White Rose
Leif
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rebel Gnome
Red Lily
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Dino Plush
Vesta
For the longest time, I’ve been in denial about liking characters this way or seeing them like this. I still am embarrassed but I am starting to finally come to terms with it and be more open about it since I know there are many that have crushes on characters. I didn’t see a topic already about it, I just thought I’d start a thread and ask. :)

Feel free to go into detail about why you like them or just list; pictures are welcome too 🙂. I have a lot but I will start with my top 4 (can’t decide on who my #5 would be) and post again later.

So in December, when I first got FE3H, I initially was not interested in any of the characters by looking at their pictures (pre-timeskip), but oh boy after my first few playthroughs, my husbando list grew quite significantly 😅. Going to mention just one for now.

My top favorites switch spots constantly but right now they are the following
1. Hubert: I have the tendency to like cynical, anti-heroes, characters that spell bad ass all over them, and a bunch of serious characters too. I absolutely love Hubert’s cynicism/sardonicism and grim demeanor; frankly I love pretty much everything about him — even his loyalty to Edelgard. His voice actor does a phenomenal job with him too; high quality voice acting extra bonus. I think he is extremely handsome (timeskip; I didn’t care for his hairstyle before 😅. I still loved his character regardless. He is really harsh but as you build relationships up with him, he really is not a bad guy.
F167C3BD-1DBC-45A6-A1A7-B4DA14744632.jpeg

official artwork - not mine 🥰

2. Mihawk fron One Piece
I think he is very handsome, stylish, and honestly he doesn’t seem too bad of a guy to me. There is still a lot to learn about him. I did think he seemed a bit arrogant which normally bugs me but I really like him too much, then again, being as highly skilled as him, I guess that is to be expected maybe 🤔.

98E50C0F-0CD7-46E9-8ACE-9F11C8AE13CC.png

3. Zoro from One Piece
The fact he gets lost can be so funny and a little frustrating for me to watch (but I get lost easily too in games and irl 😅). But even with that flaw, I love him! He is handsome, has his heart in the right place and will protect those who look like they need help and his loyalty to his captain, and always striving to improve. 😊🥰

59CE4F11-26C8-4D5B-B26C-9DB161B99684.jpg

4. Levi - AOT: Hiroshi Kamiya just really does an amazing job with him. His voice and levi’s character and intensity always excites me. So handsome too 🥰 and kicks a lot of butt in combat. Irl, I’d be really intimidated by him since he doesn’t seem very approachable. But, I can’t help but like him the way he is. He’s just really cool!

I’d post a picture but I am not caught up so I am afraid of spoilers.

I also have a huge crush on Levi from Attack on Titan. I too am a little embarrassed to have a crush on a fictional character, seeing as I am an adult, but he's so awesome, I can't help it. XD And I agree, Hiroshi Kamiya's voice suits him so well.

I felt embarrassed for the longest time too, so I get you there! But it's all in good fun~ People should enjoy it and laugh about it and just generally be happy with it! <3

For me--I actually can narrow down to a #1... And I'm not even sure why?

For me, it's Alex Mercer from Prototype!
51529560_p24.jpg

The play style of the game isn't one I dig all too much but--well, I guess it's his style! Haha!

Oh god, I have a lot of crushes from anime and video games. For brevity's sake, I've left out a few and didn't include any of my crushes from otome games (because that alone would more than double this list, eheh), but let it be known that I do adore them too, ahaha~
I was embarrassed about it for a long time too, but it's not hurting anybody and they make me happy, so I do my best to embrace it now. c: So, in alphabetical order, because I'm the worst at picking favorites:

• Arthur D. Lawrence (Rune Factory 4)
Arthur's kind, hard-working, and intelligent; so I pretty much went for him straightaway when I first started RF4 Special and I don't regret it a bit. I think his love of cute things is really endearing, and I even share his love of glasses... well, to an extent, anyway. I don't think anybody could love glasses more than this man.
Arthur 1.png

• Kisuke Urahara (Bleach)
While he's a bit more pragmatic and cunning than some crushes of mine, his heart's in the right place and he's shown genuine remorse for his more questionable decisions. He's also incredibly smart and funny as all heck.
Kisuke 405.jpg

