Animal Crossing: New Horizon is not a console game!

You continue to be rude. I'm hoping you are not an adult with that attitude. It such a simple solution because getting a working gamecube is so easy much less finding all the cables require or...you know the fact that those cables don't work with modern TV. No I guess you didn't thought about all that before you went on to tell people what to do with their money huh?

Not to mention, no where did I say I didn't like New Horizon. I said New Horizon is not a fully feature console game because its missing feature from the original console game. I have the right to express my disappointment especially as a long time AC fans and probably even longer than yourself.

It like telling Pokemon fans to get over themselves because Sword and Shield has to much cut content!

My age and time in this community has nothing to do with how you're just complaining about a game not being perfect for you. Yes, there's cut content and changes. oh. well.

Almost every game cuts and changes from the previous games in the series, that's just how it works. I'm not trying to be rude when I tell you not to buy New Horizons, I'm just saying if you don't like it there's not much you can do about it. and if you do like it then buy it! and I hope you enjoy it! You just seemed awfully negative in your original post so :confused:

I'm amazed at the number of complaint threads that have started since the publication of reviews. 92% favorable rating average on Open Critic, with a 100% recommendation score--yet so many AC fans who haven't played the game yet are anxious and setting themselves up to be disappointed. By all means, voice your opinions, but be aware that there are many of us just watching and scratching our heads wondering what in the world you're talking about. The reviews have all been raves, but there seems to be so many people reacting as if Nintendo gave us nothing more than a lazy port of a game that wasn't very good in the first place.

If I have my old account, you would realize these three things were my only worry for New Horizon or whatever it was call back then. And those three things are the only thing I ever wanted for an AC game. At least as a base or staple of the game. This really has nothing to do with the review. The review have been all positive but these three features are still missing.

It like this the game is going to be very fun like every other AC game but your town will never be full because there are only 10 animal villagers total. Your map will never feel like it much bigger than previous games that were on a tiny handheld (DS and 3DS). The feeling of emptyness will still reside. That doesn't change no matter how great the game is because more villagers simply mean you're not working alone on your island most of the time.

i find posts like these funny because they are solely negative - if you don't like how the game looks at surface level, you are not obliged to play :) if you like the way gamecube looks, play that one! it's great! i think that new horizons is something you have to experience for yourself first in order to judge before complaining about what is or isn't included - you might be surprised! even if they don't include something that you personally were hoping for, they might have new features that you will absolutely love!

I'm not a troll, I been here for 4 years hence my note at the beginning of my post. I even played New Leaf with a few members on here and sold several villagers as well.

I'm not talking about content, I'm talking about map size and animal villagers size. Those things will never be in any update. There is no update where the patch read "increase animal villagers numbers" or "increase map size". It simply won't happen.

So you're essentially saying, "The game doesn't have a giant map and more than 10 villagers, therefore it is a bad game. Doesn't matter what else it has." I'm sorry, but that's a very flawed argument.

I don't wanna get burnt again like what happened to Pokemon

Fair enough. I adore Pokemon and had a great time with Sword and Shield. If I weren't itching for New Horizons, I'd probably still be having a great time with Sword and Shield--I look forward to the upcoming expansion passes. Even though I had a lot of fun with the newest release, I think Game Freak should be listening. A lot of the criticism was very apt. The anxiety over New Horizons seems very different than the situation with Pokemon.

Haha I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have the rude/mean personality back seeing that it's prevalent on the forums and our daily lives. Although, I'm sure the game wouldn't be as refreshing and/or calming for those who have to deal with those kind of people in their daily life. I wouldnt want to ruin their escape from that nightmare :lemon:

Last edited:
Fair enough. I adore Pokemon and had a great time with Sword and Shield. If I weren't itching for New Horizons, I'd probably still be having a great time with Sword and Shield--I look forward to the upcoming expansion passes. Even though I had a lot of fun with the newest release, I think Game Freak should be listening. A lot of the criticism was very apt. The anxiety over New Horizons seems very different than the situation with Pokemon.

