Any hybrid questions? Ask me!

Roxer9000

crystal_castles❤
Bells
Tasty Cake
Cake
I have studied how hybrids worked since December due to having a Japanese copy.

I have probably found all of your questions and I have made probably all the possible hybrids counting my Japanese game!

I am ready to help TheBellTree be less confused about this topic

- - - Post Merge - - -

B.U.M.P

I'd love to know how to get another purple tulip to just breed them after 1 appeared at random in a patch of mixed ones. I've literally filled a huge corner of my alt town with every combination of other tulips and watered and TT'd for 3 months and never got another one.
Also purple pansies. Are hybrid red pansies really a thing cause I've garnered nothing from those either.

Is there an official way to get blue roses? I'd heard red hybrid x red hybrid, but my best friend got one from a bunch of orange roses...

Is it possible to create hybrids creating formations around villager houses?
If you plant a Jacob's Ladder near a pair of flowers, do offspring reproduce more easily?
How can you make more dandelions?
Could two white carnations create more red and pink ones?
Is it possible to create new hybrids on Tortimer Island?
Can you breed hybrids on the beach?
Is there any other way to receive hybrids within your own town without trading online or breeding them yourself?

There ya go. Tougher hybrid questions.

Is there a way to differentiate normal red roses and hybrid red roses...?

Nope, you have to keep track of them and make sure to get rid of any red roses they spawn.

If you plant a Jacob's Ladder near a pair of flowers, do offspring reproduce more easily?
Is there any other way to receive hybrids within your own town without trading online or breeding them yourself?

You can get hybrids anywhere in your town so long as there is a space for a hybrid to appear. My blue pansies around Bruces house keep escaping their neat borders and fleeing for the cliffs.
I don't think there is any definite proof for Jacobs ladders having any effect on hybriding.
Apparently blowing a dandelion puff will cause a new dandelion to appear nearby, but they will not breed when next to each other.
Pass, I'm pretty sure they can, but I always plant with a red/pink nearby just incase, but I do know 2 pink carnations can produce red or white.
No, flowers don't breed on the Island. :[
But they do breed on your towns beach. :]
Apparently you can get hybrids from villagers, but I'm pretty sure the villager has to have been given them at some point first. You can also ~somehow~ get a single hybrid from Leif on grass day. I believe that's only if you have too few weeds around town to warrant getting some flower furniture though. (which is much more worthwhile than a flower)

Last edited:
Where are my blue roses?
What am I doing wrong?

I have 2 towns. One in real time (October) bell bloom ordinance
2nd town ( mid Feb.) bell bloom ordinance.

I have the 2nd hybrid red roses planted in every section of both towns. I use fertilizer and water every single day!!!!!! I even have JLs planted near them.

I have even tried planting other rose combos --- nothing works.

I choose to have the bell bloom ordinance because I get more hybrids. In both towns, I've had the beautiful ordinance and I was lucky get 1 hybrid a day. With the bell ordinance I get 3 or 4 different types of hybrids.

What is your secret to success?

Last edited:

You cant tell them apart so I recommend using the beach or something to grow them...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Is there an official way to get blue roses? I'd heard red hybrid x red hybrid, but my best friend got one from a bunch of orange roses...

The way I got blue roses was

I made white and orange roses..

they made special red roses

Those together have a 5% chance to make blue roses

Don't be surprised if you end up with a lot of black roses... ask my friends about my patch of 70 something black roses.

- - - Post Merge - - -]

Going to answer these by the order you put them
1.You can make hybrids anywhere.
2.Its a rumor but never tested.. Most likely not
3.Dandelions irl are counted as weeds so no.
4.It depends on if they were got from a letter or made from a combo
5.Most likely.
6.I have done this with purple pansies and blue roses
7.No, this is where lazy people get sad

Last edited:
Wasn't even what I was asking...I was asking the formation of roses that's the most effective, not the formula...

That is the only way to breed them, that is why he listed the foruma on what is the most effecive way to make black roses.

edit: woops! should have relized you were a boy, after a girl would be a witch not a wizard ;)

Last edited:
You cant tell them apart so I recommend using the beach or something to grow them...

Does the beach work as well as grass? I have tried many times on my beach to spawn blue roses (blue blue) and even for the heck of it just yellow tulips. I have used fertilizer on the tulips and they never grow flowers... so is the grass more effective or i am just not being patient :p ?

- - - Post Merge - - -

no. What i do when hybrid roses spawn i either put them in my closet for later. After i make 5 or so i take them out and put the path of them somewhere safe (a.k.a no villagers will put there house there!)

Where are my blue roses?
What am I doing wrong?

I have 2 towns. One in real time (October) bell bloom ordinance
2nd town ( mid Feb.) bell bloom ordinance.

I have the 2nd hybrid red roses planted in every section of both towns. I use fertilizer and water every single day!!!!!! I even have JLs planted near them.

I have even tried planting other rose combos --- nothing works.

I choose to have the bell bloom ordinance because I get more hybrids. In both towns, I've had the beautiful ordinance and I was lucky get 1 hybrid a day. With the bell ordinance I get 3 or 4 different types of hybrids.

What is your secret to success?
It Might be difficult answering it in that order so I will tell you what I did.
they are a 5% chance of spawning if you don't have 2 to bread with
Ok my way.
I am going to make a guide on the 2 forbidden(what I call them)roses

I think they mean whether or not diagonally works best, or side by side, one behind the other, etc. I think that's what they mean.

Oh I sometimes do side by side,
but diagonal works better for some people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That is the only way to breed them, that is why she listed the foruma on what is the most effecive way to make black roses.

Yay, I have a person to help me.
I'm a boy BTW

Last edited:
I think they mean whether or not diagonally works best, or side by side, one behind the other, etc. I think that's what they mean.

oh, i see. People say that diagonally works best... but tbh i have a row of roses lining my path and those flowers breed like crazy ! just this morning i found two .-.

So for me i saw by one another.. but :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

http://bidoofcrossing.tumblr.com/post/51137777970/animal-crossing-new-leaf-hybrids

^^) also to help everyone, this site has a nice chart saying what flowers breed what color, i know there are more complicated questions but for flower colors this works nicely!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yay, I have a person to help me.
I'm a boy BTW

:3 hehe, glad i can help ^^) oops! just noticed why you mentioned you were a guy :S , i changed it!

Last edited:
Back