• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

advice for pixel drawings?

pillow bunny

Bells
Winter Mittens
so about a month ago i tried to make a pixel drawing, and it looked like this:

tumblr_static_z8v06u7gse8488kkcosssgc4.png

and i forgot about it for a while. anyways, i wanted to make some more, but before i start i was hoping to get some advice so i don't waste my time. thanks!!

Last edited:
That's not really a sprite, it's more of a pixel drawing.
A sprite is a tiny image, not really big ones. But still, it's really cute regardless.

That's not really a sprite, it's more of a pixel drawing.
A sprite is a tiny image, not really big ones. But still, it's really cute regardless.

oh whoops i thought they were the same thing. i'll edit the title now

its alright but looks flat/stiff and some parts are lopsided. its a good start, compared to some people.

Honestly, pixel drawings don't conform to anything, draw what you want and enjoy what you drew. You can just paint on some colors and draw the lines after and it'll still look good, IMO.

people have a certain 'standard' for pixels, like symmetry/how well the colors go/shading/outlining/etc etc its all very tough. its not just sprites that you gotta be careful with.

Back