Anyone else worried?

i'm a little worried too, but i'm sure it'll just take some getting used to. like others said, acnl looked VERY different in its initial e3 reveal trailer and the same could happen here, i noticed some textures looked a bit off, like the water looks unfinished.

as for the crafting mechanic? i'm not 100% on it. i'm also not 100% on you seemingly not being the mayor anymore (what am i gonna do without my beautiful town ordinance??) but i think a lot of features people are worrying about being gone like the museum just weren't shown off because it's not new. the game was delayed for a reason, and i'm sure the aspects of the game we know and love will be shown off eventually. at least i hope.

It looks like poker camp *cries*
I was hoping to see my favorite aspects like interior deco and such but
I didn?t see much of it in the trailer.

I'm not worried. This game is far from being finished, I'm sure.

I'm not going to worry just from seeing a few snippets of gameplay when I know they aren't even finished with this game.

It looks like poker camp *cries*
I was hoping to see my favorite aspects like interior deco and such but
I didn’t see much of it in the trailer.

The only thing they said so far was that you can move your items in half-units, like in HDD. Wasn't in the trailer so thought I'd mention it.

Personally, I'm just worried about the crafting and Nook Miles. Those features are both not really in the spirit of animal crossing, giving you carrots to chase. It's also a little disappointing that they didn't show much about villagers.

I think the "building from the ground up" is a cool new spin like being mayor in New Leaf was, and I love all the new features like furniture outside, pathways.... and perhaps... the fact that you can move tents around allowing you to move your villagers tents before they get a house...?! The graphics are really nice because of how animated everything is; The characters expressions, the girls ponytail, everything swaying in the wind (leaves, dresses)... Although the grass only having a few patches of pattern looks kinda weird.

I am, but since the release is so far away, I'm pretty sure by the time it comes out, the visuals will be more pleasing and fleshed out

How many E3 bingo boards out there got another spot filled when the release date was shown in the trailer, I wonder? I can think of several I saw that had "Animal Crossing delayed to 2020" as slots on the board. I am disappointed with the delay, but I respect Nintendo for always following the idea that a late game is only late until it ships, whereas a bad game is bad forever.

I still need to watch the gameplay that was shown, I have only seen the trailer as I just got off work. However, my initial thoughts are:

1. I hated crafting when it was first shown, but I think this might actually be a good thing because it will change the game mechanic from the typical loop of doing whatever activity earns the most bells. I think this feature will be extremely controversial for the life span of the game, much like weapons breakage in Breath of the Wild. Hopefully you can build your own crafting table so you aren't always using Nook's. Are we playing Minecraft yet?

2. The map generation could be improved. From what I did see of the gameplay, the "town" (island?) was split entirely by a river. Jumping over that constantly would get old very quickly. Hopefully this issue is recognized and improved, or we are given the ability to quickly iterate through generated maps to avoid issues like this. That "town" being split by the river is almost as bad as landing in a Minecraft world where you start in the desert and all you need is a bed to change the spawn point, but you keep dying and ending up back in the desert before you can make one. Random generation always has weird things like this to be overcome, so I'm not that concerned about it.

3. Map size was very small. I need to watch the gameplay to determine what is up with that, as they likely mentioned expansion mechanics.

My attention for titles of interest this year has shifted to Link's Awakening, but that game probably won't keep me entertained too long. What a bummer! Here's to hoping there are no further delays.

I'm worried that there wont be a traditional furniture store or clothing store, and that they took out the museum. I'm worried that the island is going to be just as big as New Leaf and not bigger or expandable :( There are so many game menus that it kind of takes the immersion out of it. I don't like that the transportation is just a modern plane (from the sounds of it). Maybe it's an old school plane.. I'd prefer that.

It's a seaplane.

The only thing they said so far was that you can move your items in half-units, like in HDD. Wasn't in the trailer so thought I'd mention it.

Personally, I'm just worried about the crafting and Nook Miles. Those features are both not really in the spirit of animal crossing, giving you carrots to chase. It's also a little disappointing that they didn't show much about villagers.

I think the "building from the ground up" is a cool new spin like being mayor in New Leaf was, and I love all the new features like furniture outside, pathways.... and perhaps... the fact that you can move tents around allowing you to move your villagers tents before they get a house...?! The graphics are really nice because of how animated everything is; The characters expressions, the girls ponytail, everything swaying in the wind (leaves, dresses)... Although the grass only having a few patches of pattern looks kinda weird.

We have badges in NL. I'd think of Nook Miles as the next step of those.

Like some people said I think for mow they just wanted to show off some of the main new mechanics and features for the game so just because we didn't see shops/museum etc doesn't mean that they're not there it's just not a focus point at the moment.

I'm excited just like I was when I saw the new leaf trailer for the first time so i can't wait for next year!

I was expecting more intricate detail. I felt a bit disappointed with how it looked like a hybrid of pocket camp and new leaf.

I'm worried it will be too slow, and there might not be a main shopping place like Main Street.

It will get very boring, very quickly, and I don't want to craft every single thing.
It could take years.

I am alright with how it looks. I originally expected it to look slightly better than Pocket Camp, but this has certainly exceeded my expectations. One thing I was keeping in my mind during the entire trailer is that "This is what a starting village looks like". That thought leans me towards thinking they are using a lot of early/default customization options for presenting. Also, are not they actually pavement paths? That may be why they look so uniform.

They either removed patterns from a lot of the textures (water, grass, dirt, etc) or they havent fully put them in yet. The look is nice in HD but it needs more character and not so much emphasis on being realistic. It makes other stylized elements look "cartoony" in comparison - the flowers, as an example, seem out of place next to the more finely detailed wild grasses and weeds.

Other than the designs we saw in the trailer and the treehouse, my only other concern is what's been mentioned or hinted at a couple times now, is the focus on customization and how this feels a bit more like a spin-off than the next generation game. And map size, lol.

But, as we've all been saying thus far, we've got 9 months to see what they come up with ~

We have to remember that this game is still in development and things aren't official rn

There's also a bunch of features they didn't show off yet,,

I have hope it'll be great, graphics look clean and there's alot more ACNH has to offer

Yeah I hope it will be muchhhhhhhhhhhhhh larger because it was very small in the stuff they showed us, maybe even smaller than the 3ds

No it's not its bigger than City Folk.

I'm both worried and also excited. I need more information on the game... like, lots more. I have so many questions about whether or not certain features will be gone. I plan to get the game even if it turns out some of my favorite features are missing. After all, I'll still have New Leaf.

I actually really think that we shouldn't judge the game for what it is now. It's kinda clear that when they announced AC 2019 the game wasn't ready whatsoever, was it even started tbh?
With this NH trailer they're showing us new features which makes sense, like they wouldn't show us things we already know exist like the basic shops or museum for example. The game also has 9 months to look a bit better and I'm sure they'll get this right. Never forget how ACNL's beta for E3 2011 looked! The dialogue boxes, trees and pansies looked horrendous, but look at the game now!

Anyways I think there's no need to worry, they game will beautify and we'll get plenty more updates in the upcoming directs. We still have 9 months to wait. Let's keep the hype up!

Did you watch the 25min long video? Map is in the bottom right, and its TINY

There's another thread on here that informs how big the map is, and it's bigger than New Leaf and City Folk.

When I watched the trailer in E3, I was very concerned as it seemed very different to earlier games. But after watching the gameplay and reading articles about various features, I'm not too concerned. The only thing that's bothering me is the loss of the QR code function and the graphics. I'm sure most features (especially graphics) will improve with time.

Back