• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Anyone else feel that these prices are crazy!

People duped objects - got bells - bought nook tickets. It sucks because I like trading and the online economy right now it's effed up. Still I'm not much into trading right now, we just got the game and I'd rather get stuff by myself, or trade item for item.

Last edited:
I don't really understand how NMT became this infacuated currency... seems odd to me why people want them so badly since theyre not that hard to obtain..

I'm assuming its because you can just farm islands in order to look for a specific villager you want on your island. Especially the new guys. Tons of people want Raymond and the only way to get him legitimately in the game without buying him off someone else is by luck on an island/campsite/rng move in. Same with all the other new villagers.

The online economy is shot right out of the gate. These prices are insane! I'm not sure how even time travlers could attain that amount of tickets.

The online economy is shot right out of the gate. These prices are insane! I'm not sure how even time travlers could attain that amount of tickets.

Most people are buying tickets from others for a certain amount of bells. Because of the dupe glitch theres a ton of "dirty money" out there so to speak.

The trade economy is due for a crash methinks. Once all the duplication glitch created stuff is gone, it will simply no longer be sustainable

At least, that's my hope

As much as the high end prices are insane, I can guarantee you will find someone offering the low end as well. I see people selling DUY recipes for 100k EACH then yesterday found someone doing 200. Not 200k. Just 200 bells.
I bought five recipes from them and paid them 10k because I felt bad only paying 1000 bells when someone else would have charged me more than my current house loan for them all.

I actually wanted to buy some roses, saw the prices, feinted and clised the entire forum page. I was that shocked. They were just flowers, not even villagers. Insanity.

How does one transport over 600 Nook tickets while also not getting scammed?

Last edited:
I mean. I time travel but I don't dupe, so there's a few ppl in here who've said that they don't time travel so they don't do this but it's not the time travelers, it's the dupers. thankfully that was patched, because the prices are definitely insane. I'd rather spend my few million gathered through turnips and intense fishing on like. my island.

it really makes it frustrating for players who have more modest means of gathering income on the game whenever they're getting outbid by some insane 25 million bid on one of their fave villagers. I immediately made a searching for Audie thread with my modest bid but then someone made one right after me and said they'd spend 15 million on her and of course they got her instead when the first one in boxes popped up lol! I'm lucky my best friend has her in her island or I'd never get her lol.

Last edited:
The duplication glitch can be blamed for this.... Adding more bells into the economy inflates the prices of everything unfortunately. The prices should stabilize within the next couple of weeks, if people with millions of bells get rid of them and disperse them amongst the community.

Yeah the prices are really hurting my pockets. I think this is normal though because it's such a new game and everyone's trying to get their hands on villagers and items because we all have nothing. Plus, this game sold so many more units than previous titles so that just ups the competition more... I think over time, things will get better. Thank god I bought my Amiibo cards when the prices weren't too bad but I regret not picking up all my dreamies because I used all my TBT, almost all my NMT and a hunk chunk of IGBs for Merengue and I still need Julian and and Lucky. Worth it for my baby but wow the grind!

I was originally excited about participating in the market, but it just seems frustrating, and honestly, kinda icky almost? Taking or spending that much on a villager just feels a bit wrong to me, but I understand why it's happening.

the whole economy feels so icky and exploitive to me rn

it's rlly hard for people to compete and participate in trading who play the game a little differently than some (note: not in a less valid or more valid way, just differently)

at some point someone was offering 10 hybrids for the equivalent of 3 million bells. it just makes me feel gross and sad tbh. (not trying to call out or finger point or villainize anyone.) i just dont frequent the trading forum too much, because vibes like that ruin the way the game makes me feel a little bit. this game is meant to be wholesome and happy and about sharing and trading fairly and making friends (for me), and the trading economy exudes the exact opposite energy rn. so i'm just waiting it out till the economy eventually flattens out again.

Last edited:
Most people are buying tickets from others for a certain amount of bells. Because of the dupe glitch theres a ton of "dirty money" out there so to speak.

So it seems that the glitch is responsible for causing a lot of this, then. Hopefully things calm down eventually.

i've always been happy to participate in the online economy but i am finding it difficult not only as a buyer but as a seller - it's so hard to sus out what the conventional prices are and it seems weird to ask for 100k for a diy recipe or sell a nmt for 250k but it seems to be the norm. nmts have also become a currency of their own which is hard to navigate for me. though the game is in its infancy and people are desperate - once the market becomes oversaturated and everything becomes more distributed and accessible things will die down, the same happened in new leaf. i find myself a lot happier trading items than selling them.
i remember marshal would sell for ungodly amounts but when amiibo cards became a thing, the whole villager market became non-existent, cycling became a lot easier to do and the most i would see villagers sold for was 10tbt. of course in new horizons, people are having to move villagers out manually, and villagers like raymond and audie don't have amiibo cards anyway. i also remember the tbt/igb exchange rate being like 100tbt for 100k bells or something earlier on, and by the later new leaf/welcome amiibo days 100tbt was worth like 10mil or something crazy.

Last edited:
I'm really happy to hear all the feedback from you guys, even if the topic is admittedly rather....bleak!

Last edited:
Yeah, the prices I'm seeing is deterring me from buying much from other players, and instead hoping items I want will pop up on my own island, or I can trade color for color or something.

If and when the amiibo cards release for the new villagers and the glitch is fixed, prices will go down. right now its hard to get villagers, and that is why people are paying lots of money for them, myself included, 15 tickets for Reneigh.

I honestly was very excited to open a shop and help people out since I TT but after seeing the current economy i..... dont want to. I dont want to contribute to the ridiculous prices and I know if I start selling things for lower than everyone else I'll get overwhelmed. Not worth it imo. Just gonna trade items with my friends, we set up a good system that works and doesnt take advantage of anyone.

Back