• Koby (One Piece)
Koby's really sweet and compassionate, and I've liked him ever since I was a teenager first getting started with One Piece. 🥺 He's brave and humble, and there's nothing I like more than someone who'll always stand up for what's right.
Coby 140.jpg

• Reedus Jonah (Fairy Tail)
He's a pretty painfully minor character, but I love Reedus all the same—he's shown to be an incredibly sweet person, and even though he can be rather timid, he's alway stands by his friends and guildmates when they're in danger.
Reedus 25.png

• Sylvando (Dragon Quest 11)
I think I can hardly be blamed for falling for Sylv—he's kind, clever, funny, charming, incredibly brave and chivalrous, and just wants to make people smile. And he's also ridiculously talented, because he didn't have enough going for him already.
sylvando.png

• Viktor Humphries (Slime Rancher)
Viktor's polite, intelligent, and shares my serious fondness for puns. He's adorably dorky, and even though he can get pretty caught up in his work, he's a sweet guy and cares about the environment above his studies.
ViktorHumphries.png

Please don't laugh lol - for now I'll post a couple of my video game crushes:

Knuckles the Echidna (as a kid, especially in SA2... but in retrospect, he's an animal so it's kinda weird now)
Cayde-6 (he's my Destiny husband ok, RIP)

I'll post more if I can think of anything else lol

Cayde-6.jpg

OMG this thread is going to show my age, but my fanlove is FOREVER! Please stop following me, other respectable adults. I'm ready to laugh at myself. XD
In no particular order:

1. The ones who started it all:

Mamoru Chiba / Tuxedo mask. I've had a thing for dark-haired princes ever since...
1619241046920.png
Or Link from Ocarina of Time:
1619243003993.png

2. Almost totally over it now, but the FF8 / 9 / 10 protags:
1619241310019.png

3. Himura Kenshin and Kakashi - who would win?
1619241752221.png

1619241903125.png

4. Howl. Though I would never swipe him from Sophie.
1619242405835.png

Honorable mentions, but too whiny / berserk / mundane to make the cut:
  • Fenris, Dragon Age 2
  • Kyouya Ootori, Ouran High School Host Club
  • Sesshoumaru, Inu Yasha
  • Too many folks in Bleach to choose from
I would say nowadays teens have it wayyyyy better. I was in Japan a few years ago when Free! and Haikyuu was a big deal and there were 2-story posters of those gorgeous athletes everywhere...

Last edited:
Ah! you all have such great taste! I'm not familiar with every character mentioned, but the ones I have, I like a lot too and can see why you all love them. Like Kakashi would be probably my top ten, though at one point he was in my number one. Squall is one of my top favorites too. I don't know where on the list since I like a lot of characters equally; they all have their charms.

I haven't watched a lot of Bleach or read much but there were a few characters I crushed on a bit. One was Kisuke and my number one from Bleach was Shunsui. I'd watch the series without hesitation had it been all about Shunsui and not Ichigo tbh.

Coby isn't one of my "husbandos" but, I do think he is adorable so I can see why he is loved. His character development too was really interesting.

I also like Caede, partially because Nathan Fillion voices over him and his character was interesting :). I don't know if I had a crush on him. I know i'd talk to him a lot and he was the only character I was interested in, in Destiny. Still, very good choice :D.

Forgot to say that Izaya Orihara is one of my favorites from Durarara and I may have had a crush on him too in spite of all the stuff he did. He was a really interesting character and also had a really great VA voicing him 🥰.

Last edited:
I honestly see no shame in having crushes on fictional characters, and if anything it makes a lot of people happier! I'm glad there's a post of this because I'm super excited to share mine. :D
To share my experience first, fictional characters are one of the things that made me realize I was bisexual. I know it sounds silly and childish but growing up, fiction made me more comfortable with who I was in real life. Like when I was young I found myself playing the male character in Harvest Moon just so I could marry a bachelorette because none of the bachelors were attractive to me (like in HM: DS, I courted Lumina haha). A lot of my fictional female crushes are also my comfort characters, they make me cozy and happy and I just want them to be happy :")

Anyway, back on topic, hopefully some of these characters are familiar to some people, but I'll put in spoilers where necessary so click on your own risk c:

1. Maki Harukawa from DRV3
AHHHH I just finished DRV3 and Maki is my absolute favorite among all of them. She's intelligent, cunning, mysterious, and strong, and the way she becomes flustered when they call her Maki Roll makes me so happy :") All I wanted from the game was for her to be happy, and I'm so glad she slowly warmed up to the characters in the game! Also to reveal her as the Ultimate Assassin makes her way cooler.

