• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

Can be a shop item since Cyrus customizes everything you can't, as long as it has a variation at all.
Yeah I suppose that would make more sense. I just hope they add more new furniture diys. Who knows it maybe just new items being added to the Nook Cranny's shop and of course with the Happy Home Designer.

Well it's about time! A lot of it is returning stuff that should have been in the game a long time ago, but it's nice to also see some new stuff. I think it's been about half a year since I played ACNH, so it's nice to have a reason to play again. So much for Tortimer being dead. I'm a little disappointed that Nookington's isn't coming back, but I guess Nook's Cranny already has more of everything except furniture. Hooray for finally allowing us to get around color-locked items without being forced to trade. Hopefully we can still mash our way out of Kapp'ns songs.

I'm going pre order that new game.. I need to buy so many cards for my wife
4D7A71DB-7B7B-45CD-9631-12109669B1D6.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

new spots, new encounters
[ the roost ]
- brewster can be found in the museum
- brewster serves coffee for 200 bells a cup
- npcs might visit sporadically
- invite amiibo characters, who might bring friends
- invite other island reps to coffee with you

[ kapp'n ]
- kapp'n can be found at the dock
- offers tours at 1,000 nook miles per trip
- tour islands include different seasons, different times of day, and an island with new bushes and climbing vines/weeds(?).
- these tour islands can have meteor showers separate from your island. make a wish!

[ harv's island ]
- donate bells to open npc shops, including, but maybe not limited to:
- saharah
- kicks
- redd(?)
- leif
- reese & cyrus [ customize any furniture that cannot be customized at the diy bench ]
- katrina [ fortune shop ]
- tortimer [ seems to be a storage facility ]
- harriet [ will teach 7 new hairstyles ! ]

nook inc island support
[ plaza & resident center ]
- group yoga [ villagers, npcs and other island reps can participate; can use motion controls ]
- island ordinances [ beautiful island, early bird, night owl, bell boom - more info here - edit, forgot link, sorry! want to provide for new players. ]
- new house exterior options through tom nook
- expand storage to 5,000 [ three expansions ]
- 12 new kk slider songs [ including kk break and kk polka ]

[ nook miles ]
- island life 101 [ provides tips on what to do next; delivery settings? ]
- be a chef diy set [ learn to cook! ]
- pro camera app [ first person view, tripod ' first person' view ]
- pro decorating license [ hang ceiling furniture, accent walls ]
- custom fencing in a flash [ paint fences ]
- new reactions notebook [ 11; includes, but not limited to: double wave, stretch, dancing, listening, say cheese ]
- pro construction license [ increase bridges and inclines placed to 10 ]
- custom designs patterns+ [ use sable's patterns anywhere you can use custom designs ]
- top 4 fab hairstyles

[ general island life updates ]
- crops ! [ wheat, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, sugar cane ( and more, supposedly! ) ]
- nine new fences [ park, block, corrugated iron, large lattice, log wall, bamboo slats, green bamboo, log ( harv's fence ), frozen ]
- new nook miles items
- outdoor storage shed that connects to home storage; can be placed anywhere
- abd machine
- music boxes
- gyroids [ can be customized; need to be dug up, planted, and watered; gyroid fragments can be placed ]
- ceiling decor aand other items available at nook's [ including amazing machine and froggy chair ]
- wooden ladder set-up kit [ permanent ladders; can be customized, 2000 bells ]
- shimmy through narrow spaces, finally
- home invites! [ villagers invite you over, and visit your home ]

paid dlc content follows
$24.99 USD - preorders on 10.29; can be bought separately or as expansion pack
[ happy home paradise ]
- talk to orville to go to work
- create dream homes for various villagers
- use amiibos to invite villagers and other npcs to create vacation homes for them
- build facilities, such as a school, restaurant and hospital
- follow designers you like with online

[ back at home ]
- partitions, counters, pillars, lighting and soundscapes can be used at home
- polishing items is possible
- gift villagers souvenirs such as chocolate to entice them into getting a vacation home
- suggest remodels to your residents after enough remodels done at the archipelago

[ misc ]
- ranch set is back
- patchwork set makes a return, though it looks less fluffy
- partition walls
- counters with various heights
- support pillars
- lighting color and brightness scales
- soundscapes
- polish items for new effects [ eg butterflies around flower vases ]
- other new furniture purchased with poki [ earned by decorating houses; includes schefflera ]
- AND THEY WERE ROOMMATES

- new amiibo cards, new villagers ! [ 48 cards -- 8 new, 8 remodeled, + the 8 introduced at the beginning of nh; all other cards are npcs; can be seen here ]
Holy crap bro.. So much.. I need a year vacation just to get through half the list.

