• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Anyone else worried?

HorseSalt

Bells
I’m not into the new art style. It looks just like Pocket Camp, which I dislike. The dirt pathways look weird, but otherwise lovely graphics. New things we place can around the town? Seems fine. We’ll still have all sorts of villagers. But we’re on an island now. Hopefully they made the town big. I find this change acceptable but unexpected. I’ll be super sad if there’s no mainland. Could still be a great game, but I hope the graphics and things improve, and everything else is more loyal to mainline games.

Last edited:
Same. My expectations were Mario Kart Animal Crossing levels of gorgeousness. Hopefully they will flesh it out when they release it.

It's still far away from release and we still have the Nintendo Treehouse to see. I wouldn't worry just yet. Remember how New Leaf looked the first time it was unveiled.

It's still 9 months away. They kept pushing it was for 2019 so they probably are just going to finish some things and make it prettier. I'm not a huge fan of pocket camp myself, but I think it'll be more like a regular AC game instead of closer to the mobile game. I was expecting crafting to be a big part of the game but I don't want it to take place of shops. Maybe we'll just have to build the shops and then we can buy stuff?

I'm worried about what happened to to Isabelle.
I don't like the crafting mechanics that it looks like we will have to do. It's so much like Pocket Camp. I hope eventually we can get a store on the island.
I'm hoping everything else is the same, if not just a little changed. It looks like you level up your town, and people come to live in it, judging from the houses popping up. Not sure why everyone is caught up over the tents, later in the trailer it shows your player has a house.

I'm also VERY worried about holidays not showing up. That's what sold it for me, my family doesn't really celebrate holidays so getting to celebrate halloween, thanksgiving and christmas in game was really special.

Last edited:
I’m on the fence, the graphics are, in my opinion, minimalistic? I feel like I’ll end up liking it after I get used to it though. I just hope the town/island is huge. We just don’t have enough info right now, when Treehouse shows it off a little more today our fears hopefully will be relieved.

Same. My expectations were Mario Kart Animal Crossing levels of gorgeousness. Hopefully they will flesh it out when they release it.

What I expected;
Normal animal crossing, modern, bigger, better, museum exists, shops exists, kicks etc

What we got: spin off title on some island with crafting etc eh

I remember everyone not being pleased with you being the Mayor instead of Tortimer in New Leaf and it worked out pretty well. I'm willing to give this game a shot. It's going to be a big change, and I'm not super into the idea of crafting things, but I'm looking forward to seeing how everything plays out in this game. I haven't hated an Animal Crossing yet, so I doubt I'll hate this one.

I'm still not entirely sold on this entry, but I am very optimistic.

For me, that warm, Animal Crossing charm is very important. Even though they're implementing this whole "deserted island" and crafting features, I want to see writing letters to villagers, fun holidays, new interactions with villagers, NPCs we all love, Blathers, the museum, and so on.

I'm all for change, but we definitely need a balance of new AND old.

I'm still not entirely sold on this entry, but I am very optimistic.

For me, that warm, Animal Crossing charm is very important. Even though they're implementing this whole "deserted island" and crafting features, I want to see writing letters to villagers, fun holidays, new interactions with villagers, NPCs we all love, Blathers, the museum, and so on.

I'm all for change, but we definitely need a balance of new AND old.

I'm sure they won't deviate too far from the series by taking those away. They'll just make it different.

I'm sure they won't deviate too far from the series by taking those away. They'll just make it different.

I doubt it, too. Nintendo is usually very good with keeping the roots of a franchise in tact, even with big changes. I mean, we saw it with the great example of Zelda: Breath of The Wild!

I am a little concerned about it feeling limiting with very little actual development possible for the island. I don’t want to feel entirely stranded, you know? Checking the shops and the spontaneous nature of collecting furniture has always been one of my favorite parts of the game. I don’t love the idea of trudging on and waiting for wood to grow rather than slowly working hard and earning bells.

I’m trying my best not to be negative. It’s very cute and I’m sure I will have fun with it, even if it’s not what I expected.

Island looks a bit small and not much to do at this stage

I'm a bit worried that we'll stay on the island and can't improve on adding major buildings like the ones you see in Main Street. Also there's no Town Hall, so it seems as if you're not the mayor no more.

I have mixed feelings about this game, and all I hope is that the gameplay mechanics improve later on.

I was initially skeptical of the crafting system when I watched the trailer the first time. But I'm warming up to it more and more!

I remember it took people a while to warm up to the changes made in new leaf too. Specifically people didn't like the new character heights and some wanted Tortimer back. Give it time guys.

What I expected;
Normal animal crossing, modern, bigger, better, museum exists, shops exists, kicks etc

What we got: spin off title on some island with crafting etc eh

It's a mainline game, this has been said by the developers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm a bit worried that we'll stay on the island and can't improve on adding major buildings like the ones you see in Main Street. Also there's no Town Hall, so it seems as if you're not the mayor no more.

I have mixed feelings about this game, and all I hope is that the gameplay mechanics improve later on.

Except it's a deserted island. It looks like "go to island. Build it from scratch". This is honestly going to probably be one of the best games.

It looks just how I expected it to look. Granted, it's almost certainly going to look pretty different once it's actually released.

I think it will be a great game. I like the idea of crafting things. We saw them craft the bonfire, which was a pwp in NL, so I guess that's how we will make pwps too. There will probably still be a shop where you can buy things. There's an airport on the island. That has go to somewhere. I don't think they would cut out shops and museums completely. Those are huge part of the gameplay for animal crossing.

I'm only worried about the size of the island. It didnt look too big. At least cliffs are back.

Last edited:
Back