6aee3c75f6ff0d981ade230c713c8e08053e1884r1-1798-1781v2_hq.jpg

2. Ai Hayasaka from Love is War
Here is another girl who's absolutely strong, intelligent, and independent! She always gets the job done and her arc in the manga solidifies how much I love her, she deserves way better than how she used to be treated. I'm so glad she got her happy ending in the manga! She fought well and her new haircut is absolutely to die for, I can't wait for her new look to be animated!

maxresdefault.jpg

ax9Mz6n_460s.jpg

AHH LOOK AT HER NEW HAIRCUT she looks so good!

3. Ran Mitake from Bandori!
Honestly I love all the Afterglow kids, but if you asked me who I have a major crush on among the five, it's definitely Ran. I dunno, she's strong-willed and loves to fight anyone who puts her down, and her "itsumo doori" is really iconic! It's the specific card in the spoilers that made me realize that holy heck I love her. Thinking about her makes me happy, haha.

card_after_training.png

4. Ibara Mayaka from Hyouka
At this point you can probably tell I really like cunning and intelligent female leads, haha. I'm only halfway through Hyouka but I really love Mayaka! She seems like an interesting character and I love how sharp-tongued she can be. (Also you can tell based on my icon that I like her a lot hehe)

hyouka-episode-6-ibara-smirk.png

Well, that's it from me from the top of my head, I'm sure I have a lot more female crushes than this though haha! I always hope for more well-written female characters in animes, mangas, and video games, I love looking up to someone whenever I immerse myself in fiction and almost always I find myself gravitating towards female-led roles.

My two big anime crushes are Vegeta from DBZ and Sesshomaru from Inuyasha. I am old school with anime and those two are the ones I grew up with and are still to this day my all time favorites!

Ok, I'll share mine. I think it's natural to feel some attraction to fictional characters because they're often designed to be appealing.

Soushi Miketsukami from Inu x Boku
tumblr_ovzql6xw0O1vy2tgqo9_400.png
tumblr_mxxdhyNcgy1s7z47to1_1280.png

Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler
latest
722f7b716d1a4d8459bd68b1810ebf63.jpg

It doesn't hurt that both of these characters have amazing Japanese voice actors with voices that I find incredibly sexy.

Ahahha same most of my crushes are from otome games 🥲 i played so many of them it’s embarrassing, but on top of my head

Kent from amnesia
Saeki & shiraishi from collar x malice
Van helsing from code realize
Dante from piofiore
Gekkamaru from nightshade
Tei from nameless
Gavin from mr love queens choice
Iba & chikage from hakuouki
Kenshin from ikemen sengoku
Karasuba from psychedelica of the black butterfly
Waltz from cinderella phenomenon
And a few from indie games I don’t think many people know about haha

maki, shuichi, toko and kaede from danganronpa!
Erwin from aot
Taichi from chihayafuru
And a lot from mangas too but the list is getting too long 🤣

Aight time to embarrass myself!

6B168CCC-26D0-4D2B-AA6B-801AE91062EE.jpeg

Claude from Fire Emblem

51196F3D-104D-40EB-A2F2-502AAC9154EC.jpeg

Sylvando from Dragon Quest
3146488A-4D97-4344-878E-1DA506C08F03.png

Maya Fey from Ace Attorney

AADAF4BD-C9EA-4450-9279-11D6E393021F.jpeg

Emma from a Trails of Cold Steel

As you can tell from my profile pic, but All Might/Toshinori Yagi is my husband. I love him with all my heart, and no shame. I've definitely gotten some weird looks and questions as to why him of all people, but his personality is so vibrant and loving. I can't get enough.

PSX_20210327_195531.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot one earlier. I've probably forgotten a couple, but I'll add to the list if/when I remember them.

Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail
This one is more of an honorable mention as he gets a little too immature and hot-headed sometimes, mostly around Natsu. But otherwise, I love his character. Ironically, Juvia is my favorite human character from the series so the fact that she falls in love with Gray is kind of cool.
latest

Back