• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Amiibo to switch

acornavenue

Bells
Switch
1192-7505-8618
New Horizons Token
Pear (Fruit)
I still play acnl on my ds and i was thinking of getting amiibo cards. But i dont want to waist getting them if they wont work on switch. Whata your opinion?

I am still getting them or planning on it just for the sake of collecting; if they work in Animal Crossing for the Switch, then that is just a plus for me.

Last edited:
I hope so because I was planning on getting some also and that would be great if they worked for switch. I would assume so since they already have a good amount made. Idk might just wait to get them but as Snowesque said it would still be good to have just for collecting. And any future new leaf adventures

I'm sure they will use the amiibo.
It wouldn't be a good idea if they chose not to use them.

I definitely think the amiibo should have some use, although I'm admittedly biased since own all of the figures and tons of cards... Perhaps they could be used in new minigames similar to the panel and island minigames in New Leaf, or award MEOW coupons if those are brought back? Not sure if I'd personally want them to bring back the RV system though, because I thought it was fairly overpowered, although I can see why people would want it brought back.

amiibo cards and animal crossing amiibo figures will most definitely be compatible with the game, why would they even have them otherwise, they want to sell as many as possible. i don't want amiibos to be a big part of the game but i definitely think there will be amiibo exclusive items.

Pretty sure you can use all the Animal Crossing amiibo cards and figures in the new game. Would be
otherwise a big letdown if they wouldn't work, and I'm sure fans wouldn't be amused to find out that
they wasted money on amiibo stuff which you can't use in the next game. Besides, the other amiibo
figures (so the Super Mario, Smash ones etc.) also working with the Switch games, so I think they
will work. I can imagine that they may also release new AC related amiibo stuff, whatever it is a
series 5 for the amiibo cards or new figures.

I'm pretty confident Nintendo is some way will include the amiibo figures and cards in the Switch game. If not the same move in system, then atleast in another way. I will be quite disappointed if Nintendo doesn't include the figures and cards, but I also have 4 towns to use them on. I just want to know if Nintendo will re issue the cards and figures once the Switch version comes out. Even when they were out, I could hardly ever find the cards or figures I wanted. Twice I've had to resort to Amazon to get figures I wanted. And I still don't have all the ones I want.

I don't think they can afford not to include them in the Switch game.. They'll be able to release new series and do more special packs and collaborations with brands, so why wouldn't they! I think the Animal Crossing fan base would be happy to purchase these alongside the game, and they probably know that all too well :)

I work at gamestop and we got a rerelease of the amiibo figures for animal crossing (This last week), so to me it makes sense that at LEAST the figures will have capability. But the cards should too, I just wish they'd do a rerelease for the cards, because I never had the opportunity to buy any.

If the sanrio cards do not work in the switch version just bury me now. I need etoile in my life. Although them not working for HHA makes me less hopeful

If the sanrio cards do not work in the switch version just bury me now. I need etoile in my life. Although them not working for HHA makes me less hopeful

Don't lose hope, considering the update for NL came out after HHD (September 2016 for NL and July 2015 for HHD) the data for the WA villagers in HHD are there (examples are Carrie, Claude, Louie and Feylne), it just soft locks the game every time you scan a card.

My guess as to why they never completed implementing them is because they weren't so sure if the community wanted old villagers back (and new) and were worried it wasn’t going to be a success, which they were, but this was 2015 and WA/Sanrio cards weren’t a thing back then, but the series 1-4 cards were...and I highly doubt they'll patch HHD now to have this as the 3DS is getting on in its years.

Again, Don't worry, I'm sure they'll bring the Sanrio characters back...Nintendo just needs to make sure that the contract with Sanrio will allow it, at the time we don’t if it’s just to its NL tile (which I’m sure it is)

I hope so...I am just getting back into my game after a long time away (long enough that I decided to reset the game), and decided it was time for me to get amiibo. I am due to get my first series one sets tomorrow from Amazon. My local GameStop doesn’t carry them anymore (bummer).

It could be like Breath of the Wild where it implements older amiibo (in this case the AC cards), but make no effort to restock them. For example, when Breath of the Wild came out, you could scan the Smash series Link to get Epona, and since Nintendo wasn't making it anymore the price for it skyrocketed. I'd hate to encourage reckless spending, but if you are interested in them now may be the time to get them.

Last edited:
Since the switch also supports regular amiibo, and the amiibo cards for New leaf came out a while after the game's release, there shouldnt be any reason for Nintendo to not continue using them. If anything they would more likely release more cards with the addition of new villagers, Nintendo would be able to make some characters card exclusive as well, I wouldnt be surprised to see the cards carry over to the switch

i pray that they re-release the cards. the prices for some of them right now are just ridiculous

I got a pack of cards for Christmas, my boyfriend bought them online for me so he must've paid one of those hefty price tags for them.. I had been calling stores in 3 countries to find out whether they had stock (Europe is small), but hadn't found any. I even tried asking Nintendo if they could see where there's stock. He knew I was going to give in as I wasn't having any luck and just buy them on eBay, but he beat me to it with a Christmas surprise. Bless him. So on the one hand I hope they re-release for everyone who still needs them and can't afford these ridiculous prices, but on the other hand it'd really hurt to see these selling for $6 again when he paid more than ten fold..

I bought several packs of amiibo cards when they were first released. I used them a couple of times in ACNL but I would definitely get more of my money's worth if they can be used in AC Switch! Plus idk what I'll do if I can't get Tad in my town!!

Back