• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Animal Crossing: New Horizon is not a console game!

To each their own but as a way to fix it, why not give us an automatic to do list on our Nook's phone the moment a villager ask you for something?

I guess you are playing this game like most people. I am lonely, this game keep me distracted from the real world and so I see AC as a coping mechanism and the more villagers in my town, the more merrier and full it feel. For people that aren't lonely then I guess 10 Villagers is more than enough.

less villagers means that you will have so much more time to develop higher levels of friendship with your neighbours, and you can always go to the different islands with nook miles and meet tons of animals and invite them back. you might end up loving it despite your initial disappointment. and this game is made for a general public - there will always always always be people disappointed for some reason or other (like, there are some things i wish were different!!), but it's a game and it's made for enjoyment! remember that you will not truly be able to know until you actually play!

(also if you go into this game with premeditated disappointment, you might not have the best experience!!!)

Last edited:
I guess this isn`t a game for you then. Atleast it will save you some money. Its a matter of what your looking for. I don`t care much for the multiplayer aspect, but with the addition of so much customization, including terraforming, I feel this game is more suited for single players than New Leaf. But thats based on what I find desirable in an Animal Crossings game. I guess for you its different.

Of course its a game for me, every AC game is a game for me. I don't care about saving money, it only 60 bucks.

You see the name of the current villagers you have in your NL town? Now let add 6 to 8 more dreamie into your town without replacing your current 10.

I will agree with you in that if I had my preferences, there'd be enough animal villagers in town to fill a New York City apartment block. I love my animal neighbors--the more the merrier.

Sigh, the OP isn't mad about the game or don't want it or anything like that, im pretty sure they're afraid of feeling lonely on a small island again similarly in NL, it's more of a personal issue/fear and I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm sure there will be lots of enjoyment and fulfillment with villagers and friends you'll make here too.

If I’m being fair, the negativity in 4chan is much worse if I’m being honest sooo many people saying doom posters/cope...it’s sad to see, even worse when it got data-mined, there’s a reason it has its ‘legacy’ of being the worse, especially since its Anonymous and no one can be tracked...

I haven't looked at 4chan since the fake pastebin and I don't know what doomposters/cope means, but the last time I looked it seems a lot of them were surprisingly into the game and wanting to play. They just can't show too much excitement cuz that's lame right lol - hafta be apathetic about everything to be cool :rolleyes:

(Don't let them making fun of us get to you. They laugh at everyone, even themselves.)

less villagers means that you will have so much more time to either develop higher levels of friendship with your neighbours and you can always go to the different islands with nook miles and meet tons of animals and invite them back. you might end up loving it despite your initial disappointment. and this game is made for a general public - there will always always always be people disappointed for some reason or other (like, there are some things i wish were different!!), but it's a game and it's made for enjoyment! remember that you will not truly be able to know until you actually play!

That assuming the animal villagers personality isn't as water-down and generic as New Leaf was. That game had lot of features but it felt "souless". You can invite animals back but your town will only have 10 animal houses and 10 animal villagers at most.

No I know for a fact that I will enjoy this game more than New Leaf because all three complaints I have with this game was in New Leaf as well. The biggest addition to me is having furniture outside as it makes the world feel more alive. That alone makes it better than New Leaf. But my disappointment will still remain the same. At its core, it will be no different from New Leaf.

Sigh, the OP isn't mad about the game or don't want it or anything like that, im pretty sure they're afraid of feeling lonely on a small island again similarly in NL, it's more of a personal issue/fear and I'm sorry you feel that way.

I'm sure there will be lots of enjoyment and fulfillment with villagers and friends you'll make here too.

I disagree, the title and OP say otherwise.

I disagree, the title and OP say otherwise.

I agree that those are different, but based off of their replies, they constantly keep mentioning their fear and lonely a lot so this is just from my observations

If you are a single-player like myself, you will not be able to make use of every feature added in NH. The development of the single player contents have been limited because of the focus on online multiplayer. Something that did not happen in the original GC: AC. New Horizon should have been bigger than the GC version because it a more powerful home console.

What single-player content do you feel has been limited in New Horizons?

I also think you have to remember you put the title of "New Horizon is not a console game" which is a clickbait title. My initial reaction was: Oh. Ok. I guess Animal Crossing Wild World isn't a console game either since you only have 8 animal villagers in that game. Then I realize that might not have been a fair reaction and I wanted to let you have the benefit of the doubt. :)

Thank you! You are the first person to understand me. And someone I would like to be friend with! I don't get why people don't understand this and say "if you don't like it, don't buy it, or simply it isn't for you". I bought WW and NL and put so many hours in both of those games. WW help me through extremely dark time. Whitney the Wolf was mean to me and it made her feel human, and when she finally accepted me, it felt special! It a feeling you don't get in NL where all the villagers are nice to you for no reason.

But even then, I spend most of my time in WW and NL alone. There only so much dialogues each villagers has per day. An extra 6 to 8 more villagers will give me more playtime. But WW and NL couldn't get more than 8 to 10 villagers while the Switch can handle at least 18 considering those 8 are being replace by friend's houses.

I haven't looked at 4chan since the fake pastebin and I don't know what doomposters/cope means, but the last time I looked it seems a lot of them were surprisingly into the game and wanting to play. They just can't show too much excitement cuz that's lame right lol - hafta be apathetic about everything to be cool :rolleyes:

(Don't let them making fun of us get to you. They laugh at everyone, even themselves.)

