unfortunately I have not got enough room for more friend codes.

My friend has space on her consoles (she has TWO Animal Crossing: New Leaf towns), so if you ever want to play with her, she'll be happy.

BTW, what is the Population Growing like? What do you do and anything interesting?

Last edited:
I have been meaning to but my TV seems to display my GC in grey scale for some reason and only works in colour with scart, so not going to bother until I get a scart extension cord

I have been meaning to but my TV seems to display my GC in grey scale for some reason and only works in colour with scart, so not going to bother until I get a scart extension cord

Oh, that's no good! With this Nintendo Switch Online Membership, I hope in the future they could allow the Switch to play GameCube games, like Animal Crossing.

I've owned AC:GCN since 2008 and I still play it once in a while. All I can really say is that if you want a fulfilling experience, don't do what 9 year old me did and memorize the 30k bell code to pay off debts faster lmao :)

Hey, I would love to play the GameCube game, if I had one! I wonder if this "Dolphin Emulator" legal? Because I never owned the GameCube console, as I chose the Super NES. I am a retro fan, so it would be nice to see if either, this emulator is legal, or I can still purchase the original GameCube?

My friend is obsessed over this new Animal Crossing game coming up, so I bet she would want to know the answer too as anything AC or similar would stop her from fidgeting!

I have New Leaf, but unfortunately I have not got enough room for more friend codes.

My friend has space on her consoles (she has TWO Animal Crossing: New Leaf towns), so if you ever want to play with her, she'll be happy.

BTW, what is the Population Growing like? What do you do and anything interesting?

Well from my point of view, the Dolphin emulator isn?t technically that legal but you wouldn?t ever be caught or get in trouble for using it, plus it is an easy and cost effective way to play population growing. I?ve always played the game on the first edition Wii that was backwards compatible with GameCube games, all you need is a controller, the game and a memory card! It?s a shame you?ve reached the limit but you can totally send your friends FC over and I?d be happy to play with her! Of course if you were looking for more easily attainable copies of AC it would be City Folk. You could still probably get a GameCube fairly cheap depending where you are in the world. :)

Population growing is very similar to ACWW. However there?s lots more thought put into the smaller details of the game, like lots of events in between big holidays to keep you occupied and you will always have at least a couple errands to do a day. You still have Nook?s Cranny, Able Sisters, and the post office, however it takes a moment to realise you don?t have a Main Street if you?re so used to playing NL like me! xD It?s one of the best titles with so many more villagers, but it?s not short of it?s bad points - like the storage issues etc. I can always inbox you some YT videos for you to watch to get a better sense of the game if you like! ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've owned AC:GCN since 2008 and I still play it once in a while. All I can really say is that if you want a fulfilling experience, don't do what 9 year old me did and memorize the 30k bell code to pay off debts faster lmao :)

Haha! Me too. When I first played, I ruined it all. XD I?m playing fair and square this time around but it?s hard to play by the rules when you know there?s an easy fix, lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh yes, well I hope you?re able to rectify that problem soon! So it doesn?t look like you?re playing the 1950?s version of AC. Lol. I would most definitely be the same. I forgot that you needed a GameCube memory card for the game to save, so I had to drive an hour to a game store who still was selling them, it was the last one they had!! :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh yes, well I hope you?re able to rectify that problem soon! So it doesn?t look like you?re playing the 1950?s version of AC. Lol. I would most definitely be the same. I forgot that you needed a GameCube memory card for the game to save, so I had to drive an hour to a game store who still was selling them, it was the last one they had!! :/

I sometimes play Gamecube though not as much as I used to. I think that's because I recently made a City Folk town which has been quite nice. It seems I only have room in my life for two Animal Crossing towns at one time. Despite this, Gamecube was my first Animal Crossing game and I have many fond memories of playing it.

