Any guesses which theme will rise to popularity with the 2.0 update?

I can see Japanese theme islands being popular as ever with bamboo fencing, the new torii gate, all the new Japanese food, etc.

Kidcore theme benefits a lot from new toys being added, froggy chair, the patchwork set, the new colour options on the fencing, etc.

If I had to guess I feel like everyone is immediately going to make massive farms, and then in a few weeks/months we will start to see a lot more varied themes.

I can see Japanese theme islands being popular as ever with bamboo fencing, the new torii gate, all the new Japanese food, etc.

i'm doing a feudel japanese island, based on the switch game ''okami'' for my 2nd island when i get my 2nd switch & i'm gonna need a few of that new torii gate ^^

Farmcore for sure will be one of the biggest styles with all the crops you can get soon but also I reckon forestcore will also be popular with the new massive vines. I am most likely looking to make my island forest themed/styled as soon as I saw the vines I knew I wanted them on my island.

I think fairycore will be the most popular as when i was playing 90% of the towns i used to visit had a house on their map fairycore style

Farmcore/Cottagecore, Japancore but I think they are already really popular. I will go with a ancient greece theme I guess

There seems to be a lot of new fun children's items, so maybe kiddie.

Hopefully with the return of some robo/science items, we'll see more futuristic or sci fi islands.

I think fairy and cottage/rustic themes will still be top, though.

If I can have my house look like a castle, then I'm going to go for fairy-tale-core theme. I would also like to be able to make my house look more Japanese. Right now I have an island with all Japanese/Zen-housed villagers and I'd like my home to match better.

I also wish the game included more Zen furniture since my villagers all use the same furniture pieces. A lot of bamboo hearths, modern shoji walls, zen cushions. I guess it makes sense since Zen style is kind of minimalist though.

Maybe I'm just an older millennial, but can someone explain why everything has to end in -core? :LOL:
Like, "this is my fairycore island" as opposed to "this is my fairy island"? And etc.

As for my actual answer to the question-- I don't think new themes will necessarily arise, just the ability to expand on them with new items. But I think rustic themed islands will stay in the lead especially with the new items, almost all the dream codes I see are somewhat rustic and rural.

Back