• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Am I the only one who...

LunaLight

Fairy
Bells
Switch
3710-3658-1121
Hasn't reset?
I've had this game for almost 2 years, and have had the same town since. I've learned to love my town layout and all that, so it doesn't bother me. I'm actually STILL trying to find out a good landscaping plan.

Am I the only one who has had ACNL for this long and hasn't reset? I just can't do it. My catalog isn't even finished or anything, and I've gotten SO many items that took me so long to get.

Last edited:
There's a lot of players like you who hasn't reset and probably never will since they got attached to their town so much. To me -- I was in love with my first town, but TT unlocked stores pretty quick to me as well made villagers move out, so I kind of ruined my game and wanted to started anew, since even if I did continue playing, it just didn't feel like my town.

I know for certain that I'm keeping my current town, and probably never will reset, lol. I'm planning to keep it for as long as I can

I got the game a week after release (stupid Royal Mail) and haven't reset my town since starting my first new game.

As much as I have qualms about little things in my town; 'that one rock' or 'why won't this bridge fit here' but I also see the bits of it I remember when I was first learning how to play the game, so it's more special that way.

Two years on the 18th June ^_^

I have but I wanted to say that I really respect that you haven't. When I first got the game I took it all as it came and played it for over a year without any time travel. Then I got stupid and TTed causing my favorite character to leave. I got mad and reset. Sometimes I really miss that first town.

Yes! You are the ONLY PERSON on this forum that hasn't reset their ACNL game! Why would you even comprehend to question this? How can anybody else possibly have the willpower that you do to resist resetting their game.

I'm pretty happy with my town so I don't plan on resetting it, but back in Wild World I ended up resetting twice for different reasons, the first time being a traumatizing experience that taught me not everyone can be trusted online, and that there are really mean kids who just want to turn every building in your town into a museum and save it on you. I guess the game can't comprehend the action of loading a town like that so it would freeze every time I tried to hit continue after that so I had no choice but to make a whole new town.

The other time was because my little sister accidentally erased my entire town. Luckily, I actually had my really valuable stuff on my cousin's game from moving stuff around between our games.

I bought this game at launch and I never reset or TT''ed. I took the first layout and the villagers that went with it, and just took it from there. Tbh I didn't know you could have a choice of map layout until recently, and I never TT'ed because I play for that day and that's enough for me. Anything else can wait!

I took a break from the game for a few months and started playing again in January. I came back with some new, fresh ideas and I set out implementing those into my game. As I had stuck with my town for so long with no resetting, I felt it deserved to be completed. When I had finished my town and there was nothing more I could do, I bought another game cartridge so I could start again and play at my own pace. I may well restart this one if I want to get things just right, but I'm glad I kept my original town and stuck with it until the end.

I've never reset my first town and know now that I never will. I'm not thrilled with the town map and certainly not happy with the placement of my perma-PWPs, but I've learned how to make it work, which is by thinking of it as a more urban type of town...which is why all of my villagers are kind of clustered together.

My other two towns are going to be more forest-like. Well, maybe not Burmecia.

Last edited:
Aww, you're not alone :) I had my town since release (June 9, 2013) and I don't plan on EVER resetting. I've come so far! I actually chose from the first batch Rover suggested and I never once regret it :D

When i used to play ACWW and ACCF i never used to reset, then after about 3/4 years of ACCF i learnt about grass deterioration, and i reset for the first time my town which i had done so much in. I miss that town, but, after resetting once on ACCF i became fearless, until resetting became a really bad habit.

When i got ACNL, i told myself never to reset, but i did over a stupid reason, and my resetting habits spilled over into new leaf, so for about 4 months i did a lot of resetting, but i finally kept my town i made in October 2013 and will never reset it, of course i'm not completely happy with the town there are lots of things i'd like to change, but i've finally lost that urge to reset, and i just love my town as it is

I think it just got too tiring having to unlock everything from the beginning, and the novelty of a new start wore off

I've had my game since release and I haven't reset it yet. I don't think I've ever reset any AC game really. I just roll with what I have and keep on going no matter what. If I want a new town, I'll get a new cartridge.

I haven't reset my town at all since I got it. I haven't had it for too long, though. ;w; I struggle whenever I think about resetting or not because I've done so much with filling up the museum and collecting items and making friends with villagers I like.

I've never reset. I've had the same town forever and gone through so many villagers. My map isn't the best actually, i just got the first one shown to me but I've grown to love it. Im still trying to make my town pretty...I'm always changing it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And this is exactly why I now have three towns.

Lol I had a second town and I lost it! It was a digital copy amd my D's was destroyed. I'm thinking about getting another copy but I'll get a cartridge this time!

I've never reset and never will! I've found the perfect town map for me without even realizing it and stuck with a theme that I continuously work on. I'm quite proud of that since I get bored of the same thing quickly! =0D

Though I sometimes regret decisions I've made with my town--I will never reset it. I love it too much to let the little things get to me. My town's nearly a year and a half old. To me, part of the challenge is working with what you have and making the best of it. You can't reset in real life when you change your mind or dislike something. You learn to live with it. And after a while, that familiarity alone becomes something you cherish. c:

I won't reset my first town. I love it far too much even if I could create a better town with another map. I'm a big fan of working with whatever you get.

I only had the game since November and I have no plans to reset.... Ever!... I don't even know how...

I've been playing since the release of ACNL and never reset my first town. Way too many hours put into my town.
For my 2nd year anniversary I'm switching the town to Zen. All the fairytale PWP are going.

I did reset a harvest town only because I messed up and the villagers moved out. Restarted and they haven't moved in 18 months.

Back