• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Pokémon All of my Max Raids are Lunatone and Solrock? (Pokémon Shield)

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
I booted up my Shield game again recently after not playing it for a while. And I've been doing Max Raids, but literally all of them are either Solrock or Lunatone. That's not normal, I definitely remember finding more than just those two Pokémon in the dens. But now there's nothing else.

The only theory I have for why this is happening is that perhaps, the last time I connected to the internet with my save file, when I was using a free trial week of NSO, there was some kind of event going on. But surely that event is over now. But I can't connect to the internet with my game anymore, because I don't have NSO anymore. I tried to connect without NSO, just in case it would update the event being over. But I've still got this plague of Lunatone and Solrock. It's been weeks. I fought them for a while just for the items, but then I started finding shiny Lunatone. The first one was kind of neat. The second one was just annoying. I stopped fighting them because I didn't want to find more shinies that I didn't even want and can't even trade because I don't have NSO. ^o^;>

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Or is getting NSO or restarting my save file the only way to end this infestation of rocks with psychic powers shaped like celestial objects?

Last edited:
Too bad. But I assume that restarting the save file will also end the space rock invasion, so probably I'll do that, since it's free.

Thanks for answering!

That’s a big bummer. If you wanted to preserve your save file you could also start a new save on a second account as well. As I have a secondary save file in Sword by doing that. If there’s nothing really worth keeping your old save around for though may as well restart on your main account. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Starting a second save file on another account was surprisingly simple! Somehow I thought it would be trickier than it was. I may still restart my original one someday to get rid of all those darn Solrock and Lunatone, but for now, I'll have another game where the Max Raids are the way they're supposed to be.

Thanks!

Update! While playing on my affected save file, something happened when I was catching a Pokémon, and the game crashed back to the home menu. After that, when I checked a max raid den for watts, I saw that a non Solrock/Lunatone Pokémon was in there. So I started checking more, and there seem to be a whole variety of Pokémon in there now, like they're supposed to be. I don't know if it had anything to do with the crash or not. Maybe it's unrelated.

Still, whatever the reason, the invasion of the space rocks is over! XD

Back