I’m curiousβ€” if this is the last free MAJOR update, and Nintendois only doing one paid DLC, will they not add anything opposite Brewster in the museum? I’m curious, because Nintendo generally loves symmetry, but I guess in this case, we will have to settle with one bench and the Roost.

I never lost my love for the game, and I know I said several times in the past that I didn’t need anything added to the game. But even if I may not have needed to have these new features, I am over the moon about them and cannot wait to experience all this new stuff. Now I am going to have to tear down a bunch of my island in preparation. I don’t even know what to be most excited about yet, need to watch the video a dozen more times.

I am so glad to have a good excuse to come back here too -
In fact, lately I was feeling relieved to have gotten my daily play time down to only about an hour per day, and to be spending less time on the forum, bringing my net animal crossing time down to a manageable level.

well that is ruined now, so RIP all my other projects. But I can’t wait!!

and guys, I am so so happy for all of your who had your dreams for the game fulfilled!!!πŸ₯°

I never lost my love for the game, and I know I said several times in the past that I didn’t need anything added to the game. But even if I may not have needed to have these new features, I am over the moon about them and cannot wait to experience all this new stuff. Now I am going to have to tear down a bunch of my island in preparation. I don’t even know what to be most excited about yet, need to watch the video a dozen more times.

I am so glad to have a good excuse to come back here too -
In fact, lately I was feeling relieved to have gotten my daily play time down to only about an hour per day, and to be spending less time on the forum, bringing my net animal crossing time down to a manageable level.

well that is ruined now, so RIP all my other projects. But I can’t wait!!

and guys, I am so so happy for all of your who had your dreams for the game fulfilled!!!πŸ₯°
I completely agree. I didn't feel like I was missing anything in NH, but I am (happily) overwhelmed with the thought of all these new features! πŸ₯°

All of the paid DLC content was a complete surprise, and the thought of decorating vacation homes and one day helping to remodel my own villagers homes makes me so happy! And adding partitions/pillars is exciting, and growing vegetables, and boating with Kapp'n, and really just everything!☺

I am walking around my island now, figuring out what needs to go before the update and DLC!

ooh!!! looks exciting. I'm hoping the fence and path features shown in the Happy Homes mode are made available on your own island. (it wasn't clear to me that this feature would be available there!) I'm also super happy about counters and walls -- I've always struggled with placing the right kind of table to put my stuff on.

And white picket fences?! I've wanted those!!!

I can't be the only one excited for the accent walls!? What an AMAZING edition! I'm stoked! It'll be super fun decorating my home now, especially with the ceiling items! ^^

FROGGIE CHAIR MAKIN' A COMEBACK?! YOO! I saw it in the Direct and was like... πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

Super excited for all the content! I showed my older brother and he's pretty satisfied too! We're both really hyped for it! When I saw the Happy Home DLC thing I was pretty surprised! Can't say I didn't see it coming but.. Wasn't expecting it so soon, y'know? :0

ALSO! NEW VILLAGERS! Cephalobot is my favorite amongst them. I also like Sasha and Shino ^^

So for the Happy Home DLC, do we know if there is like a certain amount of villagers you can design for? Like is there a max number of resort homes you can have set up at a time or do you set up a home and then they stay there temporarily? I didn't play the previous Happy Home separate game so idk how it typically works lol. I only want to use it to have some homes for some villagers that I can't fit on my island lol.

I have so many nook miles I could wipe everything in one sweep πŸ—Ώ

I stopped playing for 1 year and 3 months (according to Ankha) but I hardly use my miles and now I can go with Kappn for a few hundred rounds. Glad I saved them!

Another question / thought : I wonder if you are able to trade or gift the furniture or items you get through HHP to players who don't have the paid dlc? Thinking yes... Like all things in NH but I could be wrong. πŸ€”

So for the Happy Home DLC, do we know if there is like a certain amount of villagers you can design for? Like is there a max number of resort homes you can have set up at a time or do you set up a home and then they stay there temporarily? I didn't play the previous Happy Home separate game so idk how it typically works lol. I only want to use it to have some homes for some villagers that I can't fit on my island lol.

In HHD, you could design for every villager that was in base NL (excluding the new Welcome Amiibo update villagers) plus all of the NPCs that were given amiibos for series 1-4 of the AC amiibos/the AC amiibo figures, plus there were some free downloadable villagers that you could design for. It didn't matter that there was only x number of squares on the map like the one you can see in this new Direct trailer. You could pick each square multiple times if you wanted so you could have that same terrain/land layout. There was also designing other buildings like a school, a hospital, shops, etc that are also in the upcoming DLC.

