Anyone play Harvest Moon?

So why does that make it hard to pick up after a while? Also, because it doesn't run in real time, can you just water a few crops and then sleep to make time go quicker? Would this make the tutorial go faster?~

It's hard to explain (for me anyways). Playing Harvest Moon, there's a certain rhythm to playing the game. There are various other tasks you plan ahead for (such as festivals, relationships, restocking, mining, etc.)

If you leave the game at a certain point, then you would have to jump back into that particular schedule, and you would have to adjust yourself playing to that schedule. Plus you might have left off doing something, and have completely forgotten what was so important.

I probably confused you a little bit. Or a lot. :p

It's also that because it doesn't run in real time, and you can jump in at any time, there's sometimes little motivation to actually jump in.

Harvest Moon (DS) was my first DS game <33
I have played Harvest Moon DS, Harvest DS Cute, Harvest Moon Island of Happiness, Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands, Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar and Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns. I want to get A New Beginning soon though c: It's so fun!

I've never played Harvest Moon before, but I always wanted to.

Also Rune Factory. I think I'm getting Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny for PS3 soon.

I have Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody and I think I have another one too (can't remember the name). I absolutely LOVE HM: ToTT, but when I watched the trailer for A New Beginning, I just wasn't too sure. I hope you enjoy it anyway! Have fun! :D

WHich Harvest Moon would be a good one to start with for a player new to the games?

Woohoo, it arrived in the post!

Congrats, enjoy it.
I have played most HM games including A New Beginning. It has an online feature where you go into rooms (you can create it or enter into another person’s) - could be with friends or random people and you brush, milk and shear your animals to increase their hearts without loss of time.
You will also need to take a present to the room. This feature is great for acquiring certain items you will find difficult to get – for presents, construction, maker machines, cooking and making clothes. You will find that you will periodically need certain items including what may appear to be the simplest of things. Playing with friends ensures you get the exact item you are looking for. Random people are notorious for bringing things such as barn dirt – which is useless.

Drop me a line if you require something. I spend most of my time on ACNL but I sometimes visit HM to play or just help out friends who need items.

Thanks everyone you're all so helpful <3 so I think I'm about halfway through the long intro, day 16 or something. It's not been so bad because I'm completely unfamiliar with the series but I can see how it would be kinda annoying for someone who knows how to play -.- I wanna build a barn for chickens but there's no blueprint person yet D:

ive played basically everything thats not on the ps systems or ds lite i love harvest moon ; v ;

Last edited:
Yeah, those cutscenes are pretty long. I always make sure I avoid the time he arrives when I go to town. xD

It gets longer the more people start setting up shop. ; w; I wish they put an option to avoid it.

Thanks everyone you're all so helpful <3 so I think I'm about halfway through the long intro, day 16 or something. It's not been so bad because I'm completely unfamiliar with the series but I can see how it would be kinda annoying for someone who knows how to play -.- I wanna build a barn for chickens but there's no blueprint person yet D:

Tell me once you unlocked the wi-fi capabilities. c: I can trade you a nice egg for hatching and let you milk my cows for much monies, hurr.

I also think I may have some stuff you need for crafting stuff. c:

Isn't barn dirt used in some crafting recipes?

I actually don't remember any recipe that needs barn dirt. I really want to check now. xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's so weird picking it up again after hours of ACNL and finding that your character is very proportional to the outside world. > w>;;

Tell me once you unlocked the wi-fi capabilities. c: I can trade you a nice egg for hatching and let you milk my cows for much monies, hurr.

I also think I may have some stuff you need for crafting stuff. c:

Yay! Okay I will PM you, then. Any idea when that will be? I'm on the 22nd Spring, so Im guessing the tutorial is almost over ._. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, though o:

Yay! Okay I will PM you, then. Any idea when that will be? I'm on the 22nd Spring, so Im guessing the tutorial is almost over ._. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting, though o:

It's around 26th or 27th of Spring, so you're close. c:

Yeah, if you're new to Harvest Moon it's actually not that bad. You need some time to adjust to the gameplay. Unfortunately if you're a veteran it just seems so boring. xD But once you get passed it you'll wish for those calm times back, haha.

I get what you all mean about cutscenes playing when Neil arrives xD

I eventually just worked my schedule in a way that I wouldn't venture out into the Town area between 10:00 and 10:15. Wait until you get pets though, goddamn cutscenes every morning.

I eventually just worked my schedule in a way that I wouldn't venture out into the Town area between 10:00 and 10:15. Wait until you get pets though, goddamn cutscenes every morning.

I do this as well, I run out of my farm before 7, I wish we could skip these.

I really want to play RF, but we can't get it here in the EU ._.

We did get RF in the UK and most of the rest of Europe. I've got Rune Factory 1,2 and 3. All bought from my local GAME or Gamestation (before they shut down). You'll probably be able to get a cheap pre-owned copy from somewhere like CEX if you're lucky.

Last edited:

Haha, my schedule is the same too. I do all the farm work in the morning and come out before lunch to throw gifts at my besties. xD

We did get RF in the UK and most of the rest of Europe. I've got Rune Factory 1,2 and 3. All bought from my local GAME or Gamestation (before they shut down). You'll probably be able to get a cheap pre-owned copy from somewhere like CEX if you're lucky.

I think they mean RF4. o 3o

Back