Anyone else feel alone and behind?

None of my IRL friends owns a switch because it's too expensive in my country and I only bought one with years of savings. So, when I needed to buy different flowers seeds or check turnip prices, I had to talk to people I was barely close... I got in an AC discord, but some guys were really mean to me and I gave up. I thought I was alone in this game. I took messures like, I used to leave my game on all day with my character on the beach to hear the sound of balloons coming haha
I am happy I found this place because I am very used to forums. But still, it's a very lonely game for me.

I think you should try to make this experience like solving a jigsaw puzzle. Like, maybe you spent hours trying pieces, but even if you didn't made progress, you still done a lot. It's the beauty of taking things slow. It's not easy to not feel dismotivated, but just know a lot of people don't think you are behind because there isn't a finish line ^^

I feel you on the repeat items. Nook's Cranny upgrade opened this morning and two of the three big items I already have (though one I got from a balloon or tree I think) and I think one or both of the smaller items were repeats. So aggravating!

I started a Twitter back in NL just to get screenshots off and I'm using it for NH. I only have a couple followers so I don't yet have "my" twitter friends who play so if you wanna follow me there it's @stineyacnl and I'd be happy to trade/catalog with you. I am even broker for IGB than you (though I'm sitting on like 75k nook miles I think) and I have never understood TBT but I'm not out to profit, just to have fun.

This is a play at your own pace game, there's no rush to complete everything straight away. I can totally understand why you'd feel that way because everyone seems to have completed all of their terraforming and achieved their dreamies. I think the thing to keep in mind is, by rushing what do you have left to enjoy or look forward to?

I've restarted 3 times because I felt burnt out and like I wanted the 'perfect' town. I'm finally happy without TTing and taking things at my own pace, I only unlocked terraforming the other day and I'm not touching anything until I've either planned it or have some ideas for areas!

For the feeling alone part, I totally understand that too. I'm really lucky because I'm in a group chat on Twitter with some friends in my own TZ and we communicate everyday even if it's not about AC - I feel like it's hard to find a friendship group like that but to be honest, all it takes is a random message. Just start a conversation with someone and speak to them - I know I'd be more than happy to make friends if somebody were to PM me here! This forum is filled with so many lovely members!

There are lots of people who like to hang out, or will let you come visit/catalog things for free! Have you checked out the free and equal trade thread? I've met tons of very nice people there and been able to trade for/catalog a veritable boatload of items. Plus, it's so nice to visit someone and just fish, catch bugs, wish on stars, etc. There are lots of people there that are happy to have you come and visit. Heck, PM me if you ever wnat to visit my island!

Also, my island looks like hot garbage compared to most people I visit, but oh well. It'll look nice eventually, but I'm not great at terraforming, so my island is never going to really be grand (and that's OK). I tried making a little park the other day after seeing a cute idea on Reddit, and holy cow does mine suck compared to theirs! But it'll be good in the end- I just have to get more items and bushes and hybrids first... I think patience, and not comparing yourself to others, is key. You try, you fail, you wait until you have more resources and try again!

I know a guy who's resident services is still in a tent and he got the game day 1.

Is that intentional, or does he just play for a minute or two per day? The resident services is rather easy to get. You just have to play for 7 days, build Nook's Cranny, and the 3 plots for villagers. (Possibly have the museum too)

Animal Crossing isn't a game where being the richest or having the prettiest island truly means anything. Don't compare yourself to others. Likes and being popular on social media are superficial things. Remember that there is no ranking system. It's a game that you play independently and should be enjoyed simply for what it is.

Play at your own pace and just enjoy yourself.

For full transparancy, I just restarted my island a few days ago. I just wasn't as happy as I could be with it and I was just stressed out with it for various reasons. Plus, I really missed having apples as my native fruit. I am TT from my previous start date until I hit present day which means I understand why people like to TT now.

Even though I don't have as much stuff right now. Even though I don't have my million in turnips. Even though I don't have anyone on my friends list other than my husband (because I haven't told them yet). Even though I only have one house expansion! I am feeling so much better about this island.

I can see how it might feel lonely if you really care about having a big, perfect multi person island. But, ever since I restarted I just feel so much better and happier about everything so far.

Tbh I really do feel like this. I don’t have many friends that play AC so I rarely ever visit islands unless it’s on TBT. I don’t trade with strangers mainly because I feel like I won’t have anything worth of equal value. It also doesn’t help that I don’t like using turnips to make bells due to how greedy people can be with them.

Always...wait are we talking about the game?!

I don't feel alone or behind. I'm a slow player, this is my first AC. This game isn't about the end goal it's about the journey and being kind to people.

All though I wish I had a fraction of peoples creation skills because all I can do is a farm lol

Is that intentional, or does he just play for a minute or two per day? The resident services is rather easy to get. You just have to play for 7 days, build Nook's Cranny, and the 3 plots for villagers. (Possibly have the museum too)

Wasn't intentional, he just wanted to fish, catch bugs, fossils, build up savings and get diy recipes. Last I heard, he finally got the 3 plots done this week.

Nooks had upgraded before resident services did.

I feel so behind in regard to island progression with building and terraforming.
My island feels so bare and lame compared to everyone else's!

Back