• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

An Original Composition

sounds great!! did you make this with real instruments or did you use a midi keyboard and do this on a DAW software? (sorry if this is a dumb question, i'm not a musician but would love to learn how to produce.)

did you make this with real instruments
I used some sort of keyboard that allows you to record I think 3 or 4 tracks. I essentially play each instrument (the guitar, the drums, the organ) one at a time. Every time I record a new instrument, the others play back to me in real time as I play. That's why the instruments are not perfectly on beat because, you know, human error by a slight second or so. 😅

For some reason though, that keyboard did not allow you to record pitch sliding, so in that particular song, I played that instrument live as I recorded the song off my cellphone. 🎹📈📉 If you listen closely, you can hear the organ fluctuating. That's me wiggling the slider knob the whole time. Regrettably, I sold that keyboard some time later. Man, I miss that note sliding wheel it had. 🙃

Back