Famous Mushroom
New Year's Party Popper
Purple Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Green Candy
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Red Candy
I'm wondering if we have any experts in our community that can speak about the museum. How accurate are the descriptions? Is there a palentologist who can speak to the accuracy of the fossil graphics?

I'm wondering if we have any experts in our community that can speak about the museum. How accurate are the descriptions? Is there a palentologist who can speak to the accuracy of the fossil graphics?

I feel I can answer about the fish. As far as I can tell they are pretty accurate, although the sizes sometimes seem to be a little bit off.

They seem pretty accurate to me. Nintendo must have had a source of information because you can't just make up something complex as a dinosaur. That doesn't mean everything is 100% spot on, but what would they gain from sharing false information? Even the artwork looks genuine, aside from the fake Redd ones of course. I have no reason to distrust the information I learn at the museum.

Last edited:
The only thing that is really wrong is that the hermit crab is counted as a bug, when it isn't - really, it ought to go with the diving stuff (the museum info is accurate though). I know you catch it with the net, but it annoys me :)

The only thing that is really wrong is that the hermit crab is counted as a bug, when it isn't - really, it ought to go with the diving stuff (the museum info is accurate though). I know you catch it with the net, but it annoys me :)

I think the hermit crab in game is based on the terrestrial species that are found in the tropics, that's why it isn't a diving animal. Then again, there's no way you could catch a whale shark with a rod or a giant isopod by free-diving in real life.

I remember hearing a long time ago that something in a river fish's description was not entirely factual, but i cant for the life of me remember. The only thing I know off the top of my head is that this game seems to like to put prey in the same tank as their predator :u which....isn't too good..

i think the creatures in museum are organized by scientific classification. crabs are arthropods (no inner skeleton, but rather "outer skeleton" - their shell), same as scorpions, centipedes, beetles, spiders, etc.

interestingly, spider meat (like tarantulas) are said to taste like crab meat. yammies! :lemon:

Last edited:
i think the creatures in museum are organized by scientific classification. crabs are arthropods (no inner skeleton, but rather "outer skeleton" - their shell), same as scorpions, centipedes, beetles, spiders, etc.

interestingly, spider meat (like tarantulas) are said to taste like crab meat. yammies! :lemon:

They're ordered by how you can catch them. All but three of the benthic animals are grouped in the same tank, some of them aren't arthropods. One of them isn't even an animal.

I'm an art history major, and what I've read of the art descriptions seems to be pretty truthful. Its pretty basic information though.

I think the fake artworks are really funny (like the Winged Victory of Samothrace having bat wings, or Discobolos holding a UFO). I'm actually going to go read those now c:

Edit: now that I've looked, everything seems right! They even got the proper dating on the Capitolene Wolf (the wolf part is early Roman/Etruscan, the children are middle ages additions). Ironically though, the"perfect painting" (Apples & Oranges by Cezanne) is actually most notable because of the way he played with perspective. So it isn't like photographic, which is what most people would probably consider perfect.

Last edited:
Too bad the game doesn't classify an axolotl as a fish, we could place Dr. Shrunk in the museum. ;)

They're ordered by how you can catch them. All but three of the benthic animals are grouped in the same tank, some of them aren't arthropods. One of them isn't even an animal.

ooooh, that makes sense!

the hermit crab is caught with the bug net!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Too bad the game doesn't classify an axolotl as a fish, we could place Dr. Shrunk in the museum. ;)

lol, i dunno wat to make of that shrunk character... very weirds! an ex-comedian night club manager that dances alone >_<

lol, i dunno wat to make of that shrunk character... very weirds! an ex-comedian night club manager that dances alone >_<

...Dancin' with myself, ah ah~
Dancin' with myself...

Back