Oh they weren’t getting to me at all xD

doom/cope posters are people divided into two groups and made it very simple

Doom/negative: things have been removed, it ain’t ac anymore, I’m refunding my copy, go back to older games and so fourth
Cope/positive: basically people that are optimistic, saying it will be added later, won’t refund the game, supports the developers

The basic yin/yang

I wouldn’t go back with how bad it’s gotten >->

Its not a console game because it literally an updated New Leaf with better graphics and some quality of life improvement. There a reason why Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess is a much bigger game than any DS or 3DS offering.

bro what do you even mean? this game is no where near anything like new leaf. the amount of life added to villagers, the amount of character customization, the fact we have LAYERS (something new leaf did not have) and OUTDOOR FURNITURE (also something new leaf did not have) and a PATH CREATOR (another thing new leaf did not have) already completely make it a new game, and that's not even hitting underneath the surface of the differences. you seem like you literally know nothing about this game so perhaps look at all the streams and youtube videos going around from people who got the game early and are actually playing it.

edit: i dont understand why people want mean villagers back so much. like i also thing its a cool addition, but it's not going to give all the villagers "life". the fact that they actually change clothing, have different walk speeds, eat food, wear accessories, sit down, and do little tasks inside and outside give them more than enough life. it's extremely difficult to make a dev team dedicate all of its time to just villagers, something that has been a staple in every game. let's face it, the fact that there's villagers isn't gonna be what sells the game to new potential players who've never played an animal crossing game, but the entirely new features will. i feel like even if the dialogue may not have truly been updated from past games, the fact that villagers have a life outside of us it what makes them so much better.

Last edited:
so your thought process is new horizons isn’t a console game because it’s just an updated new leaf? make it make sense, please.

like some people are also saying, even tho there's 10 villagers, many reviews all say the villagers are a lot more lifelike and engaging when interacting and talking with them so im sure the experiences and relationships with them will be worthwhile. lots more to do with them and for them too

Lol I say we give it a chance, we've only seen snipets from reviewers and even they aren't allowed to tell us everything yet. I'm choosing to be hopeful because the AC series has been my favorite since I was five years old. I'm looking forward to being able to place furniture outside and to basically re-arrange my landscape so that it caters to what I prefer.

so your thought process is new horizons isn’t a console game because it’s just an updated new leaf? make it make sense, please.

City Folk isn't a console game because it's an updated port of Wild World �� :p

Last edited:
i think what OP means does not quite correlate with the original post or title. i believe that, essentially, if you go into this game harboring disappointment, you will be disappointed, and if you look on the bright side and let yourself get excited for the new features, you'll have more fun. it's really up to personal experience. and it's a game produced for the general public, so they will not cater to everyone's specific requests
anyways it comes out soon and it looks beautiful and i'm excited :)

Last edited:
What single-player content do you feel has been limited in New Horizons?

I also think you have to remember you put the title of "New Horizon is not a console game" which is a clickbait title. My initial reaction was: Oh. Ok. I guess Animal Crossing Wild World isn't a console game either since you only have 8 animal villagers in that game. Then I realize that might not have been a fair reaction and I wanted to let you have the benefit of the doubt. :)

I agree the title probably wasn't the best. It does feel like clickbait but it wasn't my intention. I wanted to get my message clear and across because I been waiting for a console AC game for a very very long time because I believe it would fix my biggest grip with the handheld AC and alas it did not.

I agree the title probably wasn't the best. It does feel like clickbait but it wasn't my intention. I wanted to get my message clear and across because I been waiting for a console AC game for a very very long time because I believe it would fix my biggest grip with the handheld AC and alas it did not.

But, what single-player content do you feel has been limited in New Horizons? Just the villager limit? Or other things?

bro what do you even mean? this game is no where near anything like new leaf. the amount of life added to villagers, the amount of character customization, the fact we have LAYERS (something new leaf did not have) and OUTDOOR FURNITURE (also something new leaf did not have) and a PATH CREATOR (another thing new leaf did not have) already completely make it a new game, and that's not even hitting underneath the surface of the differences. you seem like you literally know nothing about this game so perhaps look at all the streams and youtube videos going around from people who got the game early and are actually playing it.

edit: i dont understand why people want mean villagers back so much. like i also thing its a cool addition, but it's not going to give all the villagers "life". the fact that they actually change clothing, have different walk speeds, eat food, wear accessories, sit down, and do little tasks inside and outside give them more than enough life. it's extremely difficult to make a dev team dedicate all of its time to just villagers, something that has been a staple in every game. let's face it, the fact that there's villagers isn't gonna be what sells the game to new potential players who've never played an animal crossing game, but the entirely new features will. i feel like even if the dialogue may not have truly been updated from past games, the fact that villagers have a life outside of us it what makes them so much better.

I didn't mention any of the stuff in your first paragraph because I am only talking about the three missing features from this game. I want mean Villagers back because mean villagers are real. It make the world feel real just like in real life, you have nice and you have mean neighbors. Villagers who are always nice to you is boring. Mean villagers insult are funny and laugher is the best medicine for sadness. I rather laugh then cry, and laughing is good medicine. Plus mean villagers channel my emotion better because I would either A) hate them or B) want to change them into liking me. It give me incentive to either be mean to them or slowly change them to my liking. I'm not saying have no nice villagers but there need to be a balance unlike New Leaf. My favorite part of WW was literally talking to the villagers every day something I completely ignore in NL.

Back