• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any villager you were surprised to fall in love with?

Hans. Accidentally converted him in the campsite, but he was my adorkable weeb nerd before he left.

Zucker, he was being given away for free and I was like meh, why not, and I've taken a liking for him lol

Good ol' Spork(or Crackle as he's known in other countries).In my old cycling town a while back,I was down to eight villagers and Spork happened to show up in my campsite and I thought I'd invite him in just to fill up the ninth spot....I could always get rid of him later.But that's not how it worked out.Sometimes you get a new villager that seems like they've always lived in your town...there's no awkward adjustment period.Spork was one of those villagers and he's the first pig villager I really liked.So,nine pigs later,I have an all-pig town and Spork was the inspiration.Bacon.

Aw, man, I would love to dream of an all pig town. Can you give me the info for it?

When I got Moose as a starting villager in my current town, I never expected to like him as much as I do now ^u^ I think the secret-agent vibe he has going on is pretty neat, and he's such a sweetheart- he's always saying cute stuff to me and giving me nice gifts, plus he's the one who gave me a valentine and threw my birthday party :3

Deirdre. She really annoyed me initially with her catchphrase "whatevs", but once I changed her phrase and got to know her, she was really nice.

Blanche. She was unwelcomed and I thought her make up was disgusting, but then birds and deer became my favourite animals, so Blanche was always my favourite villager when I joined TBT until two weeks ago, Gladys moved in to my cycle town and I was so mad because I could have resettled for Fauna, Lolly and other normals. But, someone bought Gladys immediately and I thought how rediculously cute her face was (yup, I never saw it until like 4 days later). So now Gladys and Blanche are both my top dreamies :blush:

All of my dreamies have been random move-ins, so I guess in a way they were all surprising. But the most surprising has to be Eugene. He had his house where I had some flowers, so I was annoyed with him at first. Then after a while, he grew on me. And I'm sure you know what happened next if you've seen my sig.

Merry and Wendy are also surprising. Merry was a random move-in after I kicked Kyle out of my town (his only crime was being the third smug in my town, which was just too much), and I really like her because she's a peppy cat, just like Felicity. I got Wendy through Streetpass, and omg she's adorable and I LOVE the wallpaper in her house.

Another surprising one has to be the newest villager in Lumatown, Rudy. As soon as I saw him, I knew I had to have him in my town. What surprises me about that is I was looking for Melba at the time, and I decided to move him in instead of trying to get one of my dreamies. Also, he's a jock, which is one of the personalities I don't like as much as the others (but now I'm having second thoughts because of him XD).

Gigi made me mad when it was her who moved in instead of Mathilda or Pecan, but she was just so much fun and a lot more versatile than I originally thought since I assumed she was just a typical "Monique". She definitely was not, and I love her so much that I'm trying to currently move her into my NL town :)

I'm in love with Gaston, but he chose to build his house in the most awful spot. He just asked me today if he should move. I told him no. I'm not ready for him to move yet ;-;

Renee, I didn't like the rhino's at all but she moved in suddenly and I fell in love! She's honestly the sweetest villager in my town<3
Now I have two rhino's and totally love it~

I'm gonna say Cousteau. I usually don't care for jock villagers, but something about his funny little smiling face is so endearing. Especially when he makes those ridiculous 'admire my muscular bod' remarks. Makes me gigglesnort out loud.

Tipper, who was a starter along with Bam and Pashmina who I loved, but I let them move. I was planning to let Tipper go to but decided shes too cute and she can never move away.

Back