• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Accidentally deleting your games

I've had a lot of game data deleted over the years and it was never by my fault. It was always someone playing one of my games without my permission, being completely tech illiterate, and managing to delete my data. It happened so much I joked that it was a curse, but honestly it was just people not respecting my boundaries.

Now I don't let anyone touch my stuff without me being nearby. I'd come home to find my sister would had come into my house without an advanced notice and her kids just tearing up all of my stuff. Ripping apart my computer ect.

I didn’t lose the entire save, but one time I accidentally pulled the DS charger out too hard and lost 3 hours of progress on Pokémon Platinum. Having to fight Fantina again and redo 3 routes was awful.

When I beat Wind Waker for the first time I saved over my old save with new game plus. I had no way to go back to the old save file I spent dozens of hours on.

Back