• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Am I the only one who...

I bought this game at launch and I never reset or TT''ed. I took the first layout and the villagers that went with it, and just took it from there. Tbh I didn't know you could have a choice of map layout until recently, and I never TT'ed because I play for that day and that's enough for me. Anything else can wait!

I took a break from the game for a few months and started playing again in January. I came back with some new, fresh ideas and I set out implementing those into my game. As I had stuck with my town for so long with no resetting, I felt it deserved to be completed. When I had finished my town and there was nothing more I could do, I bought another game cartridge so I could start again and play at my own pace. I may well restart this one if I want to get things just right, but I'm glad I kept my original town and stuck with it until the end.

Same here! I took the first layout given and didn't know there was even an option to deny it. This is my first AC game, so that's probably why. xD

i reset only one time and it was shortly after i started my town, i had never played animal crossing before so i didn't know what to expect. aside from that, i've had this game for about a year and i've not reset otherwise. i can't imagine all of my hard work getting erased. i've put so much heart into my game (as stupid as that sounds). i don't have any more to give if i reset.

I dont really have the game for long yet (maybe 1 month), and at some point I did think about resetting, cause ye my map isnt "perfect" but it also really isnt the worst, if I would restart I wouldn't have a lot to actually change. Havent built the permanent PWPs cause I want to be sure about the spots, would really suck if those would mess it up for me. I unfortunately did TT a few days, simply cause I was bored, only to the next day and back though, but I do regret it, wouldve been nicer doing everything on time. I know Iresetted my town in WW and I hated every town afterwards. Just didnt feel right without my starting villagers and first layout and I can also see it here on forum, once you start reset, you might never be able to be happy with your town, nad just reset and reset. I might buy a 2nd cartridge later on though if I feel like a new start :)

I have had my town, Seacrest, since the release date. I recently bought a new cartridge for the chance of a fresh start without the need to reset =)

Ive never reset and have had the game since release.... I have however bought two more copies of the game.. So now i have three totally different towns. I dont think its that uncommon for folks to have their original save file still.. If it was that easy to reset the game and start over the game would be kind of pointless no?

There's other people who have never reset, I'm sure. :)

I've reset bunches of times, but I've had my current town for nearly a year now.

I got the game on day one and even to this day I still have the same town,tbh I'm tempted on getting a second copy because I've been tempted to start a new town but I don't want to get rid of all the progress I've made with my current one. XP

Same here! I took the first layout given and didn't know there was even an option to deny it. This is my first AC game, so that's probably why. xD

I also did this. I'm so glad I got a great layout and great villagers so I have no regrets (well...maybe having slightly fewer rocks would be better but oh well...) . I would never reset my town because I have put too much effort into it and have grown quite attached to it.

Got my game on release day and I've never reset. Too many memories and waaay too much work put into it to even consider resetting.

Plus the game's pretty boring now since I've done everything. If I did reset it'd probably be a waste because I wouldn't feel like making a new town anyway.

ive nly been playing for a couple months, but i reset in my first week because i was still getting the hang if it. if i want to start a new town, ill just buy another copy, i dont think i would want to sart all over and lose all that progress!

i reset 3x since i bought the game because i had no idea about map resetting and plot resetting lol

I've had my main town since launch. My second town I've reset once, but I was doing a cycling town at first and now it's a second town that I like, and I'm getting ready to reset my third town just cause I'm not happy with it. Sooo, yes and no? lol

i've had my game for he past 2 years and once i considered resetting but i just couldn't give up my town!

I've never reset. I bought a second cartridge so I could TT, maybe cycle...aaaaand just couldn't do it. So yup. Two full-on, no-reset towns. But it's such an amazing, heady moment, isn't it: entering a brand new town, checking the layout and meeting the villagers before the work begins. Hmm. Maybe it's time for a new cartridge! :D

I haven't! Even though I have a lot of reasons why I wanna reset, I just can't bring myself to do it -__-

Back