Anyone else already sick of the new event style?

i’m not necessarily sick of it and it is fun, i just wish it was a bit shorter as 12 days seems a bit too long for this type of event

I don't mind it too much as it's something to do during the timegates lol. I'm personally enjoying the farm! Especially since eggs=money for when I'm done crafting everything!

Sorry, someone can explain me the "baloon bug"? o_O

Sorry, someone can explain me the "baloon bug"? o_O

when you get the last balloon popping achievement for 300 popped, if you accept the achievement (as in click the nook miles thing and accept the nook miles) balloons stop showing up. it's game breaking for this kind of event.

regarding the event, im not really as bothered as everyone else seems to be, but i understand the frustration. it is a bit annoying in wood farming, but going through 3 flimsy axes, i only got 9 eggs and plenty of wood, so it didnt seem too bad. the worst is the stone eggs, i want IRON, not eggs. i think what would help a LOT is if there was a daily cap to the amount of eggs/day. like "once the player gets 15 of this type of egg, they stop spawning" or whatever fixed amount is calculated to be a decent amount by the end of the event. i think these limited dlc events are actually pretty cool and im actually happy we'll likely have something different next year, but this is a bit overbearing. i understand why it needs to be 12 days, though, because its likely incredibly limited items and resources if they arent rolling the same event again next year, so plenty of time is needed to get everything. i think a daily limit would help a lot of issues.

I think the length is a little long like people have said but in the long run later in the year for other events a long rung-time will probably be good (for me at least) ? I would sometimes feel stressed bc I wouldn't have enough time to do events in their entirety when it was only a day long....especially thanksgiving/toy day but again for ME and prob many of you i have nothing but time to play right now w/ coronavirus and everything lol....

I'm getting annoyed with fishing and catching eggs tho...

I was initially pretty excited because I thought we’d get access to lots of cute items—from what I’ve seen though, that’s not really the case.

Similarly, I had fun with it playing for just an hour this morning, but when I came back to it later today, I realized how distracting it is. The balloons are already pretty excessive in NH, but now I feel like they’re intruding on whatever I’m doing, constantly.
(I’m probably a bit sour because what I actually want are the cherry blossom recipes, and those seem overwhelmed by the influx of Bunny balloons too)

I wish there were an option to complain to Isabelle about this! Just have her shut it down for a while hehe

the information under your spoiler is extremely disappointing. ah well. :/ of course they would take that route. doesn't make it any less annoying though.

See that's what I was afraid of when they said the Holidays would be DLC, any game eventually gets dropped. I'm afraid ACNH will get dropped and be a ctappy and boring game after that happens

I don't mind it, but I agree it's a little long. However, we have to remember than many of us on here are diehard AC fans who are spending probably a little too much of their lives on this game. New Horizons wants to make sure casual fans have enough time to go on for like 30 minutes to an hour a day and get enough eggs each day to craft everything.

yeah this event got tiring really quickly, hopefully the AC team will listen to the complaints and make new furniture/ new ways to do easter event next year. the worst part is that this is happening at the same time as the cherry blossom diy event and I've collected every egg diy in just one day and hardly anything for cherry blossom.

It's ok. Now I've a lot of free time because of the quarantine but the developers cannot assume people can usually play 8 hours a day lol

As someone who so far hasn't had time to actually do anything related to the event yet (I've been turning on the game mostly just to check turnip prices this week) I'm happy about it.

I think longer events are great because it gives people with full-time jobs and generally busy lives more chance to take part without having to time travel. Although it probably could've been capped at 9 days as a maximum (eg running from the Saturday of one weekend through to the Sunday of the following weekend).

I think having the event last only for one day (as OP mentioned) would be far, far too little to get all the different recipes and the eggs needed to craft them and I'm actually having a bit of fun with it--which is surprising to me as my feelings on crafting are super mixed--but yeahhhh 12 days of this is way too long lol, imo it should be 7 days so you have a week to finish.

The most annoying thing is the sheer amount of eggs clogging my inventory, storage, and island. They are everywhere and theres still 9 more days of this god help us.

I don't hate it, but it could be improved. The spawn rate for balloons and the rate at which eggs drop is way too high to be rewarding; instead, it gets in the way of doing other stuff, rendering it quite annoying.
The fact that it lasts 2 weeks isn't really a problem if eggs were more hard to come by, and the event would be overall better if the furniture was good or sold for the same high amount it did in the past.

To be honest, I don't hate the event- I'm still in the pretty early parts of the game and I have been able to carry on as usual without it interfering. It can be quite irritating to keep catching water eggs but they all usually share a common size so you CAN ignore them if you try hard enough. I think the furniture is nice and the outfits are cool, but then again I've always been somebody who loves the events in animal crossing so that makes me biased.
My major concern with it is that it lasts TWO WEEKS, which is way way way too long- even for people like me who enjoy events. I liked how it was in new leaf where there was some build-up to events (eg buying masks for halloween) and then the actual event was only one day, so that you could just ignore it if you wanted to. it should've been around 5-7 days tops, for people who cant play as much.

in short: no. its only 12 days. If i was brand new during this event, maybe. I can see how it would hinder some new folks from getting materials, but nook miles are very easy to build up, and with that, islands can be gone to to get more materials when theyre needed.

I don't mind the length of the event, but the constant air assault of balloons is giving me anxiety! :LOL: Now I'm to the point where I am ignoring them unless they're regular balloons but I swear I fell asleep the other night thinking I heard that swooshing wind sound...

Yeah it's really annoying and until the 12th.. why. At least make stuff spawn less frequently when you get everything?? Dunno it's just making me mad since we're still in the beginning of the game and we actually wanna fill up encyclopedias instead :/

Back