• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

advice for pixel drawings?

pillow bunny

Bells
Winter Mittens
so about a month ago i tried to make a pixel drawing, and it looked like this:

tumblr_static_z8v06u7gse8488kkcosssgc4.png

and i forgot about it for a while. anyways, i wanted to make some more, but before i start i was hoping to get some advice so i don't waste my time. thanks!!

Last edited:
That's not really a sprite, it's more of a pixel drawing.
A sprite is a tiny image, not really big ones. But still, it's really cute regardless.

its alright but looks flat/stiff and some parts are lopsided. its a good start, compared to some people.

Honestly, pixel drawings don't conform to anything, draw what you want and enjoy what you drew. You can just paint on some colors and draw the lines after and it'll still look good, IMO.

people have a certain 'standard' for pixels, like symmetry/how well the colors go/shading/outlining/etc etc its all very tough. its not just sprites that you gotta be careful with.

Back