• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Am I the only one with nowhere to place the extra two bridges and inclines?

DaviddivaD

Sleepless Grandpa
Bells
Tasty Cake
I'm racking my brain trying to figure out where to place them. In my current layout, there's no room for them. I would have to level everything and start from scratch. 😩

I have 8 inclines already but only 3 bridges. Maybe I'll use the additional inclines, but I would have to make some drastic changed to use 7 more bridges haha.

I could actually use two more bridges because my starting island layout literally has the river surrounding both sides of the island, before joining together at the top and forming yet a third portion of the river traveling upstream.

I guess that would be the case for my island, but then again, I don't really have a need for that many bridges and inclines. I'm actually considering removing an incline and replacing it with a permanent ladder.

well i did need them long time ago, but i adapted the island and restructured it so i would not need them, im feeling i will have a long work restructuring my island and might need then in the coming future

I’m actually EXTREMELY excited because there’s this one cliff on my island that always bothered me because it was so inaccessible and kinda in the way. An incline will be so perfect and probably motivate me to finish that last bit of my island!

You don’t have to use them if you don’t want to. On my first island I have not used the original 8 of either. On my second island I have used 8 bridges but not 8 inclines. The fact that we now have ladders makes it so I don’t have to figure out inclines. It is just nice to have the options of two more of each.

personally, i didn't even need the 8(?) we were originally presented with. i only have 4 each across my entire town, although admittedly only one section of my map is even above ground level. (that's how it was when i arrived on the island, and i never felt the need to build additional cliffs elsewhere outside of one waterfall feature.) i could add a bridge in at least one other place, but i have stepping stones across the water since it's where the two rivers meet so it's not really necessary.

i'm looking forward to adding one incline in a place where i really need it. i'm not even close to the bridge limit though.

My first island doesn't even have 8 of either so I'm good there.

My original design for my second island turned out to need 10 inclines.
However I went a different direction and actually love it now so no plans to go back to my original plan.

But that just goes to show the increase will be helpful for people. I'm excited to see what people make with this change.

I flattened my island a few months ago and the extra bridges and inclines would’ve come in handy then when I was trying to figure things out. But now I’m not sure if I’ll need the bridge, although I’m sure I could use an incline somewhere lol. Maybe if I flatten again in the future I’ll have places for both.

There was a time I needed them, but now unless I rework my island a lot, not sure I need them. I'm super excited for the ladders and vines, though! Have spots for those.

Nah I have no use for them. My island has 4 bridges and 4 inclines. That’s plenty for me.

Both of my islands have big open areas and I already know exactly where I want to put the extra bridges and inclines.

I son’t be placing them. Also, I don’t like how bridges essentially depopulate your rivers of fishes, even areas that don’t have bridges on top of them. My major river use to have a ton, and now I only have 2-3 spots that populate at all, even though I only have a few bridges.

I have 4 inclines and 8 bridges; I can't fit anymore without destroying some layouts so I think I'm going to stick to what I've got. You're not forced to add the 2 extra unless you really want them

Nah I'm sure there's a lot of people who won't use them. But some do a lot of tiny cliff areas and want to put inclines up for that, or "mini islands" separated by water terraforming the bridges will be useful for! Idk if I will personally use the bridges but I can use an extra incline or two :^)

Back