• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AC:NL Information Thread (beware of spoilers!)

Fair enough, I redid my Wild World town so many times it's ridiculous. I've only had my town on there for just under a year. I'm going to look for Chow, triangle grass, the green train station, all the buildings near the top so they're easy to access from my house and leave space for projects, and cherries or peaches.

I like this layout a lot better than my last one and so far I love these villagers. :3
I ended up with pears, which I don't like, but I'm not going to keep resetting for fruit.

My old town will live on in the data uploaded to the dream emporium.

I like this layout a lot better than my last one and so far I love these villagers. :3
I ended up with pears, which I don't like, but I'm not going to keep resetting for fruit.

My old town will live on in the data uploaded to the dream emporium.

Can you show the lay-out? :D

Nope. I'm not even sure how I did it.

I didn't save over the data on the SD card, I hit some option while using the second SD card that somehow affected the first one.

Maybe Nintendo didn't want people "copying" or making "second" towns on Animal Crossing. So when you started up the game on the other SD card, the game told you that you had another save saved somewhere else, and asked if you wanted to forget about the save and make a new one on the current SD card.

The game will probably recognize saves though some kind of "ID" system. That way people cant share saves. Also, hitting the option gave you a new "ID" so the old save isn't recognized anymore.

I hope I made sense. I'm a Computer Science guy and sometimes I might use to much jargon or go into confusing detail.

Maybe Nintendo didn't want people "copying" or making "second" towns on Animal Crossing. So when you started up the game on the other SD card, the game told you that you had another save saved somewhere else, and asked if you wanted to forget about the save and make a new one on the current SD card.

The game will probably recognize saves though some kind of "ID" system. That way people cant share saves. Also, hitting the option gave you a new "ID" so the old save isn't recognized anymore.

I hope I made sense. I'm a Computer Science guy and sometimes I might use to much jargon or go into confusing detail.

That's really bad of Nintendo. It should allow you to do that. But who are your villagers, Mint?

Fair enough, I redid my Wild World town so many times it's ridiculous. I've only had my town on there for just under a year. I'm going to look for Chow, triangle grass, the green train station, all the buildings near the top so they're easy to access from my house and leave space for projects, and cherries or peaches.
We really relate.
A few years ago, on City Folk, there were some rules that had to apply if I wanted to keep the town.
Circle grass;
Apples;
Walker the dog;
All the main buildings on the top half;
A straight facing waterfall;
Decent villagers;
Houses in good positions;
No wasted space (Like empty spaces no-one would go to)
The Palace style gate;
Straight, simple slopes/ ramps;
And the main buildings fairly close to each other.

I probably restarted more than 100 times now, but I'm not as picky any more.
I start to get jealous when other people have Walker and I don't though...

Ohhh. :eek: That's probably it.

My other town was going to be one I didn't play as seriously in and messed around with. I won't be doing that again. xD;

New Map:

Mapp.jpg

I will post villager pictures a bit later.

I went forward a day since I was no longer advancing and a new villager will be moving in soon. They're named Tomuson.

Last edited:
When you talk to your villagers, do you keep your tool in your hand or do you put it away before you talk?
Strange question, but I didn't like how I kept putting my tool away when I talked to someone.

Nice house placement Mint! :D

Thanks!
All the good spots were taken in my first town, but not this time. :3

Villagers:

HNI_0051.jpg

When you talk to your villagers, do you keep your tool in your hand or do you put it away before you talk?
Strange question, but I didn't like how I kept putting my tool away when I talked to someone.

The tool gets kept in your hand.

What a cute dog! I hope they're more common in this game!

And thanks for answering.
Her's currently my favourite villager. xD

I've seen towns with two dog residents. I would think they're more common, but my last town attracted monkies. :s

Her's currently my favourite villager. xD

I've seen towns with two dog residents. I would think they're more common, but my last town attracted monkies. :s

Haha! How many monkeys did you have?
I'm glad to know that dogs are more common.
On GameCube, there was always one cat in your town. I had a town where there were 5 cats at the start!

On GameCube, there was always one cat in your town. I had a town where there were 5 cats at the start!

I would always see Bob and Olivia in Gamecube, and sometimes even in the same town at once. Whenever I start a new town I always get one of them. I also saw videos on youtube and sure enough they had Bob or Olivia. It's wierd..

I had two of them and both were white with grey faces and looked almost identical.
I was trying to kick at least one of them out. :p

5 cats! That's crazy! Much worse than two identical monkeys.
I would love to get a cat villager this time around.

I had two of them and both were white with grey faces and looked almost identical.
I was trying to kick at least one of them out. :p

5 cats! That's crazy! Much worse than two identical monkeys.
I would love to get a cat villager this time around.

I would always see Bob and Olivia in Gamecube, and sometimes even in the same town at once. Whenever I start a new town I always get one of them. I also saw videos on youtube and sure enough they had Bob or Olivia. It's wierd..

So many cats! Not a bad thing, but maybe not too much.

I had Bob, Olivia, Monique, Tangy, and Kiki in the same town with a couple others like Louie (a gorilla that looks like Donkey Kong) and Midge. (A bird with pink and white feathers)

Are there any villager species you hope to get in particular?

I'm hoping to get a Kangaroo and a Monkey because I've never had those animals in any of my towns before. I don't think I've ever had a Wolf, an Ostrich or a Goat either actually. I think my towns have always been flooded with cats, birds and ducks. :p

As somebody who didn't get City Folk and didn't get the promotion on Wild World. It's a bit like I'm getting three new species instead of two. (Deer, Hamsters and Monkeys) Four if you count the male counterpart of the Deer (I figure they must be like the cows and bulls at this point?)

Back