• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Any villager you were surprised to fall in love with?

Dorian

Bells
Switch
3338-6902-7891
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
A few months ago, I had eight villagers and was outraged to find Pancetti, the snobby pig had moved in. I was ready to move her right back out, but after a day found myself utterly and head-over-heels in love with her. That love remains true to this day.

Does anyone have a similar story? An unwelcome villager who became a bestie/dreamy?

I fell in love with Felicity and Kabuki. I invited them both from my campsite as a filler until I could get Rosie and Tom. In the end, I fell in love with them both and decided to keep them. :)

Yep...Ken. he moved in after I lost O'Hare, and I was absolutely heartbroken. I loved my Irish bunny, but after talking to Ken a few times, he totally grew on me and became one of my favorite villagers.

Pudge was one of my starter villagers of my current town and at first I thought he looked really weird and wanted to move him out quickly (since his house was also in front of the town hall) but after a while I started loving him and wanted him to stay, though he couldn't because of his house placement so I moved him out anyway. I kind of regret doing that though, since he is a real cutie and after a few days a new plot came at the same spot, but one space CLOSER to the town hall. I would've preferred Pudge, although close to the town hall - it could be worked around but I just wanted the space I had lacked in my previous town..

Hans. He was the first smug I ever met--- He reminded me of Gene from Bob's burgers xD I have now figured out that smugs are one of my favorite personality, but I have to limit them t one or two spaces in my town, otherwise they don't feel as unique x3 Also Katt. My bf and I both did a double-take with her eyes--- But she was a fun big sis and became my boy's favorite villager ^0^

Yep...Ken. he moved in after I lost O'Hare, and I was absolutely heartbroken. I loved my Irish bunny, but after talking to Ken a few times, he totally grew on me and became one of my favorite villagers.

Ditto on Ken. I don't have him anymore, but he was a riot! Wouldn't say he became quite one of my favourites, but he was definitely an enjoyable villager to have around. :)

For me it was Gala. I generally very much dislike the pig villagers, but when she moved into my cycling town I couldn't believe how ridiculously adorable she was. I ended up moving her into my main town where she's been for the better part of a year now. ^_^

Rasher. He was one of my first villagers and he is... not very cute, but his crankiness and goofy grin really grew on me. He gave me soooo many PWPs too, and I really like the zen ones so I think that did a lot to make me really fond of him.

Haha also Ken, he moved in randomly from a streetpass and he didn't want to move out when I wanted to make room for Teddy, now I started to like this black kungfu chicken so much that I don't want him to move anymore :D

Jacques....

At first I thought he looked weird, but then he came to the next 5 towns I made as the first smug, and started to grow on me.

A few other pigs! They are sweethearts. I am going to move Agnes in soon as my big sis.

I fell in love with Vesta, she's just so sweet and adorable. Her house is right next to my Roost Caf? so I associate her with coffee now.

Lionel. He is kinda creepy looking.. so when he move in, i wasnt so happy. But then I saw his house and talked to him.. It was like having a gentlemen in town! I only give him custom items and stuff because i think hes just so great.

Wolfgang. He was my first cranky and I just hated how he just seemed to hate on everything and everyone but after him being in my town for a while I just fell in love with him! He became such a sweetie and would always come over to my house randomly and send adorable letters and would hide his relationship with anyone. It was adorable! Until I accidentally tt'd him out and now I'm sad and currently and slowly cycling out villagers to get him back.

For me it's Sylvia the kangaroo. I didn't really think much of her when she originally moved in and just kind of let her be. Eventually though I kept doing favors for her. Even later on she sent me one of my first hybrids in the mail ( a pink lily). She now comes in my house every so often and doesn't hesitate to ping me ^^ I love her to death and will never ever let her move away c: I even look forward to the letters she sends me every day~

Last edited:
I'm surprised how much I fell in love with Lolly! When I first got ACNL, I had no idea she was a very popular character and I had no interest in her. Almost two years later having this game, she's my only villager left that I had from the beginning and it surprised me how much I have grown attached to her.

A few months ago, I had eight villagers and was outraged to find Pancetti, the snobby pig had moved in. I was ready to move her right back out, but after a day found myself utterly and head-over-heels in love with her. That love remains true to this day.

Does anyone have a similar story? An unwelcome villager who became a bestie/dreamy?
Same with Pancetti! She was a starter in my first town and I just couldn't let her go... now she's a permanent resident in my new town. :)

Broffina the chicken! She moved into my town randomly and put her house waaaay in the bottom left corner of the town. At first, i thought "eh, she's kinda snooty and probably won't get along well with many of the others..." but after visiting her a few times (i love her house) and talking to her every day, she's really grown on me! She's turned out to be one of my best friends in-game and i would be absolutely heartbroken if she ever moved away. She's just so sweet and quirky. :)

Last edited:
I asked Poppy to move into my town from the campsite. I wanted someone to move in to give me 10 villagers and speed up some move outs, and I saw she was a fairly popular villager so I though I could make a small profit on her later.

Wouldn't dare to think about it now. Love her to pieces.

So I always loved O'Hare and didn't think I would like other smugs... but one day on here someone was giving away Lopez for free! I never saw or thought about him but liked his deer/gazelle look and so I said sure I will take him! I instantly was drawn to him and loved his style and it worked with him so well! I do equal personalities per town and he easily made it into my favorite villager town and I don't think I will ever change from 2 smugs!

Back