Anyone celebrate Día de los Muertos?

What is your problem? You're just trying to fight like some Tumblr Justice League idiot. Get down off your high horse. You can't nitpick this entire thread and then get mad at Mariah because she blew you out of the water in a small sentence. No one else here got angry except you, which you've seem to have done on other threads. You got some anger issues, this was a civil thread and you turned it to trash.
I love how you guys try to poop on my posts instead of making comments that actually relate to the topic. Talk about turning the thread into trash - this is your first comment in this thread, how does this kind of juvenile response help the topic at all?

You honestly think saying "take your foot out of your mouth" is being angry / that I'm mad at some random person online? You're sitting here calling me an idiot etc. I literally have no idea who you are, or why you're getting so bent out of shape over a stranger's comment that has absolutely nothing to do with you. Sounds like you're projecting your anger issues onto me, you need to chill out and take your foot out of your mouth as well. Seriously, both you and Mariah come in here to quote me and add nothing to the conversation at hand.

I don't celebrate it, nor have I ever. I don't believe any of my Mexican relatives participate in it, but I respect that they have a day to honor the dead and such. It's more of a day of remembrance and prayer, rather than a true "celebration" from my understanding of it. I don't feel it would be right or respectful for me to join in the activities of the day as it is not linked to my heritage, not saying anyone can't, I just don't personally see it right.

I've never "celebrated" it and I don't really think it's a holiday to celebrate. It's more of a day where you pay your respects and show appreciation. I think there's a festival or something downtown every year that celebrates it, but from what I've seen on Facebook, it's mostly just white people.

I think the word 'celebrate' was wrong to use haha. We are actually going to family's graves to honour them, but since it's near Halloween we're going to have a party for that too. It's just a bit of fun really, since we don't actually live in Mexico it's not going to be serious like it is there.

I think it probably depends on your culture too- I'm sure there are some people who view it as a celebration (I mean celebrating the lives of deceased family and friends, not just celebrating death), and there'll be other people who just see it as a day of mourning.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, they've been very helpful. Although I'm not sure why there's a big argument going on to be honest haha.

Back