• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Advice needed: Should I restart?

Hinata825

Bells
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pink Candy
Jack
Blue Candy
Purple Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
So i've been playing my current town for quite some time and I've just about made it perfect. I have a complete town all 10 dreamies pretty much every pwp I could want, even laid down pathways and flowers and built my house as big as I really need it. Finished the exhibits and... now I'm kinda done. I don't know what to do. I love the game but I don't have any clear goals in mind. I have so much beloved furniture, and too many bells for me to be able to just start over. I used to make a new town every few months but I got so far this time I don't know if I can pull the plug. What do you guys think? Would you start over or would you try and make it work? (and yeah I tried making other player charters and I just don't have the space for them besides I never use them.)

*TL;DR My town is perfect (to me) and I can't decide to start over or if there's something else I can do with it. Help?

If you love your town so much, why would you reset? Wouldn't you just end up wanting to collect the same furniture and villagers all over again? Do you have other characters besides the mayor? If not, maybe you can create a second character and play as them. Or you could buy a second copy of the game. That way, you can still check in on your old town, while creating a new and completely different town.

That actually brings up two big problems of mine (thanks for replying btw) A) I love my town but it's so... dull I guess? I wish I could put it into words properly. It's the same all the time and yeah I suppose I would eventually end back so my old furniture but along the way I'd be experimenting and fiddling with it. B) I can't afford a second copy, which I suppose ultimately would be the best solution.

Have you finished landscaping your town? If you don't want to make any changes to your town or your house, then maybe you should just save it as a Dream Address and then reset because I don't know what else there is for you to do. You could either just go through the motions of maintaining your town or get off to a fresh start and do something completely different with your town which will keep you busy. Remember the point of your game is to have fun. If you are no longer having fun with your town, then it's time to reset.

As for the stuff, you can just have someone hold on to it for you. The biggest challenge is getting all of those PWP requests again.

Last edited:
huh.. dream address? It saves even if the town is gone? Well then that makes this a lot easier. I can just visit it once I get the dream suite again. thanks owo

All towns get boring after a while. Trust me. You can start over, but you'll eventually end up where you are now. That's why I think you should keep the town that you yourself describe as perfect.

Back