• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

About TT and making villagers move...

Ankhes

Wounded Orb
Bells
Winter Mittens
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
I am embarrassed to realise it took me this long to "get it." I finally got that Eureka moment about Isabelle setting your town at the beginning.

I get it now. You can ONLY safely TT with a NEW character - not just a mule character. The mule will lock in the town, too.

I finally GET IT. (It took me long enough...) :)

Okay, now from here is my real question. I have 2 villagers I want to give to two people here. I deleted one mule and started a new save file and did not save. I had her walk around and talk 2 weeks into the future and NEITHER villager had moved and nobody said they were moving. I have 9 villagers.

Now that I get how to TT safely, how do I use it to my advantage to provide these 2 people their dreamies???

You can do house plot resets and villager/campsite resets but I've never heard of TT-ing with a new character?

Unless I am mistaken, and believe me that is a REAL possibility, I think I've read here about people wanting to TT to see what things were like in their town further ahead than just a couple of days. Then they got locked into a bad situation because they either used their mayor or an established other character.

A TT with a new character lets you view and then you just don't see Isabelle and "lock" in your game. You stop it before ever saving.

So, I wonder if not saving it means I saw a possible future but one I could change and someone safely move out the villagers I want to give away. Does this make sense?

Hmm it kind of makes sense, my brain is a bit fuzzy after working all day and it being 1am lol so do excuse me if I'm a bit slow. Maybe someone who has done it successfully can enlighten us c:

Wow, i have never tried this but i think you are onto something here... I have been wondering what method to use to tt to get rid of my last 2 villagers. Would you post when you figure this out? Ive been too scared to tt because i did not want to lose my dreamies.

Wow, i have never tried this but i think you are onto something here... I have been wondering what method to use to tt to get rid of my last 2 villagers. Would you post when you figure this out? Ive been too scared to tt because i did not want to lose my dreamies.

I'll post when I dare try this, which is likely tomorrow. I want to give 2 people their dreamies and if I can find out what days they are supposed to move I can give them their dreamies much faster than waiting for them to volunteer naturally. :) I'll have to see first when I do the New Villager thing to try the same date in the future and see if the days appear the same. I'll use the 30th of this month as a target and see.

You can TT safely by resetting the 3DS time/date in settings too.

And that won't lock in your town once Isabelle sets it? That's an idea, tho. I'm a bit scared to try it, lol! But there are things I really need to learn. Thank you!

I guess you could do it this way... But it seems like way more work to me. Lets say you tt forward two weeks and a villager is missing but its not the one you are giving away, what then? Keep tting far into the future? But then you'll have to pinpoint their moving date when the villager your giving away is gone. And going through a new save file everytime feels like a waste of time when there are ways to do it with your mayor. The old way where you tt day by day or even the two day forward and two day back method seems faster.

this guide helped me really understand TTing, I don't use this method exactly, but my method is definitely similar

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?82107-Guide-Fool-Proof-Guide-to-Moving-Villagers-OUT

Last edited:
Back