• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD WIFI WORKING. FC EXCHANGE!

acww98

ミ☆ 森 ミ☆
Bells
WILD WORLD WIFI CONNECTION, NO THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE REQUIRED

Here is an overall guide in video format to show you the process.

This person explains it very well. It worked for me and I've successfully gotten a Friend Code. :) If you see this and are interested in possibly playing WW online again, post your FC here!

____________________​

Here's what it looks like on Animal Crossing Wild World:

1.jpg
Here's where you change your Wi-Fi settings from the main menu, on the second options screen.

2.jpg
Once you get your Wi-Fi in order, scroll down and type in these DNS options. Test your connection, and it should work! You're basically done!

3.jpg
Hop on over to Copper in the Town Gates and get your Friend Code. Here's mine!

4.jpg
...and now you can use the Nintendo Connection normally! Look at the green bars!

5.jpg
My gates are open for the first time in years! Share your FCs in the comments so we can start visiting each other! :)

If you have any questions about how to set it up for you, then feel free to ask.

(most recent post edit: added pictures!)

Last edited:
This is really cool, I will definitely give this a try sometime (this should be a pinned thread!)! :eek: I will definitely need to track down a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection USB Adapter though so I have a WEP capable connection without having to compromise my main router (since WEP is a really weak encryption algorithm). I think this breakthrough definitely could have the potential of revitalizing the Wild World community to a degree (nothing super crazy, but I could see a group of players on here doing stuff)! :)

Would anyone be willing to come to my town? I would really like Nookington's

Whoa blast from the past, my first AC game! Back when I had no idea what wifi was lol. I'd definitely try this if I still had my copy, thanks for the info!

Would anyone be willing to come to my town? I would really like Nookington's

Totally! If you have an FC already just msg it to me and I'll add you the next time I'm on. :)

still looking for people to try this with, btw! <3 I check this thread pretty frequently.

I would like to try this later, doubt my WiFi would let me thou. I do have one question.

Should I do this on my XL or the lite?

I would like to try this later, doubt my WiFi would let me thou. I do have one question.

Should I do this on my XL or the lite?

I've only attempted this on my DS Lite. According to the video it's viable on both, but I know the DS Lite features better.

Good to see some ol? acww fans! I?ve had so much nostalgia playing Wi-Fi on this game! :)

whoa that's neat! i need to get nookington's at some point with this :)

Do you want to play today? I am available for 3/4 more hours, then I work for 6 hours and can play again and sunday i work until like 1900 gmt +1

hi i tried this and it wouldn't even let me add in my internet lol, i couldn't even get to the first step haha. It might only work for the Americas maybe, because it yeeted my Australian connection directly into the garbage

Back