Anyone else already sick of the new event style?

Kaioin

Fanbase
Bells
For real, if future events are this tedious and get in the way this much I'd rather they weren't in the game at all.

12 days of resources being replaced by eggs and the sound of those damned balloons floating by is gonna make me go insane - Zipper being...the way they are...doesn't help either.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was a one day occurance on "Bunny Day" itself, but the 12 days leading up to it is a bit much - especially since the only thing dragging it out that long is the chance of getting DIY recipes for lame looking furniture :)

I hope they reconsider how future events are handled in game, if they are going to drag on for a period of time they need to interfere with the game much less - seriously resources man, I need em.

Future "Bunny Day" event speculation in spoiler below.
If you were curious about how this update affects the Easter period in 2021 - it doesn't! :)

"Bunny Day" has, in previous games, taken place on Easter Sunday - in 2021 this is 4th April. If you were to time travel to 4th April 2021 there is no event, nor is there anything taking place on the 12 days preceeding this date.

That suggests these event periods will be released each year only for that period and also implies that once this years event is finished it will be removed from the game. I guess this will happen for as long as the AC team are interested in supporting seasonal events - after this it'll probably be released into the game as the same event each year.

I’m still resetting my town but from everyone venting about it all day it certainly seems youre not alone in your thoughts. Looking from the outside in, seems like nintendo didn’t really think it through. 12 days is EXCESSIVE..

I think zipper is cute tho lol I know im in the minority with that opinion.

Last edited:
the information under your spoiler is extremely disappointing. ah well. :/ of course they would take that route. doesn't make it any less annoying though.

12 days of this is going to test my patience, I admit it. The Bunny Day set is really not my cup of tea and as an obsessive balloon hunter I don't like the constant disappointment of looking up and seeing another Bunny Day balloon instead of a regular one. Not to mention that balloon hunting is already a little less fun, thanks to the bug. Luckily my partner also plays and is hunting balloons for me!

But overall, I feel pretty lucky if a videogame is all I have to grumble about, given the state of things now.

the information under your spoiler is extremely disappointing. ah well. :/ of course they would take that route. doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Yeeah -
I was curious so did it on my alt town (using my SO's Switch as they don't play AC) that I just mess about on and, unfortunately, it looks that way. The only exception I can think is maaybe once the event is over this year it'll remain in the game after an update, but I don't see that being the case tbh!

I like this event honestly. It helps when you know you will be busy on the actual holiday to have a few days to play instead. I only think a few items are cute, but I'm collecting eggs because I like scavenger hunts. What I don't like is how unbalanced the egg types have been. I have 40 Sky eggs, 30 water eggs, yet 4 earth eggs . Really uneven.

I was having fun with it at first, but the dread of having to deal with it for 12 days has really started to sink in lol. Also the balloon popping bug isn't something I'm looking forward to running into.

Last edited:
Not really. I can still find all the normal resources I would get by chopping trees, fishing, hitting rocks, shaking trees, digging holes, and shooting balloons. The egg to normal resources ratio is still more normal resources than egg for me overall (except maybe balloons- but I still find a decent amount of normal ones). I like that I have more things to scavenge for and craft during this event, and it feels less boring for me personally. I like a few of the bunny day items although they aren't my favorite set. But I personally like it a lot. I can see why other people don't though. We don't really know yet whether or not every holiday will have this same format either.

While the event itself is fine to me, the bit about how future holidays are going to be incorporated does get to me. Kinda affects the longevity of the game, doesn't it? When the New Horizons gets to the point where Nintendo drops support for it, this is gonna hit the game pretty hard in terms of future replayability considering how the events are purely DLC and all that.

I do suppose (and hope) that when that time comes, Nintendo will just make a DLC that permanently puts the events into the game like the titles before New Horizons used to have them or something.

I'm in the minority but love the hunting and crafting part despite not my favorite style of furniture some items are cute and bunny can be easily ignored when not needed the only things that bothers or ... better scares me it's the 300 balloon bug

Last edited:
I don't mind the event style, honestly. I do think it's far too long though. 5-7 days MAXIMUM would have been better.

I also think it's a bit overwhelming, too. Today I had Gulliver, Wisp, the cherry blossom event, plus Zipper, plus new fish and bugs. They need to spread this stuff out!

At the very least, they should have made it so the Bunny Day and cherry blossom events didn't overlap. I really want the cherry blossom and bamboo recipes, but I'm mostly getting egg furniture ones...

Reminds me of how towards the end of Club Penguin’s run the staff made the parties last two months to the point where you didn’t even see the normal state of the rooms because the instant one party ended it would switch to the next.

I haven’t played New Horizons in days so I can’t speak about my own experience, but from what I’ve seen it’s been a disaster.

Not in the base game: Irritating, but I understand.
Can’t time travel to it even after it has been added: Fine, I guess this is to make the game more fair for everyone.
Lasts for nearly two weeks: I don’t want to be reminded of Pocket Camp and other mobile games. Bunny Day is supposed to take place on only Bunny Day... that’s what makes it special. Oh well. It gives more players an opportunity to play during the event, at least. There’s probably a good reason for it, too.
Event ends up being more tedious grinding which we already do constantly in the main game, and forgets what made Bunny Day and other holidays so unique and special in the first place: They really want me to not like this game, don’t they?

As much as I adore ACNH, I must admit that I have never liked the events in Animal Crossing as much as regular, every day AC life. I just endure them and move on.

i like it, i think all the egg stuff is adorable. however, all my friends hate it, since its interrupting their usual fishing and the like, so they are giving me all the eggs they are finding. im going to make the cutest egg room when this is all over

I played today for around an hour, and let me tell you...girl, I am OVER this already. I don't TT, but for the first time since I've gotten the game, I've considered doing it -- to skip this wretched event.

I personally don’t mind it. I understand making it for a longer period of time so that people don’t miss it, since you cant tt back or forward to it, but I think 12 days is a bit excessive. 7 days TOPS would have been more than enough to accommodate people who can only play on weekends (or whatever) and many people have their weekends from work on days other than sat and sun. That being said, it would be very difficult to obtain all of the recipes in 2 days. I completed 3 “days” (tting) and am still missing 4 recipes. That issue could also just be solved by lowering the number of recipes that can be received. I personally like that there is a lot, even though i’m not crazy about the bunny day items and likely won’t be using a single one, but collecting them gives me a goal to work towards.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I played today for around an hour, and let me tell you...girl, I am OVER this already. I don't TT, but for the first time since I've gotten the game, I've considered doing it -- to skip this wretched event.

I’m not 100% sure that would even work. After I get all of the recipes I am going to tt back to the day I’m currently on (june 19) and I have a suspicion that the eggs will still be there.

I just wish there was an appealing series of furniture to collect with it. Who wants easter egg furniture??

Since it's nearly a copy of New Leaf's Bunny Day, I was sick of it the first second I seen it.

The exponential increase in balloons however is pretty cool. I've nearly reached 300 popped balloons.

Also, I've found 30,000 bells twice in balloons today for a total of 60,000

I'm unlocking terraforming tomorrow, so I'll be busy do that until April 12th, probably. I need to move all villager homes, 1x per day, and also move in amiibos (3 days per amiibo), and kick out all others.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't hate it. The only thing I'm worried about is the 300 balloon bug, overall though it can be easily ignored and materials aren't actually hindered to an unbearable extent, to me at least. I hoard materials though so idk maybe that is just me. I like all events because it gives me something to do when I'm bored and I think Zipper T. Bunny is really cute and charming. I understand how the length of the event can annoy people though.

Back