I sometimes play Gamecube though not as much as I used to. I think that's because I recently made a City Folk town which has been quite nice. It seems I only have room in my life for two Animal Crossing towns at one time. Despite this, Gamecube was my first Animal Crossing game and I have many fond memories of playing it.

Oh that?s so cool! I?m usually rubbish at keeping up with one town let alone almost three I?m trying to manage. I also have just started City Folk again too. It would be great to make friends on the Wii! When I first had the game when I was younger, I never had the opportunity. That?s only if you want to though! :)

I didn?t actually know there was an ac game before wild world until a couple of years ago, when I really started getting into animal crossing as serious as I am now about it, found you could play on the Wii and the rest is history for 13 year old me and my GameCube town with a shrine almost for Kitty :?)

Well from my point of view, the Dolphin emulator isn’t technically that legal but you wouldn’t ever be caught or get in trouble for using it, plus it is an easy and cost effective way to play population growing. I’ve always played the game on the first edition Wii that was backwards compatible with GameCube games, all you need is a controller, the game and a memory card! It’s a shame you’ve reached the limit but you can totally send your friends FC over and I’d be happy to play with her! Of course if you were looking for more easily attainable copies of AC it would be City Folk. You could still probably get a GameCube fairly cheap depending where you are in the world. :)

Population growing is very similar to ACWW. However there’s lots more thought put into the smaller details of the game, like lots of events in between big holidays to keep you occupied and you will always have at least a couple errands to do a day. You still have Nook’s Cranny, Able Sisters, and the post office, however it takes a moment to realise you don’t have a Main Street if you’re so used to playing NL like me! xD It’s one of the best titles with so many more villagers, but it’s not short of it’s bad points - like the storage issues etc. I can always inbox you some YT videos for you to watch to get a better sense of the game if you like! ^^

I have the original Nintendo Wii and I never knew you can play GameCube games on there. So, all I need is the GameCube controller, game and a bigger memory card?

In Australia, we can't have Wi-Fi on the Wii as this thing everyone is talking about is only for American residents :'(

I can't have Wi-Fi on my DS Lite. Thankfully Wi-Fi is still available on the 2DS and 3DS.

My friend also uses this website, she's Jessy_Azran. You can check out one of her friend codes is on her signature under the spoiler "Bromwich's details". Just give her a VM or PM! ;)

I have the original Nintendo Wii and I never knew you can play GameCube games on there. So, all I need is the GameCube controller, game and a bigger memory card?

In Australia, we can't have Wi-Fi on the Wii as this thing everyone is talking about is only for American residents :'(

I can't have Wi-Fi on my DS Lite. Thankfully Wi-Fi is still available on the 2DS and 3DS.

My friend also uses this website, she's Jessy_Azran. You can check out one of her friend codes is on her signature under the spoiler "Bromwich's details". Just give her a VM or PM! ;)

Yes! I didn?t believe it either when I found out that it was backwards compatible! You need an original GameCube memory card, that may come with the game if the person or store you?re buying it from has kept the game in its complete edition, if not you?ll need to buy one. It?s a GameCube Memory Card 59 you need. They were about ?8 over here in the UK where I got mine from and I had to travel a little for it, but it was definitely worth it!

That?s such a shame that you can?t use Wi-Fi with the Wii in Australia. :( But at least you can for New Leaf! There wasn?t online play for the first animal crossing anyways due to the time it was brought out and the internet/console gameplay barely in its infancy. But I?ll send your friend a message, thanks for letting me know of her details! :)

Yes! I didn’t believe it either when I found out that it was backwards compatible! You need an original GameCube memory card, that may come with the game if the person or store you’re buying it from has kept the game in its complete edition, if not you’ll need to buy one. It’s a GameCube Memory Card 59 you need. They were about ?8 over here in the UK where I got mine from and I had to travel a little for it, but it was definitely worth it!