Off topic as heck here, but oh lord I can't wait for the DLC for Sword/Shield. Absolutely love Pokemon Shield, shame ACNH came around to take my time away from it haha

Haha I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have the rude/mean personality back seeing that it's prevalent on the forums and our daily lives. Although, I'm sure the game wouldn't be as refreshing and calming to people if the rude people that are in their daily lives followed them into their escape game :lemon:

I only got to play NL, what were the rude/mean villagers like? TuT

My age and time in this community has nothing to do with how you're just complaining about a game not being perfect for you. Yes, there's cut content and changes. oh. well.

Almost every game cuts and changes from the previous games in the series, that's just how it works. I'm not trying to be rude when I tell you not to buy New Horizons, I'm just saying if you don't like it there's not much you can do about it. and if you do like it then buy it! and I hope you enjoy it! You just seemed awfully negative in your original post so :confused:

I didn't even notice your time and that doesn't matter, never has or whether you are new to AC or not.

I'm not complaining about cut contents or change because those will be updated throughout the life cycle of the game. If I were, I would be complaining about holidays and other things. I'm literally complaining about the exact opposite, how there is no change compare to New Leaf. Still the same amount of animal villagers and map is still around the same size with the addition of the beach/sand being more useable.

I am negative because I been waiting for this game for a very long time. New Leaf was great but had the worst animal personality out of all AC games which is literally the reason I fell in love with this franchise. Not to mention I would get the GC version if I could. If the Switch release the GC version on the eshop, I would buy it instantly but it is not.

Off topic as heck here, but oh lord I can't wait for the DLC for Sword/Shield. Absolutely love Pokemon Shield, shame ACNH came around to take my time away from it haha

It's funny, but when New Leaf came out I played knowing that come that October when Pokemon X and Y came out, I'd be ignoring my New Leaf town to explore the Kalos region. Now I have the opposite scenario--putting Pokemon aside for Animal Crossing.

they used to straight up call the players "fat bloated idiot"s. It was pretty brutal...

I've heard that in Japan, Wild World villagers were the meanest tho :eek:

LMAO OMHYOMGOSd im screaming. would love for a comeback. i know that's totally not possible tho. hilariously brutal stuff tho

Last edited:
Sigh...once the game comes out for me going to spend some time away for the negatively vibe that is started to come about...rl stuff is getting too real here and people are nuts over limit of villagers. Just sigh

8p30cibyrth01.jpg

krmq8a5j0pe21.jpg

7u4a4xrunk531.png

Found this on the internet and it's the least you can expect :p

Last edited:
i find posts like these funny because they are solely negative - if you don't like how the game looks at surface level, you are not obliged to play :) if you like the way gamecube looks, play that one! it's great! i think that new horizons is something you have to experience for yourself first in order to judge before complaining about what is or isn't included - you might be surprised! even if they don't include something that you personally were hoping for, they might have new features that you will absolutely love!

I feel people misunderstand me. I'm not talking about the positive because I am talking about the missing features that were available in the original GC game which was a real console like what the Switch is. If I talk about all the good and bad things, the post would be far too long and no one would ever bother to read it.

I never said I didn't like the way the game look, I said I want the game to have the missing features that the original animal game has. One of the features is being replace by human friends instead of animal friends. Basically screwing over the single player portion for people who play alone.

It literally impossible to play the GC version without a GC and not to mention those cables don't work with modern TV since they are extremely outdated. Not to mention the game are even more overprice on top of that.

I love a lot of the new features and I think its going to be a great but those three fears I have will not be address. If I didn't love Animal Crossing, I simply wouldn't be a member on here. I could write the same thing on reddit or gamefaqs board instead.

i think lonewanderer is clearly a fan of the series and doesnt mean any harm with expressing their disappointment, but I do think we should all just relax a little. Keep in mind this is a pretty big transitional period where we went from having very little information and letting our minds wander with our own expectations to receiving a ton of new information very quickly. There are going to be things we wanted/hoped/expected that simply wont be there that is the nature of being a fan, but at the same time there will definitely be new experiences and additions that we probably didn't even know we wanted.

Sigh...once the game comes out for me going to spend some time away for the negatively vibe that is started to come about...rl stuff is getting too real here and people are nuts over limit of villagers. Just sigh

This forum definitely has the most negativity about this game that I’ve seen compared to reddit and twitter. The game’s not even out yet and the amount of concern over this game being “unfinished” and unpolished on here is insane

Back