I am assuming we will get to make houses for literally every NH villager (including Sanrio, if you have the amiibo to scan them) and all NPCs that have amiibo (which you would also have to scan). The regular NH villagers you probably can get all of without scanning, like you could get all regular villagers in HHD. You just might have to wait until you unlock a particular villager if you don't have their amiibo. Scanning their amiibo would probably, just like HHD, let you design their house sooner.

In HHD, you could design for every villager that was in base NL (excluding the new Welcome Amiibo update villagers) plus all of the NPCs that were given amiibos for series 1-4 of the AC amiibos/the AC amiibo figures, plus there were some free downloadable villagers that you could design for. It didn't matter that there was only x number of squares on the map like the one you can see in this new Direct trailer. You could pick each square multiple times if you wanted so you could have that same terrain/land layout. There was also designing other buildings like a school, a hospital, shops, etc that are also in the upcoming DLC.

I am assuming we will get to make houses for literally every NH villager (including Sanrio, if you have the amiibo to scan them) and all NPCs that have amiibo (which you would also have to scan). The regular NH villagers you probably can get all of without scanning, like you could get all regular villagers in HHD. You just might have to wait until you unlock a particular villager if you don't have their amiibo. Scanning their amiibo would probably, just like HHD, let you design their house sooner.
I very much appreciate you talking about these specifics, as I never played the previous HHD game and am really curious about this. What I wonder though is that the map for the new HHP shows an icon of the villager whose house is designed already in the given dot/block, which suggests it’s filled (in the video by Eloise and Maddie, I think) and so if that’s the case there would be a max of 49 homes that can be designed. Was this how it looked in the previous game, with icons in a spot that could still be filled?

There was so much new and returning furniture in the DLC section. :love: This is going to take care of the lack of furniture for this game and then some. Yes, Nook's Cranny isn't getting an upgrade, but you can buy new rare furniture at the resort. Plus there's some new furniture at Nook's that's going to be available. And there's going to be all those shops at Harvey's island. We'll get a bunch of more permanent shopping choices without making everyone have to rescape their islands to fit them. The video had sections where Leif was in the plaza after the section showing him at the RV, so I'm thinking there might be days where the NPCs still visit the island if you don't feel like going to Harvey's island to shop. I've never cared for gyroids much, but the designs look fantastic in this game, and the customization for them is so cool. With the new paid DLC, you'll have so much more decorating to do even if you've decided on the final layout of your island and don't want to change it.

I'm super excited about the crops and cooking, too. The cooked foods were so adorable, I'm eager to see everyone incorporate those into their outdoor dining areas on their island. I'm loving the fields of crops, too. I already have my island as a country sort of place so that is going to fit perfectly. I also have a big fair area where I put my extra diys, and some of the new furniture they showed will look great in a fair. There's a lot of pretty flower items like the pergolas and flower beds, the new bushes, and the cool greenish plants that put out little glowing spores when you step on them. I'm especially excited about the vines. I have a lot of cliffs in my village because I love waterfalls, but the cliffs look so stark right now, the vines will really help with that. It looks like two vines next to each other naturally function as ladders, because it showed you climbing them at a random Kapp'n Mystery Island. Later on in the video it showed you climbing the vines on your island, too, as well as the differently colored and shaped permanent ladders that suggest the permanent ladders will have good customization. I'm also really happy that I can just stick a storage shed by parts of the island I'm redoing instead of going back and forth to my house a zillion times.

I'm glad Brewster's back. He's so calming somehow, as is Kapp'n singing, and it will be soothing doing the yoga exercises with my villagers.
Being able to go to islands with any season means I won't have to keep a bunch of snowflakes, cherry blossoms etc. in storage in case I want to make more seasonal items at different times of the year. That alone would really help with the storage situation, but 5,000 storage is fantastic.

Ordinances! I usually play the game at night, and am so glad that I can change my town to Night Owl so I don't miss the hours for the shops.

I'm also glad for the uses of the Amiibo cards, since I already have a good collection. I'm not super into taking pictures, so I'm happy to see another use for the NPC cards at Brewster's and in the paid DLC. It will make having more villager cards useful, too. There are some villagers like Flora that I think it would be fun to base a vacation house around even if I she wasn't quite able to scrape past the competition and be one of my 10 permanent villagers. The designs for the new villagers are top notch. I was hoping for either new villagers or returning villagers, but it looks like we'll get a new and returning villager for each personality.

Back