That’s such a shame that you can’t use Wi-Fi with the Wii in Australia. :( But at least you can for New Leaf! There wasn’t online play for the first animal crossing anyways due to the time it was brought out and the internet/console gameplay barely in its infancy. But I’ll send your friend a message, thanks for letting me know of her details! :)

Thanks for the info, I will look into buying this interesting game! ^_^

Awesome, she is always looking for friends!

Heck yeah! I still play it. Since I have a gaming computer, I found the Dolphin emulator and hooked up Animal Crossing with it. So I've been emulating it on my computer and have been loving it! Brings back so many memories when I used to start playing it all the way back in 2005.

Heck yeah! I still play it. Since I have a gaming computer, I found the Dolphin emulator and hooked up Animal Crossing with it. So I've been emulating it on my computer and have been loving it! Brings back so many memories when I used to start playing it all the way back in 2005.

That?s amazing!! It?s the same for me, I just paid off my first home loan. ^_^ I live for the dialog of the different villager personalities. <3

Gamecube Animal Crossing is my favorite in the series lol, I still go back to my town from time to time. I’ve actually been meaning to make a new town in Animal Crossing E+ sometime soon, I can’t understand Japanese at all but my knowledge of the dialogue from the American version of AC helps me get through all the prompts.

I'll oftentimes play, just not as much as I used to. I've been binge-playing Wild World. I still keep up with the animals in my GCN town (as well as all my others; even my least played, LGTTC).
Not sure if this has been said in this post beforehand, but you could lose a villager if you travel to another town.

I have so many find memories of PG! I played it a ton throughout middle school and the nostalgia factor is powerful for me. Paticularly with the music. AC:pG has, IMO, the best music in the series. They all have great music but something about PG's music just pops out and feels lively, vibrant, and (always) appropriately moody whereas NL is much more subtle. PG has the most varied dialogue in the series too. I played PG a lot to escape from a troubled life for a while (would rather not go into that rn) and the game hits me pretty hard. I've sadly long since lost my orginal memory card (perhaps for the best, considering young me thought it would be funny to name my town "***town" and the town/4 houses were littered with things) but I've had a copy sitting around for a while. Finally decided to start a new town while waiting for New Horizons (I will never delete my original NL town!) yesterday and am riding he nostalgia train with Rover, just like the old days. I wish I had someone to sit down and play it with me though. The lack of someone to couch co-op in turns with made K.K.'s intro dialogue hit like a bag of bricks. :(

Don't have much in the way of tips like with CF or NL, but I'd watch out for the mayor as the Fountain each day, check with Copper about visitors to keep up with any events, and don't be afraid to use Universal Codes...once in a while. Just when you're having trouble. Or don't, up to preference. Unless you've got any specfic things you need tips on, I can't really think of any more to give.

I dropped the Animal Crossing series for a while. Three days ago I decided to emulate this game and I'm hooked! There's a charm to how simple the first game is. I've been checking in every two hours or so and fishing like crazy.

I play every now and then. This game has a certain charm to it. Even though you can’t do much compared to the newer games this game still manages to be fun. It hold many memories from my childhood that comes back to me when I decided to start playing again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I play every now and then. This game has a certain charm to it. Even though you can?t do much compared to the newer games this game still manages to be fun. It hold many memories from my childhood that comes back to me when I decided to start playing again.

No unfortunately New Leaf is the only one I've ever played. I'm one of those folks who was still a little tot when a lot of classic games came out and never got to play them. I do plan to get Wild World though since it's on the ds and a lot of other classics that I can play on my current systems (xbox and ds).

Last edited:
Hi! I just got a copy of the GameCube Animal Crossing - Population Growing. And I wanted to know if anyone still plays or has fond memories, maybe even a few tips to share? I played previously around 2012 when I got it first time but I believe I sold it, and just missed the memories I had of the game. So I got it again!

I Would love to know people who also actively play and would like to hopefully strike friendships!

I still play the Original Animal Crossing for GameCube! I love all of the NES Games and I still use y cards with the eReader! It is still my favorite version.

Back