anyone else excited for the skyrim remaster?

satine

is it better to speak or to die?
Bells
Wallopoid
Matryoshka Doll
Red Tulip
i'm not sure if this has been posted before, but i've been super excited ever since it was announced that skyrim would be remastered for the xbox one, where you can add mods to it on there and not just on the pc (mac users like me hadn't had that opportunity before lol). i bet it's going to be even more beautiful too, like shown in the preview.

anyone else as pumped as me? also! where do you think es6 will be set?

I play Skyrim on the PC so I already have a bunch of mods, but I'm really happy for all the console people. And I'm not saying no to a free game! (PC people get it for free afaik)

Not really, I already played it through like 3 times at least on PC due to all sorts of bugs and glitches with achievements (there is one Daedric artifact that is easy as heck to miss because of an easy glitch) so tbh I'm not really.

Any owners of PC version that have all of the DLC will get a free upgrade to the remaster. It's meant to be better graphics and better stability.

I've got the Legendary Edition for the PC, but I'll be getting the remaster for the PS4, due to that I doubt that my PC will be able to handle it. I'm actually more excited for the lore books that they're releasing at the same time.

Does anyone know how I will be able to claim this once it comes out? Will it just come automatically to me (I bought it on Steam)?

i'm not sure if this has been posted before

Search function.

Does anyone know how I will be able to claim this once it comes out? Will it just come automatically to me (I bought it on Steam)?

It will automatically be added to your Steam library when it comes out.

I've already played and 100% completed Skyrim at least 6 times (using a diff character each time), so no, I am not excited for the remaster.

Played it on XBox. Had a blast! Sold the XBox.

Loved Skyrim so much the first time I am definitely excited for the upgrade!

Waiting for it to be released and then decide if I want to get a used system.

Can't wait!

I am. Especially as a console player who never got to experience the joy of the mods. I'm really glad Bethesda is bringing that to console players.

I am :), I love Elder Scrolls games and while I do own PC versions of Skyrim (I have the premium edition and a copy with DLC came in my Elder Scrolls Anthology) I want a remastered console version.

I haven't ever tried any Elder Scrolls games, I def don't have a PC capable of running it tho, so maybe I'll consider this if reports are good.

I'm pretty excited for it. I will probably be buying it on the Xbox though due to the problems between Sony and Bethesda right now.

Sony has basically said that they won't support mods for Skyrim or Fallout 4, despite Bethesda making both console versions capable of supporting mods. Long story short, no mods for PS4 version.

I was going to buy the PS4 version before Sony announced no mod support.

I already have it on Steam but my laptop isn't the greatest so it doesn't run as well as I would like it to even with performance mods, then there's other mods on top of that just for funsies. The remaster seemed like it would have been a better alternative to that, but I'll probably leave it now since there's a lot I don't like about vanilla Skyrim that generally had a mod to rectify it.

GG, Sony.

I'm not too bothered though. I was kind of only going to get it because I've nothing really else to play/buy right now and it would have been a good time sink for a while. I've otherwise put more than enough hours into the game already for me to not care either way.

Sony has basically said that they won't support mods for Skyrim or Fallout 4, despite Bethesda making both console versions capable of supporting mods. Long story short, no mods for PS4 version.

That's such a stupid move. Who's going to buy it on PS4 now, anyway??

Yeah... the lack of mod support for the PS4 has really made me debate about getting it. I think I'd put the money towards saving for a better video card for my PC since I already have the Legendary Edition on Steam.

I wonder why Sony is being such a tight ass about mods on the PS4. I'm getting it on the Xbox One myself, but it sucks PS4 has to miss out on that part of it.

This might actually get to me play the game. Was really into Morrowind and Oblivion but couldn't get into Skyrim for some reason. Meh.

I'm hyped for it. I stopped playing Skyrim religiously once I bought my PS4, and the only reason I kept my PS3 was because of Skyrim(in the event that I got an itch to play it), but since I heard that it was being remasted earlier this year, then I can finally have my social life destroyed once more for this fantastic game

Last edited:
Back