• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone play Harvest Moon?

ahhh, one of my favorite series :) The first one I ever played was one of the very first for gameboy... It's definitely come quite a way since then! The one that really got me hooked was Back to Nature. Since then I've played every one to date that I could get my little gummy fingers on >8D

I've heard a lot of good things about New Beginning! I'm sure you'll have a blast : ) I have yet to try it myself, most jelly~

It made me sad Neil was such a jerk.

Because Neil was such a jerk I loved making fun of him. xD And Allen. Both of them are my favorites to pick on.

But really, Neil just likes animals more than people. Which is really... kind of unhealthy.

True that. I have yet to meet a bachelor that I will like and marry in the game... (not to sound like a cliche or anything... was just looking forward to that part of the game)
There's some nice fellas that move in later on. Heads up.

Rod is probably the nicest guy ever. Sanjay too. Soseki is just adorkable. Amir and Neil are a bit grumpy, but Amir warms up to you really fast and is an adorababy, and Neil takes a while but he turns out to be an adorababy too. Allen is plain hilarious.

I honestly don't know which one to marry out of all these guys. Year 3 in the game and I'm still single. xD

You know one of the things that's fun in ANB? Designing and laying out houses in the town. It's like ACNL except you have more control. Like you can literally grab someone's house and plop it wherever you want.

You hate Allen? No problem! Put his house in the far-off second part of town so you don't have to deal with him. xD

I kinda like Neil because his thorny exterior is kind of enticing; it makes me want to get to know him to see what he's really like? Idk. Maybe it reminds me of me IRL haha (just kidding...)

Im nearly at Fall right now. ALLCAPS gave me some really good summer/fall seeds so Im using the produce to win the crop festivals c; (thank you ALLCAPS <3<3)

I kinda like Neil because his thorny exterior is kind of enticing; it makes me want to get to know him to see what he's really like? Idk. Maybe it reminds me of me IRL haha (just kidding...)

Im nearly at Fall right now. ALLCAPS gave me some really good summer/fall seeds so Im using the produce to win the crop festivals c; (thank you ALLCAPS <3<3)

Holy crap you're already at Fall? I'm still at the tail end of winter lmao

Anyone has platinum and glass stones? Vm me :U ty

Aw, you're welcome! :3 Glad you're finding them useful~ I got the same from random Japanese players when I first started so I'm glad to give the same to you! <3

Yams are important for unlocking something though, I forgot what. 8U

Aw, you're welcome! :3 Glad you're finding them useful~ I got the same from random Japanese players when I first started so I'm glad to give the same to you! <3

Yams are important for unlocking something though, I forgot what. 8U

I'll make sure to keep the Yams. They're a Fall seed right?

This should turn into a Harvest Moon discussion thread as I've gathered now that people do, in fact, play Harvest Moon. Should I change the title?

I don't think I'll be playing TOTT. The map looks really tiny. . Already ordered ANB though.

This should turn into a Harvest Moon discussion thread as I've gathered now that people do, in fact, play Harvest Moon. Should I change the title?

No, I think you should actually ship the yams. 30 of them. I think it's needed to unlock a festival. Yams are regrowable like pineapples and tomatoes so it should be fine. :3

Speaking of! When you grow higher star crops, make sure to keep at least one of them for when you get the seed maker. :3 That's how you get 5 star crops easier.

And your title seems fine. More people will come and say if they don't or do play HM. Or planning to. xD

I've never played this series but it looks really good! Probably going to buy it soon! :~)

Yeah, it is pretty good! I'm sure you'll enjoy it too. ; w;

Do it!

In related news, there is a Harvest Moon-esque PC game being developed atm, it may well be completed before the end of the year.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93285018
It's got the classic sprite look which I actually really miss, because the new 3D stuff doesn't look that good because of the 3DS's poor rendering power.

Last edited:
uh
How am I supposed to keep all high star products for a whole season(a couple, actually). I just started Fall and upgraded my farmland. I don't have the things that keep stuff fresh forever.

uh
How am I supposed to keep all high star products for a whole season(a couple, actually). I just started Fall and upgraded my farmland. I don't have the things that keep stuff fresh forever.

Your... fridge?
tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow.gif

uh

Uhh there's no freshness mechanic in ANB, you must be talking about the earlier DS games?

I made a HM fangame with Back to Nature sprites years and years ago on RPG Maker 2000. I say fangame, I only got as far as coding a really inefficient farming system.

I made a HM fangame with Back to Nature sprites years and years ago on RPG Maker 2000. I say fangame, I only got as far as coding a really inefficient farming system.

Hahaha. That sounds pretty funny. Wouldn't have got too far with an inefficient farming system D:

I'm waiting for more news on Connect to a New Land.
Favourite HM game is always Friends of Mineral Town- hands down. I had four playthroughs in total, the longest running time was past 5 years and Mary was my favourite followed by Elli (my friends picked Popuri and Ann) and second fave is More Friends of Mineral Town. I tried Wonderful Life on my uncle's PS2. Grand Bazaar was ok, Sunshine Islands and Animal Parade was meh to me.
I haven't played AnB or Tale of Two Towns.

Back